Madden Communications

Updated July 9, 2014
2.8

Jim Donahugh
1 Rating

Management lacks communicational skills, and fails to recognize the HARDER working employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Madden Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great learning experience! Decent Pay. Good teamwork when employees are all on the same page. Dedicated Co-Workers.

Cons

Management's Ignorance to Employee's Concerns. Welcomes Open Door Policy, but BEWARE!!! Termination to Follow-If You Are Not a "Pet". Employees Going Over and Beyond Duties is Not Recognized, but Management Won't Mind Taking Full Credit When Praised By Clients. OverTime, if hourly, is frowned upon. BUT Expected From Those Individuals That Have Gone Above and Beyond..Make Sense? I'm Still Confused.

There is A LOT of BIAS between management and employees. SOMEONE needs to figure out Who and What is Causing Madden to Lose the Workers Who KNOW What Their Doing Instead of Hiring 2-3 Temps to Replace, and Do A Job That ONE Person Did! If They Don't Stabilize Their Situation Now- In Every Department of ALL of Their Facilities, Their Foundation Will Crumble Before They Even a Get a Chance To Grow In Their New Plans. HR, or Better Yet, Sean Madden and His Company Needs to Monitor and Filter Out The Poor Managers Instead Of "Those" Managers Micro-Managing Who They Don't Like....This is NOT Junior High!

Good Pay but Poor Management

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Wood Dale, IL
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Wood Dale, IL

I have been working at Madden Communications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good pay, some good people work here but not all.

Cons

Company grows but refuses to hire people to accomadate new business

Hire more people

Good company, Great People

Former Employee - Production Clerk  in  Wood Dale, IL
    Former Employee - Production Clerk in Wood Dale, IL

I worked at Madden Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employees are very hard working & easy to work with

Cons

Dismissed from Madden without any notice & very little explanation

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tense

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist  in  Roselle, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Roselle, IL

I have been working at Madden Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay is good, the people are nice. Learning the systems and how things work. Getting great info/knowledge

Cons

Growth is limited. It'd basically their way or no way at all. Compared to other places I've worked. It is tense, "they're watching you" literally.

Loosen up a bit.

Too clicky

Former Employee - Customer Support Specialist  in  Roselle, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Roselle, IL

I worked at Madden Communications full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good pay, strongly run at the corporate level but the individual offices are not run with employees in mind. Spent more than 5 years at the company and the moral in the building fluctuated based on the treatment by management.

Cons

Management does not listen to employees feelings nor do they understand how to determine the strengths of their employees and put them in the best position to succeed.

Put your employees in better position to succeed.

Learned a lot, then had to forget it.

I worked at Madden Communications full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The pay and benefits are good, and most of the people are nice, although most of the time I felt like I was living out the movie Office Space. Lots of change happened in the time I was there.

Cons

There is too much micro-management going on, which always made me feel I was not trusted. I was led to believe I was in line for a promotion but was passed over multiple times without explanation. There was a lot of office gossip going on, and lots of closed door meetings.

Have more trust in employees, be more open. Things are not always black and white, or at least they don't have to be. Don't give up on ideas so easily.

Madden is okay, just okay.

Current Employee - Client Support Specialist  in  Roselle, IL
    Current Employee - Client Support Specialist in Roselle, IL

I have been working at Madden Communications full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Everyone at Madden has a personality which creates a great environment most of the time. Work outings are fun but few and far between.

Cons

The turnover rate is huge. If you're not performing the way management likes they will look at everything you do and hold it against you rather than coaching you to become more successful.

Good not great but still better than most places I've worked.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Wood Dale, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Wood Dale, IL

I have been working at Madden Communications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Madden has better than average pay and benefits for a mid-sized company.

Cons

There is lots of change going on but is for the good of the business.

Increase you visability and communicate your vision and what you are doing to reach it. to employees.

Senior Production Coordinator

Former Employee - Senior Production Coordinator  in  Wood Dale, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Production Coordinator in Wood Dale, IL

I worked at Madden Communications full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Processes and standards were clearly defined and easily accessible. Their general training program was adequate to prepare for account specific training. Some people in the lead/project manager roles were fantastic resources.

Cons

Processes were overbearing and cumbersome. There were very few opportunities for professional growth if you weren't a supervisor's "favorite" from relentless brown nosing. Senior management clearly placed no value in employees as evidenced in their yearly (or even semi-yearly) reductions in staffing, pay cuts for retained employees and the never ending string of promotions and pay increases for those at the top. This company has long lost all semblence of the "family" environment that made it so strong and successful. The top heavy management, coupled with the disproportionate workloads in which truely talented people were overburdened and those that had no business still collecting paychecks were allowed to skate by on the successes of others made this place truly nauseating.

Recognize the talent you have before it leaves, or before you reduce staffing, and stop retaining the same dead weight that just further hinders productivity. Show that you realize value in your employees.

Just OK

Current Employee - Production Coordinator  in  Wood Dale, IL
    Current Employee - Production Coordinator in Wood Dale, IL

I have been working at Madden Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company used to have better Pros...

Cons

Management seems to be full of themselves.

There are too many of them.

Worked for Madden Communications? Contribute to the Community!