Magnolia Hotels

www.magnoliahotels.com

Magnolia Hotels Reviews

Updated May 12, 2014
Magnolia Hotels – US – “HOUSTON”

Not yet rated.

Steve Holtze

Front Desk Associate

Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) Bryan, TX

ProsGood work environment, discounted stay at all Magnolia Hotels, fosters teamwork to create the best possible experience for guests, competitive pay.

ConsWorking in a smaller hotel can lead to a lot of employee gossip, and guests can be incredibly difficult-but this is a customer service position, corporate management can sometimes create a disconnect between the corporate and the actual hotel.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time talking to and getting feedback from the most basic employees.

Good money as valet but not worth the headaches

Valet (Former Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsAs valet, tips are good. Pay equals around $13/hour. Coworkers are team oriented. Beautiful building.

ConsWorst management team ever assembled. From incompetent decisions on a daily basis to mismanagement of money, this place will make you want to pull your hair out. They can afford to send the managers to Denver for a pizza party and have them back in the same day, but they can't afford to give sufficient hours for full time employees. Almost every decision they make makes absolutely no sense.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your act together and do your job. Employees in customer service are at their best when they are HAPPY.

valet

Valet (Former Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsMeet new people was nice

ConsAwful management in Omaha. They never say good job or anything. its like we dont exist

Advice to Senior Managementmean spirited.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice boutique property with a poor management team

Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsNice property in most downtown areas that clients enjoy. Rates are reasonable and the line staff are very knowledgeable and good at their jobs.

ConsCommunication is lacking and a lot of the management team is more concerned for their own positions and like to use "scare tactics" to threaten employees positions rather than create a positive environment for their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be very beneficial for management staff to realize that they hire their staff for a reason and to not take constructive criticism as negativity. It would make for a MUCH more productive working environment and you might get a little more respect from your employees.

Worked for Magnolia Hotels? Contribute to the Community!