Madison School & Community Recreation
www.mscr.org Madison, WI 500 to 999 Employees

Madison School & Community Recreation Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

I liked the job, Kids were the best part.

Groupr Leader (Former Employee)
Madison, WI

I worked at Madison School & Community Recreation

ProsThe kids are the reason to work.
The pay was good for how much work you are doing.
Great fit for schedule of a college student.

ConsManagement could have used some better guidance.
Management sometimes too friendly to employees not being able to discipline those that needed it.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut time into visiting the sites and offering praise and correction for those that work there. Keep this a fun place to work by making it fun for children.

Instructor Position

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Madison School & Community Recreation

ProsInstructing children in water safety is very satisfying as a job. The facilities at most pools are good. The other instructors are also excellent.

ConsIt is difficult to get time off, and the management does not take of its staff very well. There is consistent tension between staff and management.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice would be to address problems early so they don't get blown out of proportion later, and to respect the staff more.

It was a great place to be.

Club Leader (Former Employee)
Madison, WI

I worked at Madison School & Community Recreation

ProsIt is very rewarding to be able to work with children. They do have a sense of appreciation for all the effort that is placed to keep their activites going and to usually are behaving. That is not to say every day is peaches and cream but most days make me go home with a smile.

ConsThey are limited hours of work available unless you are a fulltime teacher, but at least you know that you have your weekends off and will never have to work any harder around the holidays, And all normal national holidays are also taken off.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep working on the communication. It is always important and will be so.

Worked for Madison School & Community Recreation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Madison School & Community Recreation reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Madison School & Community Recreation employees.