Magnetic

Updated November 3, 2014
Updated November 3, 2014
4.9

James Green

The best place of my career so far (10+ years in sw engineering)

I have been working at Magnetic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This place is really great. What I like:
    - You can make a difference. Visibility and transparency from the top to bottom.
    - Technical level of Engineers is well above average. No deadwood.
    - Real money for training and conferences for every engineer
    - Unlimited PTO
    - Company ski trip in later winter and Atlantic city trip in summer
    - New office with standing/adjusting desks, if you want one.

Cons

not much to say here.

Fantastic place to work!

I have been working at Magnetic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyone is personally invested in the success of the company and it shows. Work hard, play harder atmosphere with a real team mentality. Company has grown tons over the last 2 years but they've maintained our startup culture. Management cares about each employee's growth and success. Plenty of career advancement opportunities.

Cons

Nothing to say here really. I've very much enjoyed my experience here and hope things continue like they are!

Awesome company, great talented people, excellent place to develop your career

I have been working at Magnetic full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free snacks, beverages, no-policy time offs.

Fast paced growing company that you can make a difference at. A lot of bright people bringing ideas together that you can learn from. Balanced work/life. No micro-management. You are allowed to work at your own pace as long as tasks gets completed. Interesting and challenging problems that needs solving.

Cons

More streamlined training period. It is the nature of this business (adtech) that requires one to have a lot of context in order to work on different projects. As someone who has never worked in the advertising industry, it took quite a long time for me to be knowledgeable enough to become productive.

More social events especially for the different teams (engineering, marketing, etc.) to get to know other people more.

Awesome so far!

Current Employee - Director In Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director In Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Magnetic full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've been at Magnetic for three months and have nothing but positive things to say.
    People: starting from the top the CEO is smart, articulate, motivating, and inclusive. I like the way he thinks.
    CRO has a great balance of work hard play hard mentality. He is constantly thinking about the business, how to improve what we're doing, but all with a great sense of humor.
    Team: everyone is focused on the tasks at hand, wants to succeed, but again have a great time doing it.
    Product: great differentiator from others with "Search Retargeting" focus. Real data partnerships, real Fortune 500 clients, and most importantly seeing results and spending more quarter over quarter.
    Perks- fully stocked kitchen, happy hours galore for every new employee, Atlantic City, ski trips, and unlimited vacation.

Cons

Nothing I can think of. Really.

Continue to innovate, think about how to differentiate in the space, and grow the company. I say "continue" because it's already being done.

Super Company. Collaborative Culture. Focused on All the Right Things For Continued Success

I have been working at Magnetic full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Appropriately balanced focused on maintaining a start-up culture/feel while investing in process and infrastructure for continued scale. Supremely focused CEO who instills a culture of collaboration. Office in a great part of NYC. General willingness to invest in all areas of the business. Cold brew coffee. Appropriate work/life balance. Mutual respect across all functional areas of the business an important characteristic of the management team, which trickles down.

Cons

Company is achieving scale such that some more structured training/orientations would be beneficial in order to continue to facilitate cross-functional collaboration (more a growing pain, than a con).

Great place to work

I have been working at Magnetic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is a very open environment, physically and philosophically. The people here are great, I can't say enough about that. There's no place I've been at where I've respected everyone I work with and genuinely enjoy working with them.

Cons

The company has grown a lot, maintaining the culture is a focus, but could become a challenge.

boarding new employees is a work in progress.

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Magnetic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's the best company that i've worked for so far with strong camaraderie, start up feel, and ability to move up quite quickly. Laid back environment with a family atmosphere.

Cons

It's a little past the start up stage so there's random duties that I sometimes pick up (office orders, new employee intros, putting away office deliveries). Other than that the complaints about the company/management are minimal. Sometimes marketing/sales materials are not provided on a timely basis when needed but rather more reactionary to client needs.

Leader in search retargeting and continues to grow

I have been working at Magnetic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Mid size company that constantly invests in proprietary technology, strong revenue growth and global expansion, passionate employees, great opportunity for professional growth

Cons

None. Pays well, work is rewarding, fun team

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Magnetic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Magnetic is a great company to work for. The environment is fast paced, young, and energetic. Teams work independently as well as together in order to foster an efficient work environment. Magnetic is constantly growing and expanding, which in turn allows for employees to constantly learn and have an opportunity for growth internally. This company offers amazing benefits as well as allows for a well balanced work/home life. Recognition is given where deserved.

Cons

Zero cons to list here

Fast growing company where you can learn and grow

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Magnetic as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Its big enough to experience many different aspects of online advertising but small enough to help out in different projects. People are awesome and you can have great work-life balance.

Cons

Lots of new hires yet it doesn't have sufficient training program or guideline.