Maersk Group

Maersk Group Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Maersk Group Group CEO and Partner Nils Smedegaard Andersen

Nils Smedegaard Andersen

Pros
  • Excellent flexibility, work-life balance, good global opportunities(in 9 reviews)

• Good training program with lots of opportunities to work abroad(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Not so good things about the organisation - Work Life Balance(in 4 reviews)

• high attrition rate, lots of politics, leader with poor leadership qualities, office not spacious, work space not so clean(in 3 reviews)

Solid Company and good learning

ProsMarket rate compensation, diversity in the work force, and lots of opportunities to work internationally. Friendly for foreign nationals

ConsThe culture is a bit intense with lots of competition from peers. Also the company has strict corporate hierarchy, and there is obvious power distance btw employees and managers

Very good experience with Maersk. Learned most of my shipping/logistics knowledge from this company.

Supervisor (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat company to work with. A lot of job rotation opportunities. You can move wherever you want.

ConsRelatively low salary. Rigid rules not really motivating talents.

Awesome workplace!

Third Assistant Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsPay
    Time off
    Company takes care of you

ConsBenefits could be a little better

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One of the best companies in the industry.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsMaersk is a respected name in the ocean cargo industry and stands out for its professionalism, systems, and training. There was good development support and opportunities for growth.

ConsThe division I worked in (regional trucking) seemed far from the minds of corporate leadership overseas. Work days were long and I was expected to be available by phone at night and weekends.

Engineer

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsNothing good about this company

ConsWork, life, balance, breaks and lunch

Senior Analyst

Senior Analyst (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsCompany's philosophies are to be admired. Charlotte office has a gym and a full time fitness manager. Maersk has a lot of great people working for them but it seems most go unappreciated. The company is huge on green belt training.

ConsVery little opportunity for people that are not hand selected for promotion. While the company is proactive in greenbelt training, the opportunity for this particular training is not offered to employees equally. As with all companies, lots of politics...

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed better Executive Management

Company is a boy's club where promotions are not given on merit, salary is low in the industry, and culture is very EU.

Operations Analyst (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

Prosbenefits, 401 K, time off when needed, excellent exposure to global commerce, international culture and travel available. World wide company, looks great on your resume.

Conspromotions and opportunities not given on merit. Frequent layoffs, Poor salaries in the industry, poor structure. Company has no plan for profit loss except to irrationally lay off large numbers of people then immediately turn around and hire new people.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood place to start out but don't make it your career. Use the experience for what it is and move on in a few years.

Use to be a good company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsInternational company, good management, okay benefits

ConsOutsourcing of jobs to India and China. No room for advance or growth in the Finance Department.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit offshoring jobs and bring them back to the USA. You say you value your employees, but you continue to lay people off to squeeze profits and move the jobs to India.

Good Place to advance your early stage of career

General Manager of the Line (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsGood responsibility in your early stage of your career

ConsSlow in decision making and do not see the biz in long term

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

It's OK

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Madison, NJ

ProsNow that most of the layoffs are over and profits are back, things are OK here. They are still cutting a a few jobs but it should be less dangerous to work here, at least for a while.

ConsPay could be better. Management is good, but needs to do a better job of communicating to employees. A lot of the personal things they used to do are gone and morale needs help.

Advice to Senior ManagementNow that you have fired a lot of people you need to improve morale. What about the company picnic? Do something to make the employees feel better about working here.

Worked for Maersk Group? Contribute to the Community!