Mail.com Media Corporation Reviews

1 Rating

1. Turnover is high for a reason

Current Employee - Web Designer in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Web Designer in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Mail.com Media Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits were decent, and it was nice to have flexible hours when I needed it. When there were no projects going on we were pretty much on our own, doing whatever we felt like.

Cons

The management staff seems to glory in other people's mistakes. If something goes wrong, they'll relentlessly seek out someone to blame and demand a dollar from them. That person has to sign the dollar, and the manager proudly tapes it to his office window for display like some kind of trophy. It's the most demoralizing thing I've ever seen in a workplace. There's no team building, and such behavior causes a polarizing "us vs. them" mentality between management and staff. This hostile work environment made me happy when I got laid off due to outsourcing.

Advice to Management

Stop the blame game. Stop humiliating your employees. No one wants to work in that kind of environment.

Worked many weekends and evenings

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Mail.com Media Corporation

Pros

Awesome co-workers who were great people.

Cons

Horrible management, fingerprint time tracking for going in and out of work? Formal Dress Code?!

Advice to Management

Their is a reason why everyone leaves except management.

3. Company is still forming its identity

I have been working at Mail.com Media Corporation

Pros

Lots of opportunity for cross-department interaction Company is still forming its identity Management open to new ideas Medical, Dental, Life, etc Normal to flexible working hours Casual to Business Casual attire Sales dept. is in a growing phase

Cons

Company has yet to find its identity, tries a new one every few years Management tends to withhold information from rest of staff While management will hear out new ideas, it will not reward for them Little to no performance reviews or assessments Constant campaign and project fire-drills Wasted resources, talent, and time Drawn-out hiring process No real job security as long as that position can be outsourced Tendency to see employees as only a temporary resource

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees and company culture, encourage training and professional development, foster environment of openness, equality, and team building. Think about what your values are, formalize them, and then build upon them.

RSS Feed </> Embed