Magnetic Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.9
James Green

One of the best companies I have worked for

I have been working at Magnetic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Magnetic has a great leadership team and has hired really smart people who have created an amazing culture. James Green, CEO, has such an open and honest mentality when it comes to management and he has built a company that "gets it". The employees I work with are all driven towards a common goal and we all want to see each other excel and do well.

Cons

Not much to say here. Honestly. Who doesn't love have an unlimited vacation policy?

Advice to Management

As the company grows, try to maintain this amazing culture that sets us apart from all of the others.

2. I Love Magnetic

Current Employee - Management in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Management in New York, NY

I have been working at Magnetic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, great place to go to work, people are open, friendly and supportive.

Cons

Not a lot of cons - maybe just that there's a lot of competition in ad tech and it isn't clear who is going to win.

Advice to Management

The company seems to be growing very quickly: Don't ruin your culture as you grow.

Great Company, Great People

I have been working at Magnetic full-time

Pros

A company can't grow or succeed without great people, and I quickly realized that Magnetic's employees across the board are dedicated, hard working, and most importantly a joy to work with. In addition, if you have an idea, you can easily voice your opinion and be heard. New projects and initiatives are put into motion sooner rather than later, which has contributed greatly to the successful growth the company has had over the past couple years. Management is focused on improving the product offering. Unlimited PTO is awesome as long as you get your job done at a high level. Salary is competitive.

Cons

At times, transparency at a higher level could be better. However, if you are proactive and ask questions, you're given a straight forward answer. Recognizing employee promotions and department/team accomplishments and milestones could be shared and celebrated more collectively. Benefits are OK.

Advice to Management

As strategic partnerships are established and the company rapidly grows, maintain a high level of transparency with employees top to bottom.

The best place of my career so far (10+ years in sw engineering)

I have been working at Magnetic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This place is really great. What I like: - You can make a difference. Visibility and transparency from the top to bottom. - Technical level of Engineers is well above average. No deadwood. - Real money for training and conferences for every engineer - Unlimited PTO - Company ski trip in later winter and Atlantic city trip in summer - New office with standing/adjusting desks, if you want one.

Cons

not much to say here.

Awesome company, great talented people, excellent place to develop your career

I have been working at Magnetic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free snacks, beverages, no-policy time offs. Fast paced growing company that you can make a difference at. A lot of bright people bringing ideas together that you can learn from. Balanced work/life. No micro-management. You are allowed to work at your own pace as long as tasks gets completed. Interesting and challenging problems that needs solving.

Cons

More streamlined training period. It is the nature of this business (adtech) that requires one to have a lot of context in order to work on different projects. As someone who has never worked in the advertising industry, it took quite a long time for me to be knowledgeable enough to become productive.

Advice to Management

More social events especially for the different teams (engineering, marketing, etc.) to get to know other people more.

Fantastic place to work!

I have been working at Magnetic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone is personally invested in the success of the company and it shows. Work hard, play harder atmosphere with a real team mentality. Company has grown tons over the last 2 years but they've maintained our startup culture. Management cares about each employee's growth and success. Plenty of career advancement opportunities.

Cons

Nothing to say here really. I've very much enjoyed my experience here and hope things continue like they are!

Great company, excellent place to work and grow in your career.

I have been working at Magnetic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-- The CEO is very experienced, a great leader and has an evolving vision for the company that I feel good about. The upper management group overall is talented and working to see that vision through. -- Lots of smart people who can motivate you to challenge yourself and become better at what you do. -- Laid back but effective culture that produces solid results month after month and makes the office a fun place to work. -- Competitive salary, unlimited paid time-off. Free snacks, a couple of team trips each year. Work late when you need to, but that isn't the norm so there's a good work/life balance. -- The company is growing quickly so there are lots of opportunities to chart your own course and take on projects you're interested in. -- Magnetic has been able to consistently identify problems/shortcomings and overcome them.

Cons

-- Magnetic's challenges are generally the industry's challenges, so you'll encounter many of the same obstacles that you would in any ad tech company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

9. Awesome so far!

Current Employee - Director In Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director In Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Magnetic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been at Magnetic for three months and have nothing but positive things to say. People: starting from the top the CEO is smart, articulate, motivating, and inclusive. I like the way he thinks. CRO has a great balance of work hard play hard mentality. He is constantly thinking about the business, how to improve what we're doing, but all with a great sense of humor. Team: everyone is focused on the tasks at hand, wants to succeed, but again have a great time doing it. Product: great differentiator from others with "Search Retargeting" focus. Real data partnerships, real Fortune 500 clients, and most importantly seeing results and spending more quarter over quarter. Perks- fully stocked kitchen, happy hours galore for every new employee, Atlantic City, ski trips, and unlimited vacation.

Cons

Nothing I can think of. Really.

Advice to Management

Continue to innovate, think about how to differentiate in the space, and grow the company. I say "continue" because it's already being done.

10. Super Company. Collaborative Culture. Focused on All the Right Things For Continued Success

I have been working at Magnetic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Appropriately balanced focused on maintaining a start-up culture/feel while investing in process and infrastructure for continued scale. Supremely focused CEO who instills a culture of collaboration. Office in a great part of NYC. General willingness to invest in all areas of the business. Cold brew coffee. Appropriate work/life balance. Mutual respect across all functional areas of the business an important characteristic of the management team, which trickles down.

Cons

Company is achieving scale such that some more structured training/orientations would be beneficial in order to continue to facilitate cross-functional collaboration (more a growing pain, than a con).

11. Relaxed culture, bright hardworking people, up to date with trends and technologies

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Magnetic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free snacks and beer, new office, relaxed atmosphere, people are very motivated, competitive salary, flexible hours and work-from-home policy, interesting product with a good strategy, expanding rapidly, lots of opportunities to make an impact. Senior management vision.

Cons

Some typical growth problems, like leads becoming bottleneck in the process. On other hand it's a real chance to prove yourself. No 401k matching. Stock option is a joke.

Advice to Management

Kick-scooter for everybody, not just for CEO.

RSS Feed </> Embed