Maggiano's

www.maggianos.com

Maggiano's Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Steve D. Provost

Pros
  • great food, able to request time off, many positions to aspire toward and transition into(in 5 reviews)

• flexible hours, fun and relaxed atmosphere(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Just the long hours, but that comes with any job(in 5 reviews)

• Also be prepared to work DOUBLES on every and all holidays(in 2 reviews)

Maggiano's Good or bad?

Prep (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGreat way to move up and gain experience
    Friendly Staff
    Friendly Co-workers
    Nice environment

ConsFast Paced
    Some chefs more strict than others
    Never have enough tools such as brooms, squeegees available to clean.
    Raises not managed correctly

No Company Values

Banquet Server (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGet as many hours as you would like

ConsManagement is terrible and will not listen to employees

Good company. Lots of rules

Host (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsFlexible hours, lots of money to be made, always busy.

ConsPoor management, inexperienced employees, rude guests.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to stop by for a while, but I don't advise making it your career unless you go into Management.

Banquet Server (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsAt my branch, the majority of the people I work with are good people and we all tend to get a long fine. Occasionally, there will be a couple people you will not like but that's life and it's bound to happen anywhere. We get pretty good hours and business seems to stay pretty consistent and busy, however, this is also due to the semi-low quality of people booking the banquets (they are the people who try and get as much stuff for free as possible and complain about a free meal, because these are the people who just come to the banquets for the free food). We have had more banquets lately who run you like crazy and then don't even tell you thank you for your hard work at the end, let alone leave anything extra (even though tips are never expected).

ConsIf you cannot lift a trey that weighs a minimum of 30 lbs. and walk it from the banquet room to the kitchen, don't even try. These huge treys are part of the job and if you can't lift them, that's a big part you aren't able to do. The plates are also heavy. Also be prepared to move multiple chairs and tables.

Terrible

Server (Former Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsGood menu, friendly staff and well organized. You get some discounts for working with the company.

ConsBe prepared to pay the entire staff off of your tips. By the end of the night you end up tipping out over $100 of your tips. Liquor runner, food runner, busser, bar tender, and even a COFFEE runner. Yes you heard me right you tip out a coffee runner. Even if she doesn't make any coffee for you, your required to tip her out. Also be prepared to work DOUBLES on every and all holidays. No if ands or buts. I quit this job after a week. Been a server for 8 years and never in my life had to tip out like that. My trainee tipped out $170 one night. Un believable. And you have to wear a full penguin suit. Totally not worth it.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake responsibility and pay your staff and stop making it the servers job to pay your kitchen staff out of their tips

I love the environment and the people here.

Prep Cook (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsLike it says in the title, I love working here. The people are great, management is very supportive and encouraging, and the work is, well, work.

ConsSometimes scheduling can be a little bit unorganized, and that leads to call-ins and schedule changes where they aren't expected. This kind of work isn't for everyone, so there is a lot of employee turnover, which means that you're only really valuable if you're cross-trained in the kitchen.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people that you hire. They might have some good ideas about tweaking recipes to make them tastier or more shelf-stable. Other than that, carry on. You're doing great.

Maggiano's is overall a great company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Austin, TX

Proswork culture- everybody gets along

Conscommunication issues with management and senior staff

Great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFor the restaurant industry, it's a great place to work

ConsCorporate atmosphere is a bit overwhelming

Advice to Senior Managementnon

Fun work environment

Food Server (Former Employee)

ProsIt's the coworkers that always make the best experience. Money can be worth. One of the better, fun restaurants I worked at.

ConsIt's typical corporate where they are always pushing you to sell specials and promotions. Sunday shifts are awful because of the customers. Management plays favorites, but this is like any place.

American Italian Restaurant

Banquet Server (Current Employee) Boston, MA

Prospeople are friendly there, fun atmosphere

Conspoor communication between managers, they need to work instead of standing around watching us work when it's busy

Advice to Senior ManagementBe on the floor when it's busy

Worked for Maggiano's? Contribute to the Community!