Magnuson Hotels

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Thomas R. Magnuson

Its a job in a 10%+ Real Unemployment. Above Average Pay without benefits. Management is very nice and hands off.

Front Desk Auditor (Current Employee)
    Virginia Beach, VA

ProsPays on time. No Stress from management. Flexibility to get days off without pay. Nice co-workers.

ConsNo pay increases, no vacation or sick pay and no advancement opportunity. No benefits which is difficult especially if you need medical insurance.

Large business mentality within a small business framework

Market Specialist (Current Employee)
    Spokane, WA

ProsThe overall simplicity of the product offering.

ConsSenior management is over educated and under experienced.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake an interest in the repercussions of the management decisions that are made.

Great manager, wonderful to work with on all levels

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Riverside, CA

ProsGreat flexiblity with schedule, worked well while I was finishing my degree

ConsSometimes worked more than full time

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend time training employees

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work in Fear

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Spokane, WA

ProsThe low-mid level associates are the best. They will be the reason you stay for as long as you do. They will be the ones to keep you from jumping off a cliff and the reason you get up and go to work in the morning.
    The location is also convenient. Near downtown, Gonzaga district - the historic building they renovated is very nice but filled with pretentious pieces of art, $900 glass blown "aloe vera" plant sculptures and ridiculously expensive desks (only in the CEOs offices).

ConsSenior 'Leadership' Team (if you can call what they do leading). The CEOs are worthless. They care more about social climbing than the people they step on, and break on their way to the 'top'.
    Serious lack of respect for the job people do.
    Benefits and Pay are WELL below average.

Advice to Senior ManagementLead by example. Actually work and be in the office doing productive business instead of hiding in seclusion. Give people authority to get their job done, and quite micro-managing everyone. Pay people what they should receive, and give the associates respect they deserve.

Magnuson Hotels - Less than meets the eye

Outbound Sales (Former Employee)
    Spokane, WA

ProsThe building they own is really nice. They've spared no expense when it comes to aesthetic renovations. Appearances are a very high priority.

ConsPay for Sales Positions with Magnuson Hotels is grossly misleading. The position I took was advertised at $75-$100k annually. I struggled to make more than $1,600 a month while exceeding sales goals. Benefits are laughable. Coverage for my wife and I would have been nearly $900 monthly. There were standing jokes among general staff and middle management about the high rate of firings. The work environment is terribly political and disingenuous. From the top down, people are told exactly what they want to hear. Quality standards for Magnuson affiliate properties are substandard as well. Though this company has great potential, if you're considering a career here, I would advise you to take your time.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out how to deliver on your income promises. Invest more in providing your sales team with what they need; working equipment, advanced training, accurate lead information, etc.

Worked for Magnuson Hotels? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Magnuson Hotels reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Magnuson Hotels CEO Thomas R. Magnuson . All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Magnuson Hotels employees.