Magnuson Hotels

www.magnusonhotels.com

Magnuson Hotels Reviews

2.6

Thomas R. Magnuson

Its a job in a 10%+ Real Unemployment. Above Average Pay without benefits. Management is very nice and hands off.

Current Employee - Front Desk Auditor in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Front Desk Auditor in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Magnuson Hotels full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pays on time. No Stress from management. Flexibility to get days off without pay. Nice co-workers.

Cons

No pay increases, no vacation or sick pay and no advancement opportunity. No benefits which is difficult especially if you need medical insurance.

Large business mentality within a small business framework

Current Employee - Market Specialist in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Market Specialist in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Magnuson Hotels

Pros

The overall simplicity of the product offering.

Cons

Senior management is over educated and under experienced.

Take an interest in the repercussions of the management decisions that are made.

Great manager, wonderful to work with on all levels

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

I worked at Magnuson Hotels

Pros

Great flexiblity with schedule, worked well while I was finishing my degree

Cons

Sometimes worked more than full time

Spend time training employees

Work in Fear

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I worked at Magnuson Hotels

Pros

The low-mid level associates are the best. They will be the reason you stay for as long as you do. They will be the ones to keep you from jumping off a cliff and the reason you get up and go to work in the morning.
    The location is also convenient. Near downtown, Gonzaga district - the historic building they renovated is very nice but filled with pretentious pieces of art, $900 glass blown "aloe vera" plant sculptures and ridiculously expensive desks (only in the CEOs offices).

Cons

Senior 'Leadership' Team (if you can call what they do leading). The CEOs are worthless. They care more about social climbing than the people they step on, and break on their way to the 'top'.
    Serious lack of respect for the job people do.
    Benefits and Pay are WELL below average.

Lead by example. Actually work and be in the office doing productive business instead of hiding in seclusion. Give people authority to get their job done, and quite micro-managing everyone. Pay people what they should receive, and give the associates respect they deserve.

Magnuson Hotels - Less than meets the eye

Former Employee - Outbound Sales in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Outbound Sales in Spokane, WA

I worked at Magnuson Hotels

Pros

The building they own is really nice. They've spared no expense when it comes to aesthetic renovations. Appearances are a very high priority.

Cons

Pay for Sales Positions with Magnuson Hotels is grossly misleading. The position I took was advertised at $75-$100k annually. I struggled to make more than $1,600 a month while exceeding sales goals. Benefits are laughable. Coverage for my wife and I would have been nearly $900 monthly. There were standing jokes among general staff and middle management about the high rate of firings. The work environment is terribly political and disingenuous. From the top down, people are told exactly what they want to hear. Quality standards for Magnuson affiliate properties are substandard as well. Though this company has great potential, if you're considering a career here, I would advise you to take your time.

Figure out how to deliver on your income promises. Invest more in providing your sales team with what they need; working equipment, advanced training, accurate lead information, etc.