Madcap Software

Be The First To
Add Photos

Madcap Software CEO Anthony Olivier

Anthony Olivier

Great overall experience - Great leadership (specifically the CEO)

Inside Sales Manager (Former Employee) La Jolla, CA

ProsGreat company culture, and some of the best people I've ever worked with. The CEO has an open door policy and is willing to listen and always is interested in employee feedback . The pay is excellent in comparison to other companies in the industry - this in itself speaks highly of leadership. If you work hard, you are compensated generously; and goals are manageable from a sales perspective. If I didn't need to leave for personal reasons out of my control I would still be there.

ConsNot much; beautiful location, but can be difficult to get in and out of La Jolla

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing! Clearly it's working!

Solid company with a lot of potential

Pros+ Personal growth you'll learn a variety of languages and really get in-depth with C#
    + Close relationship with your supervisor and the other engineers
    + Ping pong table!
    + Very casual and you're free to do whatever/leave and come in whenever as long as your work gets done

Cons- Could use better communication during release and between mentor/mentee
    - Release time doesn't have to be as hectic if planning was better
    - Still small company so not much room for promotions
    - Don't expect to get bought out anytime soon, this is a slow but steadily growing company

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on growing and getting better!

Ok..Politics galore

Non Technical Sales (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsDecent pay, nice location. Pay is not balance out the amount of stress that is put on you and the lack of value you're actually given here. Appreciation is better left for the customers to give to you because you will never see it from anyone in management

ConsVery nice to your face, not so nice when you've made the wrong person upset. Especially the ones downstairs

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're never going to get bought out. Good luck

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good people,

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood people dedicated to working hard.

ConsThe products have some glaring deficiencies and the will to address them seems to be lacking.

A great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) La Jolla, CA

ProsBright people passionate about the products

ConsNot much telecommuting possible for a technology company

Best place I have ever worked

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsMadCap is a great place to work, everybody works really hard and is passionate. We have a great company and great team!

ConsA little difficult to get in and out of the area during the summer- we are located close to the beach in very tourist type area.

Madcap Software not the place to work

Senior Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsThe ping pong table that is available.

ConsNo compensation and no rewards provided for all the long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementHonesty and respect to employees. Provide proper compensation.

Avoid

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people I work with are dedicated to the making a good product. And the ping pong table is nice.

ConsThe hours we work are unjustified for the pay. Working 4-6 weeks straight (sat-sun as well) prior to the launch is unneeded. If the leadership had any understanding of how to plan for a launch cycle, it would never be a problem. I do not blame my boss. It’s the CEO(who is clueless) that is always looking to add more features right before the launch. The sales staff has all but left because of the CEO who is also in the sales leadership role. Micro-management to the extreme…stay away if you’re in sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out how to reward the hard working employees who dedicate their lives (literally) to launching a good product. And get a clue, the CEO has no idea how to run a company or motivate employees. Case in point, the average employee has only been with this company for 6 months to 1 year…not a good track recorded. Stay away…they will talk a good game during the interview, but once you’re in, it is the worst working environment ever experienced!!!!!

Great people, poor organization and sales model

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsThe people are fantastic. I loved working with everyone at the company even when things weren't the greatest. Lots of freedom when I needed time off.

ConsLoyalty seems to be completely lacking. Management is not interested in ideas on how to develop sales/business strategies. Sales goals were unrealistic.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually create a realistic sales model. Sales people barely making goals every month, or not making goal is not the end of the world. It happens!

Worked for Madcap Software? Contribute to the Community!