Magna International

Magna International Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Magna International CEO and Director Donald J. Walker

Donald J. Walker

Pros
  • Good benefits, profit sharing and wages (in 3 reviews)

• Strong culture, Employee centered, Good people, Strong management support (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management needs to look at talent that is around them before making cuts (in 3 reviews)

• All divisions of the company are considered independent which causes intercompany competition (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

My place of retirement?

Production Supervisor (Current Employee) Shepherdsville, KY

ProsMagna is family, and treats its employees with respect and provides great benefits as well as a more than competitive compensation package

ConsNo cons to report at this time. So far this has proved to be a great place to work with great opportunities.

Diversity of projects, lack of direction

Manager (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsLots of different programs to work on, with various customers

ConsNo clear vision of division strategy, uninspiring and seemingly uninformed senior management at times led to poor morale in division.

Magna International

Production Worker (Current Employee) Highland Park, MI

ProsWorking for Magna provides some the best opportunities for employees to advance to a higher level if desired. They care about their employees potential for growth and they encourage you to seek the education and training to better quailfy for new position within the company." It's a great place to work".

ConsThe only downside to working for Magna is if the auto manufacturers begin cutting jobs and and closing plants because of declining auto sales. This would be some concern only because Magna is a supplier to most of these companies that manufacture cars.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing, you have a solid grip on the world market and continue to perform exceedingly well. The management team knows exactly where this company is headed, and will stay firmly ahead of problems that may its way.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tough place to work

Quality Engineer (Former Employee) Syracuse, NY

ProsPay was comparable 24/7 to get it . Very many good people that you work with.

Cons24/7 on call no family life with work life balance . Managers are clueless and manage with fear.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember we are people and need to have down time in order to function.

good learning experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Troy, MI

Prosgood pay and good benefits

Conslittle room for growth for those who want to expand their careers

Could be better

Assembly (Current Employee) Nashville, IL

ProsWages and Benefits are very good compared to other companies in our area.

ConsI do not understand why it is everyone from the CEO down to local plant management gets such HUGE bonuses when it is actually the people(to use managemants words) on the shop floor that makes sure we put out a quality part that we are proud to put our name on.
    I am not saying I am not thankful for what Magna has done for myself and other employees, but what I am saying is why do you feel you are of more importance than I and my fellow workers are.
    We need each other. YOU are no more important than I am. Salaries for these people are not a problem for I know they earn it. I guess we do not earn what we get. Let me ask one thing, what would you do if you did not have us? Also how many people could be put to work if you did not take such HUGE bonuses. Just SAYIN.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at you are worth to MAGNA. NOW how much do you think the hourly associate is worth?
    How would you get your product out IF you had no associates? I guess it would be like what I have heard in some of the meetings I have set in on, which is I WILL DO IT then you go out and get the SHOP FLOOR employees to do it but you say you are the one doing it.

It was a career worth keeping

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Nashville, IL

ProsCo-Workers were family
    Close to home

ConsManagement changed to many times
    New managers didn't know what you did - but would appraise you anyway???
    Lack of communiction on job functions when manager changed.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your managers in HRM!!!

the very worst company in the world.

Assembler (Current Employee) Syracuse, NY

Prosnone. not one good thing about this company is good used to be a great place to work not now

Consmagna sending my job to mexico ..this is how they do business bend over and take it ..and like it

Advice to Senior Managementyou suck .......think about the people you screwed over for your bottom line.....4000 people down to 800 soon tobe

Company is ok

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Troy, MI

ProsGood benefits use to be better. Mid to lwr management are fair to work with. flexible with time off and family time

ConsNo room for advancement. Removal of some nice benefits. Upper management needs to look at talent that is around them before making cuts. Direct employement will not stop a possible layoff

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to look at what talent they have within the company. Opportunities for advancement. Imporve communication between the divisions

Do not plan on a long term career with Intier Automotive 5 - 10 years tops!!

Senior Engineer (Former Employee) Novi, MI

Prosgreat coworkers, the people you work with are very supportive.

ConsVery few people retire from the company. After a couple of years, you either take a buy out or are let go. Too few employees for amount of work. Mangement is not concerned about employees. They can replace you very easily. No women in upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees. Do what you say you are going to do.

Worked for Magna International? Contribute to the Community!