Magenic Technologies Reviews

1. Project Lead

Current Employee - Lead Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Lead Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Magenic Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company encourages new ideas and has a pretty open culture. Lot of learning opportunities .Technical talent is very encouraging . Management is pretty supportive and encourages career growth in the best possible way.

Cons

We need to get bigger and larger projects to foster employee growth . Cross training across various disciplines also should be encouraged

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on growing and employee satisfaction

2. Nice Company

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Magenic Technologies full-time

Pros

Nice Company with some brilliant people.

Cons

Not lot of growth , it will take years to move ahead one step.

Advice to Management

Make sure you give importance to talented individuals, and respect their growth too , not only abut company profit!

3. Nepotism and Bad Benefits

I worked at Magenic Technologies

Pros

Fun projects at good clients

Cons

Need to be related to owners. Benefits are not competitive in SF.

Over Promised and Under Compensated

Former Employee - Business Development in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Business Development in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Magenic Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leading technologists and practice leads, large enterprise/Fortune 100 clientele. Magenic is an excellent place for developers new to their careers to gain training and certifications. There is a clear career trajectory for technical resources, not so for sales.

Cons

Magenic is a small player in a market of large competitors. Although at the leading edge (supposedly) of technology and custom development expertise, Magenic is sorely lacking professional management and sales processes.

Advice to Management

Magenic promised a higher level of compensation than my prior employer and I assumed the role based upon that aspect of my offer. Within the second month of my employment bonus and compensation plans were drastically reduced rendering my position to be lower paying than my prior role. Further, they arbitrarily mandated early schedules, rigidly requiring arrival at 6AM. The sales organization fails to retain talent for outside roles and has an extremely high attrition rate among account executives who come from outside the microcosm of Magenic. The managers currently responsible for their Inside and Business development have no direct sales experience and have less acumen than most college interns placed with mature companies. The entire sales group lacks any succession or adequate training and employee development process. The sales organization appears not to have a regimented sales process and is dependent upon key contributors for success. Magenic is a small, privately held company and acts as such. The employment contracts basically allow for the Presidents or their designees to implement any mandate at their whim, and little to no protection or processes exists to air grievances. Individuals who lack real sales experience ought not be placed in positions of management for any level of sales, ever. Reductions in commission and compensation are a sure fire way to alienate employees and will make it nearly impossible to attract and retain high quality talent/candidates. Management needs to articulate expectations more clearly, and should be upfront and transparent in discussing perquisites and compensation. Concerns ought to be addressed in a formal process. Management ought not be evasive and obfuscatory when dictating mandates which are disadvantageous to employees. Concerns and conflicts should be dealt with in a formal process and communicated clearly, along with potential consequences or actions etc. What occurred to me was nearly an example of detrimental reliance under promissory estoppel based upon the terms of my initial employment offer, failure to supply me with a copy of existing compensation/bonus plans prior to employment when I received my offer letter, and the changes which occurred shortly thereafter dramatically changing these terms. A comp plan should never be released simply as a stack of numbers or without formal terms and descriptions, nor reduced to a small fraction of payment compared to that of former compensation plans. Compensation should not be reduced in lieu of "enablement" tools which carry high costs.

6. Good company to stay along

Current Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Magenic Technologies full-time

Pros

Very good, flexible, caring managers, excellent learning opportunities and friendly casual work environment

Cons

pay less than national average

7. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Associate Consultant QAT in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant QAT in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Magenic Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Since starting at Magenic I have had a great experience, everyone is friendly and knowledgeable. The willingness to help each other grow and learn is unlike any company I have worked at in the past. I highly recommend anyone looking for a great job in QA with great perks and possibility to grow quickly in your career to come to Magenic.

Cons

Honestly I cannot thing of anything negative to say.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job!

Underpaid, Little Transparency, Vague details regarding upward mobility

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Magenic Technologies full-time

Pros

Relaxed dress code, other developers are very friendly, benefits are pretty good, lots of training opportunities

Cons

Management lies frequently, you can be laid off at anytime but often when you'd be eligible for more than two weeks of severance, promotion requirements are vague, better benefits elsewhere, preys on fresh college graduates, pays them (on average) 20k less than market rate.

Lots of opportunity to learn and grow professionally

I have been working at Magenic Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Magenic's culture is one of learning and sharing what you learn. There are many opportunities to learn cool new technologies and grow professionally by improving your tech chops and your soft skills.

Cons

Consulting can be a very challenging environment. Many client projects don't go as smoothly as they can because of client politics. But, if things were going smoothly, Magenic wouldn't be needed.

Advice to Management

Take more lessons from past projects and continue to improve the delivery model.

Magnetic = Revolving Door of Account Executives

Current Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Magenic Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free coffee and other perks like free peanuts

Cons

Revolving door and high turnover

Advice to Management

Turnover is unacceotable

11. Fun Environment

Current Employee - Tester - QAT in Saint Louis Park, MN
    Current Employee - Tester - QAT in Saint Louis Park, MN

I have been working at Magenic Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people here are a joy to work with. Management is extremely nice

Cons

-Sometimes they are not very organized

Advice to Management

na

RSS Feed </> Embed