MaidPro Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
Mark Kushinsky

1. Best Company I've ever worked for...

Current Employee - Maid & Marketing Coordinator in Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Maid & Marketing Coordinator in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at MaidPro part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment is positive and upbeat, get to work without someone watching over you, once you're done cleaning for the day...you can go straight home.

Cons

High turnover rate leaving you sometimes shorthanded.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward!

2. Best place to work ever!

I have been working at MaidPro full-time

Pros

Fun environment, great culture, nice people. Perfect job for hard workers and people-pleasers.

Cons

Not a lot of down time.

Advice to Management

Don't change anything!

3. Maid Position

Former Employee - Maid in Woodbury, MN
    Former Employee - Maid in Woodbury, MN

Pros

Driving around and seeing people's houses is pretty cool. Only working Mon-Fri is pretty awesome too. Hours are about 730am to whenever your jobs are done. The latest you'd have to work is 6pm (from what another worker told me).

Cons

Low pay (hourly and mileage-wise) All physical labor Management doesn't communicate the hiring process very well

Advice to Management

See above

no no no

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buckhead, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buckhead, GA

Pros

Finish early weekends off no micro management

Cons

Often rushed expected to much with little pay never had supplies you needed to clean cleaning product diluted wayy to much no company cars and compensated very little for gas no charts to haul supplies

Advice to Management

Care more about your clients instead of making a buck. Could have gotten repeat clients if you wasnt trying to rob them for extra hours of paid cleaning pay more

6. Service Professional

Current Employee - Service Professional in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Service Professional in Aurora, CO

I have been working at MaidPro full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working at MaidPro because I feel our office staff is really there for their cleaners. It's awesome being able to call them about anything (ex. getting lost, scary dogs, ideas to clean uncommon grime, or just to be talked through the anxiety of a particularly difficult clean). They are great with my scheduling and will usually text me the day before I have and 8 or 9 sharp clean so I can plan ahead, most of my houses progress in the direction of my home which is amazing for my drive time as I live pretty far from my dispatch office, and when I was moving my manager scheduled me shorter days (without me even asking) knowing they were particularly stressful days. I'm a workaholic and love long days, but I love how my boss knows my preferences and limits and never schedules me more then I can handle unless there's an emergency or I'm covering a house. They also generally try to set you up with regular customers, which is great for understanding exactly what their needs are and how to make them totally happy with the work you do. I absolutely love my customers and they all are comfortable enough with me to communicate their preferences and appreciation for the service I provide them. Every once in a while I get great tips from my happy customers. I come from a customer service background and it's nice to half way take a step back from soley handling customers. I can go, talk with customers, do my job, and go home. They do the estimates, scheduling, and take feedback and deliver it to me as the cleaner. I also love, love, love how our franchise shows appreciation to their employees; if you work hard, you will be rewarded. I've gotten 2 raises over a period of four months, we also have two meetings a month where we earn gift cards for fluffing (folding things pretty) and for things like no customer complaints, good attendance, and good quality assurance checks. The company itself is a great one to work for; I am one of those people who has to research a company before I will work for them. MaidPro had great employee and customer reviews. They are also very stable in the industry, considered a forerunner on how smaller companies should model themselves. They don't make their employees contractors and I don't have to worry when filing my taxes for the year.

Cons

There are only a couple things I think could be better. With 5 office people, a bunch of service providers, and lots of customers miscommunications happen more often than they should, and most of the time it's "blamed" on the service professionals or "unruly" or "picky" customers. In my opinion, our service isn't cheap and our customers have the right to have things the way they want them. Often I feel I have to "cut back" for time and not give 100% on jobs because previous professionals have lowered their customer's expectations. On occasion I am responsible for fixing other people's mistakes and standards aren't held up across the board.

Advice to Management

Make sure everyone is on the same page on communication. Do quality assurance checks more and make sure everyone is doing their part.

Housekeeper

Former Employee - Housekeeper in Waterloo, IA
    Former Employee - Housekeeper in Waterloo, IA

I worked at MaidPro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Met a few good friends.

Cons

People who did a crappy job got the most recognition, no communication whatsoever. Better record all conversations cause they will twist what they say as well as yours. Expected more than possible in a short amount of time. Sometimes you have oodles of hours most times NO HOURS.

Advice to Management

Be fair and honest. Improve communication. Give raises to the ones who deserve it and do their absolute best not the ones who do a bad job.

8. Decent Job to hold you over

Current Employee - Part Time Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Part Time Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at MaidPro (Less than a year)

Pros

fun environment, 2 hour paid breaks, great communication with higher level employees who can assist you. This is in regards to the call center, which Richard our CEO and Co-Founder doesn't oversee. He is an amazing man who is so kind and helpful. This is in regards to the calling center department which provides the quotas and is the sales team.

Cons

Start off temp til you reach 25% for a minimum of 3 months for recurring customers (they don't mind about one time customers-which is what 75% call in asking for) --It costs much more than in independent cleaner would, high turnover rate, very monatonous day always. Room for advancement seems slim.

Advice to Management

Stop firing people. Put people on Full time with benefits even if slightly below the 25% recurring quota, they need a 401k, benefits, etc. Otherwise they'll jump ship like the other half of people that stop showing up and get fired. I'm quitting soon to be a pharm tech but they just fire people way to fast while people are also quitting at the same time so it makes for a large workload.

9. operations manager

Current Employee - Service Pro in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Service Pro in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at MaidPro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome hours amazing co-workers great pay

Cons

Some difficult situations come up but always have resources to vent or get advice from

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing

Stay Away

I have been working at MaidPro full-time

Pros

Working alone, good feedback from clients.

Cons

Long hours, liars, don't like to pay and messes with paychecks, lie again.

Advice to Management

Needs to put new professionals in office and care more towards employers.

11. Service Provider (PRO)

Current Employee - Service Provider (PRO) in Denton, TX
    Current Employee - Service Provider (PRO) in Denton, TX

I have been working at MaidPro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible Hours - the manager always works with me when I need time off. Tips from clients. I have a set schedule of repeat clients, so the cleans are easy because I keep up with them. After a few short months of working here, I got promoted to trainer. All you have to do, is be committed to your work, do a good job at each and every house and you will get tons of tips, raises, and promotions within the company!

Cons

Driving your own vehicle - they do reimburse for gas though. Not a set amount of hours, but once you get your repeat houses you can pretty much predict what houses you will have on which days.

Advice to Management

Keep treating the employees the way you are! We all feel appreciated for our work!

RSS Feed </> Embed