Magellan Health Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Barry Smith

Pros
  • Work from home opportunties are good (in 15 reviews)

• They encourage work-life balance, caring for each other, and delivering great customer service (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Local upper Management is unethical at best (in 4 reviews)

• Call center environment, still better then most (in 3 reviews)

an awesome place to work

Current Employee - Senior Care Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Care Manager in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

great place for an experienced clinical social worker, opportunites for advancement, opportunities to change contracts and job positions when employee is ready for a change. growing work from home program is great for staff who have long commutes. for the licensed clinical social worker, you can look forward to an 8-5pm job, no on call or after hours work and the ability to leave your job and go home without stressing over undone work or high risk clients. you do your job, and at the end of the day, there are no loose ends. senior leadership is very experienced, very bright, and are excellent at networking and building relationships within the local community from state to state. magellan is very concerned about employee health and offer programs to help employees achieve better health. social committee keeps the office busy with employee events to boost morale. very professional environment where customer service is taken very a priority. magellan will go to any length to make a customer happy.

Cons

sitting at a computer for (8) hours a day.

Advice to Management

employees like to be heard and over the years, i have watched magellan make efforts and gains in providing employees with opportunities to provide feedback anonymously. please continue listen to your employees particulary around middle management issues. also, new clinical staff need close monitoring for first (6) months especially around customer service and making every effort to make the member and customer happy.

2. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - EDI Systems Analyst in Maryland Heights, MO
    Current Employee - EDI Systems Analyst in Maryland Heights, MO

Pros

Magellan is a great Place to work. They are very flexible when it comes to balancing work and home life. The pay is great. Depending on the department you are in you have the ability to work from home when necessary. Upper management at least in EDI expects you to be a super star. They want the best of the best, which gives you a goal to work towards.

Cons

Training is not the greatest. They pretty much expect you to already know your job when they hire you. People tend to hord information. I guess in fear of you taking their job.

Advice to Management

Breath ... we are all working very hard to meet the companies goals.

3. Great Company

Current Employee - Care Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Care Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Magellan Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ability to work from home, management strong leadership ability and skills, focused on job processes, supportive teams

Cons

I have no concerns to share. This is a very good company

Advice to Management

Management strives for excellence and it shows in the work they do.

A great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Care Manager in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Care Manager in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Magellan Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great incentives and bonuses, very approachable supervisors and an overall highly ethical community.

Cons

somewhat monotonous work, having to wear a headset all day

6. EAP consultant

Current Employee - EAP Consultant
    Current Employee - EAP Consultant

I have been working at Magellan Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Professional and supportive staff, excellent training

Cons

Too much administrative responsibilities and paperwork

7. My favorite job/employer to date.

Current Employee - Learning Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Learning Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Magellan Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule in my department. Transparent leadership. Positive outlook.

Cons

Contractual constraints on length of job stay in many markets.

8. A great place to work especially on the wide array of project management changes that can be done.

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Magellan Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work life balance. Extra hours tend to be during major project deliverable s. Salary is at par with industry standards

Cons

Sometimes the convenient way becomes the main mantra in meeting project deliverable s. Training in the technology segment would be great. Reliance on contractors to complete project cuts of FTE's from the major deliverable s.

Advice to Management

There need to be more advancement for leadership opportunities. Expansion into other health care segments should be inclusive of FTE's who are also Subject Matter Experts on the systems in place.

9. I Love It!

Current Employee - Customer Care Associate I in Maryland Heights, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Care Associate I in Maryland Heights, MO

I have been working at Magellan Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Been there over 3 months now and I absolutely love it and I'm so thankful to work in such a professional environment. For the most part 99.999% of the people are pleasant, inviting and friendly and will help you as much as they can. The benefits are excellent and so many days off with paid holidays and even a few floating holidays for good measure - lol. Other benefits include dental, vision, health and life insurance. I finally don't have to work nights, weekends nor holidays and next year I will be working at home, keeping all my benefits. There is a fabulous cafeteria that's sort of like at a major hospital. There is a wonderful staff who helps keep the place clean, that's important to me. Everything I was told is true. I worked for a few companies where I thought I was earning vacation time or getting a certain salary, only to learn, I was lied to. I have also been in places where it's not too clean or too loud in the work atmosphere, you won't normally find that here. As a Coordinator we also will get quarterly bonuses. Last, the company is growing and if you are serious about a career with a job you can retire with, come on board but do your part. If you are a lazy worker, you won't be retained. If you don't like to come to work and like missing a lot of days, you won't make it.

Cons

I honestly haven't had any challenges. I only challenge myself to be as productive because this is an excellent employer who rewards for a job well done. If you can be diligent in your 90 day probationary period, come to work and pay close attention to your work, you can make it here and have a good career.

Advice to Management

Let's keep growing the company because we all benefit and keep finding people who want to help people and prosper professionally.

10. Best employer ever!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Magellan Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are flexible to your personal situations and supportive. Pay and benefits are fantastic. Management is supportive and inviting of your ideas. I love it there so much, I constantly refer friends and family there. Several have been hired or are contractors and have never been happier!

Cons

Absolutely none. I work in HR, and they are the best crew I have ever come across. We all know it is a team effort and are willing to pick up wherever necessary.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Barry, you are fabulous!

Project Management

I have been working at Magellan Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Magellan offers a great PTO package and semi-good benefits

Cons

Leadership sometimes doesn't take the time to develop their employees

Advice to Management

Help the staff ensure growth

RSS Feed </> Embed