Magdich & Associates P.C.

www.magdichlaw.com

I love this job

Current Employee - Attorney in Novi, MI
    Current Employee - Attorney in Novi, MI

I have been working at Magdich & Associates P.C.

Pros

This is a very good firm to work for. I enjoy all the people who are here. There is not hierarchy of people. Attorneys are treated the same as support staff. Management has an open door policy and is always willing to discuss issues and look for possible solutions.

Cons

This is a smaller firm, only 10 attorneys and about 10 support staff. This can also be seen as a positive. We are all very close.

There is really nothing I would ask Management to change about the environment of the firm. Everyone is supportive and I have witnesses people move from receptionist up to being a paralegal. All the training is in house.

Employees are under-valued and underpaid.

Former Employee - Administrative in Novi, MI
    Former Employee - Administrative in Novi, MI

I worked at Magdich & Associates P.C. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Location is convenient. The attorneys are pleasant. The administrative staff are nice to work with. The office manager is very communicative.

Cons

Compensation is unsatisfactory.
    Raises are extremely lacking, if given at all.
    Health insurance is not affordable enough to make it a viable option.

Employees will stay longer if they feel compensated and appreciated, which they do not feel now. Until this happens, the revolving door of support staff will continue.

A bus driven by the blind.

Former Employee - Legal Secretary in Novi, MI
    Former Employee - Legal Secretary in Novi, MI

I worked at Magdich & Associates P.C.

Pros

They regularly give marginally qualified applicants an opportunity.

Cons

Would you work for a firm where:

Management engages in childish whispering.
    All employees are contract employees.
    Support staff has to clock in and out.
    All contract employees suffer under the unfettered whims of management.
    Standards of performance are embarrassingly low on a professional scale.
    Behavior of professional staff includes casual profanity and obscenities as a matter of course.
    Office politics rather than performance dictates your work conditions.
    Promisesd made and never kept.
    Supplies are kept in a locked environment so that contract employees must request such simple things as pencils.
    Final pay was removed from automatic deposit and withheld until complaint to the Wage and Hour Division was made.

Ask yourself -- Would I want to work for myself? If so, try being candid this time and think about it again.

Great workplace

Current Employee - Paralegal in Novi, MI
    Current Employee - Paralegal in Novi, MI

I have been working at Magdich & Associates P.C.

Pros

Fast paced firm with the majority of the practice dealing with insurance defense and medical malpractice. The firm has expanded in the last two years adding several experienced attorneys, as well as support staff. I enjoy that the management and staff work well together. Management takes the time to train each employee on a one-on-one basis.
    Bonuses and pay raises are frequent when deserved. Overall, great work environment.

Cons

Fast paced working enviornment, so be prepared to be busy.

Keep up the good work.

Nice place to work!

I have been working at Magdich & Associates P.C.

Pros

Very family oriented, most everyone gets along with each other. Everyone works as a team and teamwork is encouraged there. When someone is out there is always someone willing to step in and assist. The firm is pretty organized and is going to a paperless enviroment. They have great technology and are very accomodating when it comes to family and personal time off.

Cons

Very busy sometimes a little overwhelming

Continue to be as approachable and professional as always.

Management of office is a joke

I have been working at Magdich & Associates P.C.

Pros

There is plenty of work to keep busy.

Cons

Ditto on the office environment; bias, favoritism, constant miscommunication, promises at interview and phone call NEVER happened; "putting the blame" on the scapegoat; management is totally forgetful; "oh, we'll get that for you tomorrow"...tomorrow never comes. You can be happy walking in and leaving as if you committed a crime over something that is only in management's control. Awful...just awful

Look at the entire situation before placing blame. Communicate with parties that are involved. Investigate when forgetfulness by certain people cause havoc and blame is placed on the wrong party.

Senior Paralegal Position

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

I worked at Magdich & Associates P.C.

Pros

Relatively family oriented, occasional lunch paid for by the boss, close to home, no city income tax.

Cons

Very catty office, outright hatred of other employees among employees, a high school environment, no benefit package, promises made during hiring interview that were never kept, management seemed to have favorites, work was never appreciated, employees were placed in very poor working spaces

Please be more fair to all employees in the office. Also acknowledge hard working employees and when an employee helps another.