Madison Metropolitan School District

Updated Feb 1, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Arthur Rainwater

Schools are well run and funded.

Teacher (Current Employee) Madison, WI

ProsSchools are very diverse and teachers are hard working. Most principals are great leaders and run the schools well.

ConsSome ignorance when dealing with students of color but very open to improving teaching practices. Open technology policy can cause many students to be distracted during school.

Part-time tutor at West High School

Title VII Tutor (Current Employee) Madison, WI

ProsEveryone both in the district and in the high school is friendly. (My job does not need too much contact with the staff but the student. So I don't really have anything to comment on the staff) The pay isn't bad for a college student.

ConsWest High School has a little bit worse (not too bad) infrastructure, compared to my high school in Minnesota.

This position provides good work/life balance and a great opportunity to use language skills after a bachelors degree.

Bilingual Resource Specialist (Current Employee) Madison, WI

ProsIf you like working with children, MMSD and Lindbergh school are great places to do it!

ConsBehavior issues are part of every school. The BRS position sometimes lacks autonomy because you need to work in teachers' classrooms and follow their rules.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good job for short term, am always looking for something better

Special Education Teacher (Current Employee)

ProsThis job has a great deal of job security. I am typically confident I will have a job for the upcoming year. Our benefits are some of the top in the state at this point, and I am thankful for that. In addition, my immediate school has provided me with support and takes my input into consideration when making decisions.

ConsThe hours are incredibly high and the pay is low. Many days I don't take a lunch break, a bathroom break, or have the time to complete anything personal. I work from 7:30 to 5:30 on average, and typically don't stop working the entire time. Although summers are off, many of us have to work in the summer to make ends meet.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease support the teachers and recognize how much many of us work. Our duties continue to increase, with numbers of students rising, yet we are not compensated for the extra time and work.

Worked for Madison Metropolitan School District? Contribute to the Community!