Magnetic

James Green

I Love Magnetic

Current Employee - Management in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Management in New York, NY

I have been working at Magnetic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, great place to go to work, people are open, friendly and supportive.

Cons

Not a lot of cons - maybe just that there's a lot of competition in ad tech and it isn't clear who is going to win.

The company seems to be growing very quickly: Don't ruin your culture as you grow.

Great Company, Great People

I have been working at Magnetic full-time

Pros

A company can't grow or succeed without great people, and I quickly realized that Magnetic's employees across the board are dedicated, hard working, and most importantly a joy to work with. In addition, if you have an idea, you can easily voice your opinion and be heard. New projects and initiatives are put into motion sooner rather than later, which has contributed greatly to the successful growth the company has had over the past couple years. Management is focused on improving the product offering. Unlimited PTO is awesome as long as you get your job done at a high level. Salary is competitive.

Cons

At times, transparency at a higher level could be better. However, if you are proactive and ask questions, you're given a straight forward answer. Recognizing employee promotions and department/team accomplishments and milestones could be shared and celebrated more collectively. Benefits are OK.

As strategic partnerships are established and the company rapidly grows, maintain a high level of transparency with employees top to bottom.

The best place of my career so far (10+ years in sw engineering)

I have been working at Magnetic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This place is really great. What I like:
    - You can make a difference. Visibility and transparency from the top to bottom.
    - Technical level of Engineers is well above average. No deadwood.
    - Real money for training and conferences for every engineer
    - Unlimited PTO
    - Company ski trip in later winter and Atlantic city trip in summer
    - New office with standing/adjusting desks, if you want one.

Cons

not much to say here.

Fantastic place to work!

I have been working at Magnetic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Everyone is personally invested in the success of the company and it shows. Work hard, play harder atmosphere with a real team mentality. Company has grown tons over the last 2 years but they've maintained our startup culture. Management cares about each employee's growth and success. Plenty of career advancement opportunities.

Cons

Nothing to say here really. I've very much enjoyed my experience here and hope things continue like they are!

Awesome company, great talented people, excellent place to develop your career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Magnetic full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Free snacks, beverages, no-policy time offs.

Fast paced growing company that you can make a difference at. A lot of bright people bringing ideas together that you can learn from. Balanced work/life. No micro-management. You are allowed to work at your own pace as long as tasks gets completed. Interesting and challenging problems that needs solving.

Cons

More streamlined training period. It is the nature of this business (adtech) that requires one to have a lot of context in order to work on different projects. As someone who has never worked in the advertising industry, it took quite a long time for me to be knowledgeable enough to become productive.

More social events especially for the different teams (engineering, marketing, etc.) to get to know other people more.

Waking up for work never felt so good.

Current Employee - Campaign Manager
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager

I have been working at Magnetic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some of the smartest and most fun people I've ever worked with. There are lots of soft benefits, including taking time-off without penalty, stocked snack shelves, casual dress code, and a wide-open floor plan where no one is stuck inside a cubicle or office. It helps keep conversation and ideas flowing. There is a lot of disciplined freedom with your work. No one is micro-managing over your shoulder, and you are free to experiment with tactics and strategies that may or may not help a campaign. Trial and error is embraced. Everyone works well together and is pretty tight-knit.

Cons

Not really a con, more nature of the industry: Monitoring campaign delivery and performance on the weekends is sometimes a necessity. More so when the start or end of the month is on a weekend, but even then it's only eating up a few minutes of your weekend time (under 30 minutes/day).

Everyone contributes to the success of the company

I have been working at Magnetic (more than a year)

Pros

The company is constantly innovating and expanding rapidly. Many opportunities to learn more about the industry and grow your career. Great atmosphere and fun start up culture. Flexible schedule and unlimited PTO. Lot's of happy hours, summer and winter getaways.

Cons

Nothing worth noting for me

Great place to work

I have been working at Magnetic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It is a very open environment, physically and philosophically. The people here are great, I can't say enough about that. There's no place I've been at where I've respected everyone I work with and genuinely enjoy working with them.

Cons

The company has grown a lot, maintaining the culture is a focus, but could become a challenge.

boarding new employees is a work in progress.

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Magnetic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's the best company that i've worked for so far with strong camaraderie, start up feel, and ability to move up quite quickly. Laid back environment with a family atmosphere.

Cons

It's a little past the start up stage so there's random duties that I sometimes pick up (office orders, new employee intros, putting away office deliveries). Other than that the complaints about the company/management are minimal. Sometimes marketing/sales materials are not provided on a timely basis when needed but rather more reactionary to client needs.

Leader in search retargeting and continues to grow

I have been working at Magnetic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Mid size company that constantly invests in proprietary technology, strong revenue growth and global expansion, passionate employees, great opportunity for professional growth

Cons

None. Pays well, work is rewarding, fun team