MaidPro

Richard Sparacio

Best job I've ever had!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at MaidPro full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I love working at MaidPro. I'm always getting tons of positive feedback, I love my coworkers, and I feel valued and appreciated every day. My supervisor is fantastic and caring, and I love coming to work each morning.

Cons

It can be a little bit crowded in the office and noisy at times.

Keep doing what you're doing!

housecleaner

Former Employee - House Cleaner in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - House Cleaner in Carrollton, TX

I worked at MaidPro

Pros

great hours and great people to work with

Cons

no medical or dental benefits

get benefits to help keep associates healthy

Great Company!

Former Employee - Management Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Management Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at MaidPro

Pros

Worked as an intern in the office. Great atmosphere, calm but not boring. You will hear some great stories and find great interest in helping the clients and maids. Hours are not strenuous

Cons

Salary is somewhat low unless you can franchise one on your own.

Franchisees beware - CEO and President are not men of their word

Former Employee - Chief Financial Officer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Chief Financial Officer in Boston, MA

I worked at MaidPro full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of free time and space to develop your area of operations.

Cons

untrustworthy ceo and president, who habitually overpromise and underdeliver

after having a difference of opinion i separated without being afforded severance nor did i. get unemployment

lastly they stole the final month of my insurance i paid for, shortening the coverage period leaving me with additional medical bills

none

Sucks

Former Employee - House Cleaner in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - House Cleaner in Baltimore, MD

I worked at MaidPro full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You work by yourself, tips!

Cons

They are always lying to customers, they short your paycheck, no direct deposit, some employees steal i witnessed it.

Treat your employees better.

Amazing Company! Team is tighter than most families.

I have been working at MaidPro full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is so focused on making their staff happy. Not only do they do great work, they take their staff on adventure trips. Search "MaidPro Adventure Trip" on Youtube. Can't say enough good things about the people at MaidPro.

Cons

If you're not smart enough or if you're lazy, you might not cut it here. Not much ability to hide if you're not doing your job.

Keep up your focus on the staff. Only bring on new management that is aligned with your philosophy on employee engagement.

Not so bad

Former Employee - House Cleaner in Flower Mound, TX
    Former Employee - House Cleaner in Flower Mound, TX

I worked at MaidPro full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Management was really nice and tried to take care of employees. They provide all cleaning supplies. There are a few company vehicles, but you can get reimbursement for driving your own vehicle. Sometimes you get tips.

Cons

Sometimes you will clean with a coworker who doesn't take the job seriously.

Hire more quality people.

Horrible place to work

Former Employee - Home Office Staff in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Home Office Staff in Boston, MA

I worked at MaidPro full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Easy to get a job but hard to take the constant abuse.

Cons

The CEO has a ridiculous ego complex. The President is blind to the CEO ripping him off. These guys are getting rich off of the backs of women that just need a job. They always want you to be available to work but will never schedule you for a 40 hour week. No benefits.

Inflexible, dishonest, & unreliable

Current Employee - House Cleaner in Maple Grove, MN
    Current Employee - House Cleaner in Maple Grove, MN

I have been working at MaidPro full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great if you can be self-directed and take charge on your own. Also a good experience in dealing with clients (sometimes) in a F2F and very private setting. Excellent on a fitness level! You will become very detail-oriented and thorough and also develop some hustle if you don't have those down already. Teaches you a lot about time management and communication between coworkers and clients.

Cons

DO NOT take on a job with mp if you are a college student, have other obligations such as work or family health needs. Also don't waste your time if you need to make it to regular medical appointments. They are NOT flexible. When you say you have to be done and out the door of a job by 11...they will schedule you so you won't be gone until 30-60+ minutes after you need to already be somewhere. Absolutely absurd. They say they are willing to work with college students and that school comes first. They also say as long as there is a 2 week notification of appointments there is no problem. Even when you give them plenty of a heads up and stay on top of communication, they NEVER even try to accommodate your outside obligations. Basically if you have a life and you don't plan on devoting all of your week day time to cleaning nasty houses, don't take this job on. If you don't have much that will cut into the 8-4 (or 5...or 6 pm) schedule then go ahead and do it. FYI, eventually you will get burnt out, kill your body (even if you're young), potentially develop breathing/asthma issues from all the chemicals, and also totally mess up your skin on your hands and fingers, even if you wear gloves. Honestly, for the pay and ridiculous amount of travel time it's SO not worth it. Also, if it's construction season, plan on getting no help from them in finding alternate routes. When this happens, you will end up wasting TONS of gas money and you will not be reimbursed for it.

Don't gossip about your employees after they let you in on personal information when they ask about details as to why you need a partial or full day off. Don't say you're going to call someone back in <30 min. with a confirmation to go to a job or just head home (don't make the employee call back 4x until they get a response...after 3+ hours that no there is no job you could have gone home already). Take the interview process more seriously because the turnover rate is far too high and impacts the rest of the staff (AKA regular overtime that is required and goes far past the 8-4 quoted schedule). Keep a closer eye on staff because the vast majority of them leave jobs way, way too early and leave reliable staff to do most of the work. Also, don't "settle" for a cleaner who has below an 8/10 average score. It makes the rest of us look bad and upsets the clients--for good reason. Basically just be more available and helpful and learn how to communicate better. Don't set employee expectations and then not even carry those standards out yourselves. What a contradiction!

I liked that job very much

Former Employee - House Cleaner in Topeka, KS
    Former Employee - House Cleaner in Topeka, KS

I worked at MaidPro (less than a year)

Pros

The job is very fun for the reason of you get to meet very nice people that were clients that had cleaning done on a weekly basis

Cons

when i was working there it was poor management

consider giving employers a second chance