Maimonides Medical Center

Maimonides Medical Center President and CEO Pam Brier
Pam Brier

1. Psychiatry

I worked at Maimonides Medical Center part-time

Pros

Team-emvironment. Good quality patient care.

Cons

Buildings in bad condition - outdated and dirty. Poor communication among management.

2. Maimonides Medical Center

Current Employee - Office Manager/SECY III in Staten Island, NY
    Current Employee - Office Manager/SECY III in Staten Island, NY

I have been working at Maimonides Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Maimonides Medical Center is a quality place to work. I've had many positive experiences and have enjoyed the opportunity to serve the community.

Cons

There are limited opportunities for a union employee to advance past a certain level. Perhaps the institution should consider the career path of the union employee.

3. Good place to work

Former Employee - Paramedic in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Paramedic in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Maimonides Medical Center (More than 8 years)

Pros

Lenient work schedule, as long as one gets the shift covered and maintain 40 hours you can take off. I do not know about now, however, when I was employed it was like a big family.

Cons

Bias at times towards those who are not part of the community.

5. mmc is ok

I have been working at Maimonides Medical Center full-time

Pros

very nice staff. Many employees enjoy the work. There are departments where employees support each other via co-training or encouragement.

Cons

management sucks, there is a considerable amount of waste. Some managers earned their position as a result of being with the organization for 15+ years. Many of the so called managers have no formal training or educational background, resulting in low moral in certain departments.

Advice to Management

Clean up their acts. If you know that you're not management material decline the position if offered.

6. Sr. Financial Technical Analyst

Former Employee - Senior Applications Developer
    Former Employee - Senior Applications Developer

I worked at Maimonides Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Encountered many professional, decent, talented, hard working, very over worked, kind,
    helpful co-workers/associates while at MMC. Virtually all these individuals were regular 'worker bees. Also know one or two very of the very finest middle managers ever had the pleasure to work with. All these individuals were always working very long hours, focused on doing the bast possible jobs they could and getting projects successfully completed despite insane target dates dictated by non-technical mgmt. .

Cons

Cons? MMC is over. It is done. Just read local NYC papers. MMC was effectively taken over by NS-LIJ, as the hospital has been losing massive amounts of money for years. A simple case of little fish eaten by a much bigger fish. MMC tried to cover this up by laying off workers for years. Some happen to know this massive financial failure is clearly due to totally incompetent, back-stabbing, overpaid, under performing, dysfunctional, greed driven management 'running' MMC as is it's own personal ATM. All of MMC Upper Mgmt should have been removed Long Ago. Now it's just a matter of time. NS-LIJ is far too smart to allow these potential incompetents and potential criminals to remain.

My Advice: DO NOT ACCEPT ANY FULL TIME PAYING EMPLOYMENT OFFER FROM THIS VILE HOUSE OF LIARS & THIEVES. In almost every case, Your job will quickly be eliminated by NS-LIJ. When Upper MMC mgmt is fired, they'll receive Golden Parachutes, The rest of MMC worker bees get the boot, fired without a single days notice. Maimonides Medical Center as we've known it is long gone. To potential applicants; Just Say No Thanks & RUN!

Advice to Management

Get Out Now. Resign, Retire en mass. It would not at all surprise anyone paying close attn, there has been potentially criminal activity occurring within MMC upper Mgmt for years. Pam Brier should have been put out to pasture long ago. She promotes this and is ether delusional or suffering from Alzheimer's. Upper I.T. Mgmt should be under investigation as many know the despicable CIO and selected cronies engaged in criminal activities for many years. These 'individuals' should be under investigation and indicted for fraud along with other criminal offenses. Many workers have been aware of this, but too scared to say a word. I'm not.

so so

Current Employee - Clinical Analyst in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Clinical Analyst in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Maimonides Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging work, potential to learn many different programs across the enterprise. team work on various simultaneous projects. Fast paced.

Cons

Shrinking staff, increased workload. Not enough time to actually learn any one thing thoroughly. No pay for working overtime. needs improvement

Advice to Management

we are people, not robots. If there is a new objective or initiative, take something off of the list before adding new things. It can't all get done.

8. RN

I have been working at Maimonides Medical Center

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

No basic safety measures; anyone can come and roam the hospital at any time.

9. Physician, owner, entrepreneur

Current Employee - Doctor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Doctor in New York, NY

I have been working at Maimonides Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Innovative, compassionate, small, visionary, technology driven. Open to change

Cons

small, too little financial backing,

Advice to Management

keep trying

10. I worked through the volunteer department, which was sent to other departments for any help with tasks or errands.

Former Employee - Volunteer/SYEP in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Volunteer/SYEP in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Maimonides Medical Center part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly and welcoming environment. Employees at the MMC and Mail-room departments are very helpful and understanding.

Cons

I was sent to two departments because of the unorganized work distribution.

Advice to Management

If you use the SYEP program, try to utilize help for each department equally with the helping individuals.

I would rather keep it anonymous.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Maimonides Medical Center full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If in the 1199 union no co-pays for any Doctor.

Cons

When I was interviewed never asked if I spoke another language. I have voluntarily interpreted but, have refused b/c pay rate is the same as someone who speaks only English.

Advice to Management

Negotiate with the Union if hiring billingual staff will pay extra amount for that staff member.

RSS Feed </> Embed