Maimonides Medical Center

Updated August 8, 2014

2.9

Maimonides Medical Center President and CEO Pam Brier
Pam Brier

I stay because, of my responsibilities

I have been working at Maimonides Medical Center full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Union, Benefits, Amount of time one obtains as vacation when one has reached five years, & pay.

Cons

Have employees who can retire, and simply take up space, and time. Management sees their mistakes but, at this point doesn't reprimand them for it. Wants to make a newbie feel as if responsible for learning all the work meanwhile, the staff that has been there only does their job and doesn't cover if one is absent. Will leave work if that person is on vacation, sick or has taken a personal day for them to complete upon their return. Can only imagine if the person passed away unexpectedly for a few weeks or months, someone will have to do the work till someone is hired and trained.

Bascially, have her employees who have been at the job learn all the jobs for their job position so, when you hire new people they also learn all jobs for their position. This will ensure none of the employees ever feel not in the loop.

Very Good Potential Organization ruined by Horrible Upper Mgmt.

Current Employee - Applications Systems Analyst  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Applications Systems Analyst in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Maimonides Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Organization has many hard-working, competent, decent, dedicated workers. These employees are the only staff which allow the organization to function at all. make Most care deeply about getting the job done and are usually willing to work long hours and do
    whatever they're able to do a good job. Most are always willing to work with other
    employees, and sincerly want to see their fellow employees succeed. There are talented
    work

Cons

Upper Mgmts stunning failures in any useful communication, engaging in bullying and refusal to listen to any subordinates potential solutions that do not completely agree with it's own narrow 'ideas'. Mgmt's overly secrective to own employess, continually fails to disclose the most basic information to the staff. Much of this mgmt spends far to much time playing CYA games to protect their own employment and is dysfunctional and has no patience nor vision how to effectively manage a staff. Unfortunently, this culture of fear comes from the top down. Advice to anyone offered employment especially in MIS. Run, Do not accept a position in this dept, as you will regret it.

Management on almost every level needs to be held accountable for staggering revenue loses for reasons they've never bothered to explain. Mgmt badly needs new leadership to replace the negative, secret very questionable financial decisions and the puzzling hiring of outside consulting companies usually hired at great cost to do the same jobs the organization's employees are already performing.

Sr. Mgmt: Incompetent, Petty, Maybe Financially Corrupt. You Do NOT Want a Job Here!

Former Employee - Senior Analyst  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Maimonides Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some Middle Mgmt & co-workers decent, kind, people to work with. But many, back stabbers & worse Most Nursing/Medical staff are ok.

Cons

Upper Mgmt only interest is to keep cushy hi-paying jobs & treat workers like garbage. Make dumb deals with outside vendors for tons of money that lines their pockets.

RETIRE. Take small pay cuts, instead of firing hard working dedicated worker bees without ever making a single announcement. Mgmt should step down ASAP. Learn how to treat hard working staff.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unprofessional

I worked at Maimonides Medical Center for less than a year

Pros

Good doctors and services. Some coworkers were nice.

Cons

Human resources and management are very unprofessional and straight up mean.

Treat people with some respect. We're not dogs. Keep this up and you'll lose all your good staff.

Worst company to work for

I have been working at Maimonides Medical Center full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Some helpful staff willing to share info

Cons

Disrespectful senior management. Everyone looking to stab each other in the back.

Take classes in order to learn how to speak to your staff in a professional manner.

Dysfunctional Management

Current Employee - Clinical Analyst
    Current Employee - Clinical Analyst

Pros

4 weeks’ vacation with easy approval

Cons

Too many layers of disrespectful management and not enough qualified workers.

Take my advise do not work in the MIS department

Current Employee - Clinical Analyst  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Clinical Analyst in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Maimonides Medical Center

Pros

Maimonides has some of the most extensive computerization of the patient care record in the country. The MIS department is convenient to public transportation.

Cons

Management operates from the view that bullying is good and does not know how to interact with a professional staff. It is difficult to create a team to work on improvements and go-lives because it is like a revolving doors. Some project managers are worse than others and therefore their team is constantly changing. It is not uncommon to have an 8 am meeting scheduled on the same day as a 5 pm meeting for a 9-5 position. Then management will call you in and ask why you left 5 minutes early. 'My or the highway' is a phrase often heard within the confines of the former auto garage, now the MIS department, across the street from live chicken industry..

Change the entire upper level management's mindset. Physical and verbal abuse needs to stop.

What I thought would be a dream job turned into a nightmare.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Maimonides Medical Center

Pros

Good community hospital in a great neighborhood in Brooklyn.

Cons

Weak protections for employees. I went to Human Resources because I felt my boss was abusive and emotionally unstable. Colleagues had told me my boss had a history of picking on one person in the office. HR never helped me and my boss fired me within days of my "confidential" meeting with HR.

Doctors without budgetary and managerial experience should not be made department heads.

Do not value hard work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Pros

None at all. You can come with a big heart, but hard work is not enough.

Cons

Too much politics and the upper management has no respect for employees. Politics even affect the normal course of routine decisions

Put people in path to grow. Listen to the technical people you hire. You hire them for a purpose, not just say Yes to everything to say. There is no need to ask for advice if at the end, you never listen anyway

Poor Management, Nobody cares about patients

Former Employee - Information Specialist  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Information Specialist in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Maimonides Medical Center part-time for more than a year

Pros

Pros: Some perks (discounts, movie tickets) on the MMC intranet.

Cons

It's mainly about who you know and not your skill set. Extremely poor management - doing things on the clock which do not pertain to the job. They push tasks off to others instead of handling themselves. Most employees working at MMC are only there for a paycheck. MMC is almost like a high school.

Worked for Maimonides Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!