Magna International

Magna International Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Magna International CEO and Director Donald J. Walker

Donald J. Walker

Pros
  • Good benefits, profit sharing and wages (in 3 reviews)

• Strong culture, Employee centered, Good people, Strong management support (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management needs to look at talent that is around them before making cuts (in 3 reviews)

• All divisions of the company are considered independent which causes intercompany competition (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

magna international

Vice President - Engineering (Current Employee) Troy, MI

Prosgreat opportunities for those willing to work hard and smart

Consbeing decentralized can be a real challenge at times

Good place to learn nothing.

Forklift Operator (Current Employee) Carrollton, GA

ProsFast pace dont work the whole year if you permanent, great benefits, great shifts, got to be hired on first.

ConsOnce you prove yourself as being a hard worker and love to be part of the team. Wait for about 1yr to 3yrs making about $10.00 to $10.50 before you get hired on. Third shift outside paint supervisor do even know his own job. to much negativity.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a Team, there shouldn't be any supervisors coming in with a bad attitude. please pay attention to all 3 shifts, there is a lot of favoritism, no leadership.

Good place to work at

Process Engineer (Current Employee) Birmingham, AL

ProsRapidly growing company with good compensations

Consneed to better identify younger talent

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Too Many Hours - Top Management Abuse

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Carrollton, GA

ProsPlenty of work and business is booming. Future of the company is very good. Very diverse portfolio.

ConsUpper Management turns over constantly and expects more dedication to work than home and family. Worked there for 8 years and averaged 1-2 days off per month for over 4 years. No pay increases and very abusive language. Salary and Hourly employees were very dedicated and passionate but Management did not care and hid issues from Corporate.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to Salary Support Staff and Hourly staff. Re-prioritize vision and goals.

Magna Deception

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat insurance. Pay is okay

ConsLong hours and no set days off. Poor treatment of employees

Great company to work for

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsTop company top management team is committed to doing the right thing, and there is a lot of positive momentum.

ConsI really have no complaints about working here -- probably because I like all the people I work with -- those that I work wtih on a day-to-day basis, as well as those on a more incidental basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

Unbelievable experience ! Professionals at their peak performance. Too bad they relocated to mexico. Jobs galore.

Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) Syracuse, NY

ProsGreat Pay. Great Coworkers. Ambiance is just pure heaven on earth. Management is just superb, under Bob Bowers tutelage.

ConsNo longer in the Syracuse area, having relocated to Mexico. Too bad that for $1 less for transfer cases, they outsourced American jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove back to Syracuse to build our economy, not theirs

Great Place to work always

Quality Assurance (Former Employee) Howell, MI

ProsGreat workplace conditions and safe

ConsLong hours and many weekends

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep employees longer don't get rid of them cause they are making to much money

Large company that still lets their divisions make some choices.

Program Manager (Current Employee) Holland, MI

ProsOpen door policy with all employees.

ConsTo worried about the short term and not 5 years down the road.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some money on updated equipment to keep the business going.

Worst years of my life! Nightmare!

Machine Operator (Former Employee) Syracuse, NY

ProsNone. Magna took over New Process Gear from Chrysler for the sole purpose of closing us and moving the business to Mexico. All employees including management were treated horribly.

ConsTreated like animals. Cutting costs was the only important thing. People were constantly being fired just to reduce the workforce before the plant closing.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have no souls!

Worked for Magna International? Contribute to the Community!