Magna International Reviews

Reset
1.1
Magna International CEO and Director Donald J. Walker
Donald J. Walker

Pros
  • Good benefits, profit sharing and wages (in 4 reviews)

• Wages and Benefits are very good compared to other companies in our area (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Difficult to achieve a healthy work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Long hours during product launch with no direct compensation, so reward is hopefully through a recognized bonus for putting in time during launch (in 4 reviews)

It was a career worth keeping

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, IL

Pros

Co-Workers were family Close to home

Cons

Management changed to many times New managers didn't know what you did - but would appraise you anyway??? Lack of communiction on job functions when manager changed.

Advice to Management

Train your managers in HRM!!!

2. Could be better

Current Employee - Assembly in Nashville, IL
    Current Employee - Assembly in Nashville, IL

Pros

Wages and Benefits are very good compared to other companies in our area.

Cons

I do not understand why it is everyone from the CEO down to local plant management gets such HUGE bonuses when it is actually the people(to use managemants words) on the shop floor that makes sure we put out a quality part that we are proud to put our name on. I am not saying I am not thankful for what Magna has done for myself and other employees, but what I am saying is why do you feel you are of more importance than I and my fellow workers are. We need each other. YOU are no more important than I am. Salaries for these people are not a problem for I know they earn it. I guess we do not earn what we get. Let me ask one thing, what would you do if you did not have us? Also how many people could be put to work if you did not take such HUGE bonuses. Just SAYIN.

Advice to Management

Take a look at you are worth to MAGNA. NOW how much do you think the hourly associate is worth? How would you get your product out IF you had no associates? I guess it would be like what I have heard in some of the meetings I have set in on, which is I WILL DO IT then you go out and get the SHOP FLOOR employees to do it but you say you are the one doing it.

RSS Feed </> Embed