MagnaCare Reviews

Joseph Berardo, Jr.

1. Analyst

Former Employee - Post Analyst in Westbury, NY
    Former Employee - Post Analyst in Westbury, NY

I worked at MagnaCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The employees are nice to people to work with

Cons

No advancement in the company

Advice to Management

The management is unjust. There's a lot of favoritism in this company

2. Too much favoritism

Pros

Dress down in the summer

Cons

All managers are not knowledgeable and at time are non-responsive

Advice to Management

Have a better training program

Not worth it unless you know someone in management.

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

Pros

There are decent benefits and dress down is great. Some ability to work from home. Good stepping stone but not a place to stay.

Cons

There is no leadership. You will be working very hard but not really sure why you are because you won't be told anything. Seems like many different companies since each department runs itself and doesn't communicate. Management is completely out of touch. Very clique-y. Not really sure why certain managers are even managers.

Advice to Management

Start fixing your leadership because it trickles down more than you know. Define who should be in charge of leading the pack and have them start leading it. It is assumed that people will go to work and do a good job but the rampant, disorganized changes have created some seriously disenfranchised and exhausted employees. Stop the email culture and start motivating your employees. Undercover Boss anyone? Break up the cliques. The company is not going to grow unless new life is brought in. Projects are all over the place. Focus. Your employees look like they are going to drop dead from exhaustion.

Data Analyst

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Garden City, NY
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Garden City, NY

I worked at MagnaCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great stepping stone for coming out of college. Good learning experience for only 1 year or 2, not a place to invest in.

Cons

Office culture is horrible, too much micromanagement. Magnacare needs to promote and pay their employees with a competitive salary. Their is alot of favoritism and not a lot of professionalism.

Advice to Management

promote employee with better pay.

Management is a joke.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at MagnaCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers, location, dress down summers.

Cons

Management, pay, unrealistic goals, oppurtunity for advancement.

Advice to Management

The problem isn't with the people working on the floor, it's with the people that are leading them. The "leaders" come and go as the please, but expect you to work past 5pm. God forbid you question anything. Most likely they will just give you the run around, because they are incompetent and do not know. If you continue to question things, they will most likey fire you. It's a shame, these people are ruining a once great company to work for. Now most people are just there for a pay check, and are actively searching for oppurtunites outside the company.

Good Learning experience

Former Employee - N/A in North Amityville, NY
    Former Employee - N/A in North Amityville, NY

I worked at MagnaCare part-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Dress down 2. Learned a lot valuable information to take elsewhere 3.Nice Building

Cons

Magnacare is an ok company however management in my department was not the greatest. Due to a high turnover rate work would always pile up, this place is a revolving door. Ok place to kill some time until something better comes along. There is not much stability or ability to advance unless you are favored greatly by someone in upper management. You have supervisors who will change time punches and cover up certain mishaps for their friends in order to protect their job security.

8. It was a good company to work for

Former Employee - RN Case Manager/WC in Westbury, NY
    Former Employee - RN Case Manager/WC in Westbury, NY

I worked at MagnaCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company had wonderful values, people were there for you when you needed assistance most of the time. Loved the casual demeanor of the work place.

Cons

Didn't care for the amounts of small group mentality that I encountered on a personal level. I also feel that the management should look at all aspects of problems rather than being one sided. They should consider removing themselves from personal problems and judging workers on their ability to do the job.

Advice to Management

They should consider being neutral when a problem arises between two individuals. Just because one employer makes up a story about another and decides to lie to management should be left up to the individuals to work out. Management needs to consider the the work value of their employees.

Overworked, Underpaid

Current Employee - Provider Recruiter in Tinton Falls, NJ
    Current Employee - Provider Recruiter in Tinton Falls, NJ

I have been working at MagnaCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learn about Healthcare, Dress down summer, casual environment, It is a great place to work if you are know upper management on a personal level

Cons

No leadership, No promotions for lower level employees (only higher up), no respect, no room for growth even if they promise you, understaffed

Advice to Management

Treat us like adults. Promote people who are competent, not those who fake-laugh at your jokes. Flex time would be nice, or maybe the ability to work from home. I have a long commute, and when it snowed this winter, I had to use my personal time because I didn't see the point in risking my life to get to work. I could have done a lot of the work I missed right from home, and it would have been a lot more productive.

10. Disappointed

I have been working at MagnaCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The commute is a good one.

Cons

Very unprofessional, especially upper management. Lack of leadership, lack of professionalism.

Advice to Management

Need more staff, so the current staff you have working don't feel so overwhelmed.....the current staff is under so much stress because there is so much work for each person to do. It's lucky we get any breaks at all in the department I work in.

Provider Recuiter at MagnaCare

Current Employee - Provider Recruiter in Westbury, NY
    Current Employee - Provider Recruiter in Westbury, NY

I have been working at MagnaCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great employee, good culture and environment

Cons

Pay is very low., unclear career path, work becomes monotonous at times.

Advice to Management

Invest more in growing employees from ground up, show them a solid route they can achieve in time at the company (how they can grow, be promoted, ect), introduce more training into healthcare (rules,regulations, history, laws, ect), invest more in helping employees understand the business (process, systems involved, clients, payment process, physician types, facilities types, contracts, ect).

RSS Feed </> Embed