Magnani Caruso Dutton

Updated Jul 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ian Magnani

Great place to begin or end your career

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsVery smart and talented people. The environment is pretty chill and hours are from 9-6, with no one working late very often. Fruits, snacks and drinks to keep you fueled.

ConsClient work remains the same. Projects lean more on maintenance than new innovations. Should look to being a full service agency and not limit itself to only front-end solutions. Partners could be more vocal with agency plans and goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's always room for improvement. Don't let complacency drive others away. Look to younger companies who need nurturing and stop reaching for the higher fruit everyone else is. Win by ushering in new companies to existing markets through clever branding.

Nice Company to freelance for

Web Developer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThey had free snacks and drinks, a nice work environment and great commuter location (right by penn station)

ConsDisorganized projects. Some days i did not not know what I was supposed to work on.

Loudest Office I've ever worked in

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- Free snacks and drinks
    - Nice people, fun to work with
    - Not micromanaged
    - Challenging work (at times)
    - Decent Location

Cons- Plain boring office has the look and feel of a sweat shop. White walls, all metal desks
    - Loud! Open floor plan with no sound breaks, walls or partitions to break up the noise.
    - Senior Management is not unified or involved in day to day operations

Advice to Senior Management- Get more involved with the employees and not just the few people in your clique
    - Get some Walls! Plants, something to break up the noise.
    - Bring some soul into the office so it feels like a creative agency and not a mid-town sweat shop.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Associate Art Director

ProsNice people. I like the very friendly environment.

ConsIt is not a team environment.

They try hard, but don't have the work to keep you from being burnt out

Front End Developer (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsKnowledge shares
    A general desire to help staff learn
    9-6 isn't that bad for nyc agencies

ConsBoring clients! Their main client is Discover, and it's unbelievably boring work.
    I worked on maybe 1 or 2 actual new projects, with the majority of the work being someone they fired. Working on other people's code is hard and frustrating. Especially once it's been through several generations.
    They seem to burn bridges pretty willingly, treating employees as if they're easily replaceable.
    They tried to hard to make up for their lack of fun projects by doing in house stuff half heartedly, and none of it ever got released.
    The design people seem really burnt out. Not a smile to be shared in that dept.
    They pay mid - low industry standard.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some fun clients, movies etc. Lose money on them, but bring your team back to life.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsLots of smart people. Exciting new projects. Great client list. Summer Friday's. Great collaboration between departments. Fun activities every month (i.e. birthday celebrations, fake pitches, movies, games)

Cons9am - 6pm hours and you don't always get M&M's in the nut bowl.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

so much promise

Project Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsSmall company, creative and fresh
    Interesting clients

Conswilling to take advantage of it's employees
    salary not competitive
    employees are expected to work well beyond scheduled work hours

Advice to Senior Managementpartners aren't a unified front. company direction is often unclear. it's difficult to watch employees work so hard and go unrewarded consistently. throw them a bone outside of a coffee from down the block.

Worst of all agencies I've been at

Project Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsSome of the people are great, and some people I learned a ton from and still try to emulate. For a small agency, they have pretty good processes.

ConsSome of the partners are awful - it takes a lot of time and finesse to be perceived well. The work is generally website maintenance, emails and banners. It's a an agency run by creatives, so that means PMs are often just running around at their beck and call rather than driving the projects.

Great people, no clear leadership or company vision.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat people, good work and decent work life balance. The team is full of dedicated people who sincerely care about doing good work for their clients.

ConsNo clear leadership or company vision. Leadership is incapable of providing praise. Micromanagement stifles any creative sparks within the project teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry being inspiring. Stop using personality as the basis for your decision making. You have talented people languishing because of your lack of leadership.

Poor communication mars otherwise ok experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosrelaxed atmosphere
    enjoyable people
    free drinks and snacks
    easy to access management
    morale boosters to encourage creative thought
    good work/life balance

Conslow pay
    poor communication regarding work performance
    will be used and discarded
    lack of direction

Advice to Senior Managementgive more performance reviews, don't let people go in a direction working on something good and then not say anything about it, work on management communication and start setting standard operating procedures so people don't get confused

Worked for Magnani Caruso Dutton? Contribute to the Community!