Main Street Hub
mainstreethub.com Austin, TX 150 to 499 Employees

Main Street Hub Reviews

Updated Apr 4, 2014
Main Street Hub – “Team Photo”

Andrew Allison & Matt Stuart

Pros:
  • "You will also make a lot of money along the way"
    in 5 reviews
  • "No matter what work is work, but at MSH they give you an opportunity to make a lot of money, if you can figure out the sale"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "There is not room for growth or personal development"
    in 4 reviews
  • "I personally would love more options and flexibility since I often come in early for CST or EST calls"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Main Street Hub is a great place to work if you are talented and motivated.

Senior Social Media Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time for more than a year

ProsCulture is fantastic, you will be surrounded by great people who will support you in times of need and help foster the growth you are looking to achieve.

ConsSalary is not too strong but the commission structure and bonuses more than make up for those who are talented and those who are hard working.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo our CEO's: Keep up the great work, It has been a pleasure working for you. The only piece of the puzzle that is currently missing for our sales team is a VP of sales who will teach, motivate, and guide us to continue reaching our goals while raising the bar.

To the individual managers: Each and every one of you that I have personally interacted with have been awesome. It is, in my opinion, important to understand that each individual will have different needs. For the best results, analyzing each individual on a case by case basis while allowing individual autonomy to keep propelling us forward.

The sky is the limit- amazing opportunity. Research the company and find our for yourself.

Senior Local Marketing Consultant (Current Employee)
Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time for less than a year

ProsYou will be challenged and given the opportunity to grow constantly. They welcome growth; this is not a stuffy corporation with multiple layers and a glass ceiling. You perform, you win. You will also make a lot of money along the way. #levelup

ConsIf you don't like to be challenged or you want to do something that does not require alertness and focus, then this is not the place for you. I love this job but at the same time, not everyone wants to be challenged, try new things, and #levelup. Come prepared to work and don't kid yourself. If you want to relax at your desk all day and watch the clock then find another opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

When something seems too good to be true....it isn't. It's #hublife!

Office Manager (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time for less than a year

ProsThey provide a fun and enriching environment that encourages personal and professional growth. They encourage and respond to feedback and believe in accountability on all levels, cultivating individuals and a team that strives for greatness and nothing less.

ConsAs with most start ups, some processes aren't set in place yet. This isn't so much a con as it is a work in progress. I have no doubt that we'll get there.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work. I have felt welcome from the very start and as if my individual success is as important to everyone as the success of the company overall. #WEaremainstreethub

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Smart, growing tech start up in the middle of beautiful downtown Austin. MSH takes care of their people!

Client Success Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time for less than a year

ProsCEOs and Executives are young and hungry. They are super involved. Oh and did I mention very smart
Casual work environment with music and fun co-workers
Uncapped commission
100% paid medical for employees
Ping Pong table

Cons9-6 gets me home later than I want but so worth it!
No employee parking so you either have to use public transportation or pay for a parking lot.
No 401 (k) program

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! Don't stop evolving.

We're all in the same boat - and it's sinking.

Social Media Community Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time for more than a year

ProsThe people. Everyone in the CM role is suffering, but it's a lot easier to grin and bear it when everyone around you is down for drinks after work to forget about what you have to do the next day. You will make good friends; they hire high-caliber individuals with great attitudes.

ConsFeel free to voice complaints or point out areas where things could be improved -- just don't expect anything to change for the better. Glittering generalities and cartoonishly optimistic "we hope so!"s are thrown around like underwear at a Justin Bieber concert. Additionally, the workload is such that you should expect to work most, if not every, weekend. It seems that they work people until they quit, and then hire the next round of UT grads.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm not sure if you asked higher-ups to write these positive reviews, but they are definitely not a reflection of the actual opinions and attitudes of those working for you. Here's to hoping this is all news to you.

Overall great place to work for somebody who enjoys phone sales and/or is passionate about social media.

Social Media Sales Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time for less than a year

ProsPretty good pay as far as phone sales goes. Can be great if you're talented and willing to put in the work it takes to be a top producer. Free food, keg in the office, good benefits. Fun work environment, overall I'd say this is a great company to work for.

ConsIf you dislike techno or rap, you may find the sales floor unbearable. It is blaring loud and always on. Top 40 is the norm. For most people this will be desirable (that's why it's top 40), but personally, I found it distracting/annoying.

If you don't like rejection, look elsewhere - being hung up on a lot is to be expected. You will be expected to come in early and stay late unless you are a top producer.

Advice to Senior ManagementI understand that management at Main Street Hub have VERY high standards for the level of ambition and work ethic to qualify for promotion within (meaning, if you want to get promoted, you'd better be prepared to stay after hours on a regular basis without overtime pay). I understand the mentality behind this approach and I do think this is an effective way to weed out less-than-fully-committed employees. On the other hand, I can see seasoned reps getting burned out when in reality they should be rewarded for their tenure.

#HubLife is where you #WorkHardPlayHard

Office Manager (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time for less than a year

ProsCulture – Great place to work. Good balance of work and social life.
Diversity – You’ll meet new people and that they will helpful when you ask for it.
Growth – You see a lot of people getting themselves to the next level. A lot of people that comes here have so much potential and this company gives that to them.
Development – Everyone here is very helpful and they’re there when you need help. Your ideas and inputs are always put into consideration.

ConsHuge turnover. I’ve put some effort getting to know people better and their needs, but as time goes, they come and go.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!!

Fun, high energy, team environment.

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time for less than a year

ProsYoung mentality, very energetic, and everyone does their best to keep spirits high. Everyone is very concerned with their own personal development as well as the development of everyone around them. The whole office does a part to pick everyone up.

ConsSales will make you hate your life and question the reason why you exist.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think everything is awesome as far as the people go

Management has no business skills

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time for less than a year

ProsGood location in Austin. Sometimes they bring in breakfast and lunch. The staff that is tormented by management is really cool!

Cons1. They don't care about the people. Turnover rate is unbelievable.
2. The culture they breed is fear.
3. Brainwashing happens on a daily basis. You're either selling or you're wasting time. However, it's hard to sell a service that is horrible.
4. You can be fired and will be fired for not obtaining numbers they require (which for Sales is impossible unless you're lucky.
5. Even middle management is horrible. There are people who work here that don't even have college degrees.

Bottom line up front- don't work here. McDonald's probably has a better working environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo to business school. You all are horrible leaders and I truly feel bad for the investors that you manipulated into buying into this company.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Main Street Hub is a wonderful place to work with a great culture

Senior Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time for more than a year

Pros- awesome commission structure
-great spiffs, trips, cash etc
-great sales training
-work hard play hard culture - keg in the office, happy hours etc.
-if you are willing to work hard, career growth

Cons-hitting quota can be stressful - if you are not pacing prepare to work long hours/weekends

Advice to Senior Managementmore internal hiring for managers - managers internally hired have proven to be better than external hires

Worked for Main Street Hub? Contribute to the Community!

Main Street Hub Videos

Main Street Hub – Why Work for Us?

Founded in 2010, Main Street Hub is the voice of more local businesses than any other company. Through technology, creativity, and service, we provide great local businesses around the world with do-it-for-you products… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Main Street Hub reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Main Street Hub CEO Andrew Allison & Matt Stuart. All 60 reviews posted anonymously by Main Street Hub employees.