Maharishi University of Management

Good Meditation Practice

Current Employee - Teaching Assistant in Fairfield, IA
    Current Employee - Teaching Assistant in Fairfield, IA

I have been working at Maharishi University of Management

Pros

I should practice Meditation twice a day. I hesitate for few days but after a while I get used to it, and actually it helped.
    I was stress free, calm.

Cons

Location is kind of not lively.

Compro Program

I have been working at Maharishi University of Management

Pros

popular program for computer professionals

Cons

some main courses are taught on Java only

Beware before you join

Former Employee - Faculty in Fairfield, IA
    Former Employee - Faculty in Fairfield, IA

I worked at Maharishi University of Management full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Here everybody is NICE with plenty of time to sit in the Domes to meditate.

Cons

Unless you are a Governor i.e. take courses costing thousands of dollars to become a TM teacher, do not even think of advancing in your professional career or earning a decent living. I never got my 403(b) though promised which unfortunately I came to know after I left the organization after almost 6 yrs of being a faculty. There is no policy in place for retirement, advancement in career. Departmental promotions seems to be arbitrary or dependent on who knows who. I have had the misfortune of my researches being stolen and published by another faculty who was incidentally rewarded though it was brought to the notice of the top management and the department.Almost 50% of the revenue is sent to India to support " Pandit" groups.The Board members are permanent - selected either by paying a ransom or by dint of sheer luck of being chosen by Maharishi himself before he passed away.The faculty are expected to donate large sums of money (even though they are paid a pittance and hardly any benefits) to uphold the values of TM and support the Maharishi movement which apparently is controlled by Maharishi's nephews. Very large sums of money are siphoned off to India on a regular basis for various projects which never see the light of day. the Faculty and students are kept under strict vigilance and anyone who raises a voice of dissent is quietly manipulated out of the university or program. The university pays thousands of dollars to counter negative comments about the top management which they could easily use to better the life of the faculty which they promise but never follow through.

Its time that the Faculty got ACTUAL MONEY and BENEFITS that they deserve as per US Law. Follow through with your promises with honesty and integrity.

I learned so much form this school. It is a place to grow and prepare yourself for the world.

I worked at Maharishi University of Management as an intern

Pros

You get to learn much about yourself and the tools available to you. Very supportive of students and great staff.

Cons

The communication between departments is not the best. They lack thorough communication.

better the communication between departments and administration.

It was wonderful. Really nice people around.

I worked at Maharishi University of Management

Pros

Everything is so energetic and people are so cooperative and helpful

Cons

not really , I think there might be some but I liked it

not really , just be like that

International Admissions Representative

Current Employee - International Admission Representative in Fairfield, IA
    Current Employee - International Admission Representative in Fairfield, IA

I have been working at Maharishi University of Management full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great people, some of the most caring and flexible people to work for.

Cons

Terrible pay, poor management.
    Some departments are more worried about you meditating than your work performance.
    It is a Not for Profit worried more about how much money they are bringing in rather than the services that they are providing.

Start treating competent staff and faculty with a little respect.