Main Street Hub

mainstreethub.com

Main Street Hub Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Andrew Allison & Matt Stuart

Pros
  • You will also make a lot of money along the way(in 6 reviews)

• No matter what work is work, but at MSH they give you an opportunity to make a lot of money, if you can figure out the sale(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management claims to care about employees, but will fire them at the drop of a hat(in 7 reviews)

• There is not room for growth or personal development(in 4 reviews)

Fast paced, extremely smart team all around

ProsLove working with very smart people. The company does an amazing job at hiring the best at a fast pace. Everyone has the ability to grow here no matter what level you come in. I have seen interns move into senior positions.

ConsIf you are not up for a challenge, then this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementI know we are growing even faster over the next few years. Please keep up the good work on providing a place for all of us to also grow and learn.

We're all in the same boat - and it's sinking.

Social Media Community Manager (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThe people. Everyone in the CM role is suffering, but it's a lot easier to grin and bear it when everyone around you is down for drinks after work to forget about what you have to do the next day. You will make good friends; they hire high-caliber individuals with great attitudes.

ConsFeel free to voice complaints or point out areas where things could be improved -- just don't expect anything to change for the better. Glittering generalities and cartoonishly optimistic "we hope so!"s are thrown around like underwear at a Justin Bieber concert. Additionally, the workload is such that you should expect to work most, if not every, weekend. It seems that they work people until they quit, and then hire the next round of UT grads.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm not sure if you asked higher-ups to write these positive reviews, but they are definitely not a reflection of the actual opinions and attitudes of those working for you. Here's to hoping this is all news to you.

Main Street Hub is a great place to work if you are talented and motivated.

Senior Social Media Representative (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsCulture is fantastic, you will be surrounded by great people who will support you in times of need and help foster the growth you are looking to achieve.

ConsSalary is not too strong but the commission structure and bonuses more than make up for those who are talented and those who are hard working.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo our CEO's: Keep up the great work, It has been a pleasure working for you. The only piece of the puzzle that is currently missing for our sales team is a VP of sales who will teach, motivate, and guide us to continue reaching our goals while raising the bar.

To the individual managers: Each and every one of you that I have personally interacted with have been awesome. It is, in my opinion, important to understand that each individual will have different needs. For the best results, analyzing each individual on a case by case basis while allowing individual autonomy to keep propelling us forward.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

MSH is a place where you can be challenged and make a difference.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsIf you want to be successful and are willing to put in the time and effort it takes to get there, this is the place for you. CEOs hold company culture and values in high regard and execs implement new ideas and processes often. Long-term career potential as long as you are patient. Great mentors in upper management. Opportunities like this don't come around often.

ConsWhen one person has a negative attitude it is passes on to the whole floor. Most days at work are highly stressful - you need to be able to separate your emotions while on the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more creative in the ways you train on new and old material, and don't take credit for the hard work of others.

Your willingness to hear what anyone in the company has to say, regardless of performance or title, is appreciated.

You get out what you put in.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsI've been an employee at MSH for quite a while and have had many opportunities to move and grow within the company and can honestly say this experience is what you make of it.

I've seen some have phenomenal experiences and some have less than stellar ones, but the outcome was almost always a product of talent, effort, and attitude. If you want something bad enough here and you're qualified or put in the effort to make yourself qualified -- you can usually achieve what you want. There's no room for politics, only performance.

We've definitely come a long way from our humble roots and with great growth comes great challenges, but I think the leadership is strong and we're all in for a exciting and rewarding ride.

ConsThe company runs lean, so you may not get all of the shiny perks you might expect from some of the other startups in town. You won't find a chef, free parking, gym memberships, or super slick facilities, but you have what you need to do your job and never feel like the company is throwing their money down the drain.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing, invest in your people a little bit more and I think we'll all be a part of a winning formula.

Heading in a great direction

Content Marketing Associate (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsWith nearly two years in the company, I can say that we've come a long way. There were some times where things needed improvement, and this was recognized, improved upon, and changed. People need to realize that this is a young company, and there will be challenges that need to be overcome. Two words for every current and future employee: Speak Up. This company consistently blows my mind at how well management takes feedback from employees into consideration and uses that feedback as a barometer for how they're running the business. I've never had such access to an executive ear, which makes me truly feel that my voice can and will be heard.

ConsIt's not an easy job. Period. If you want to often phone it in or have a job where you can give less than 100%, this isn't for you. There will be long days. There will be side projects, things added to your plate, and an atmosphere of constant change. I don't know if I'd call it a con, but it's something that you have to be prepared to take on. Your starting pay isn't going to make you rich, especially if you're not coming straight out of college, but there are opportunities to grow and take on new positions within the company as it continues its vast growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain your focus on creating a great company culture and lending your ear to feedback. Continue emphasizing the personal and confidential options for providing that feedback. Try to keep your finger on the pulse of employee satisfaction, as there's no question that some feel overworked, which can affect culture.

Best Place I've Ever Worked

Local Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThis is probably the best place I've ever worked and I've worked at many different companies with different cultures and titles. If you can have a strong consistent work ethic and are willing to learn and love consulting business owners this is a great place to work and the culture is amazing.

ConsIn order to succeed you may need to put in long hours, but it's really all about your drive and determination to rise to the top.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing, the culture and environment are great.

The sky is the limit- amazing opportunity. Research the company and find our for yourself.

Senior Local Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsYou will be challenged and given the opportunity to grow constantly. They welcome growth; this is not a stuffy corporation with multiple layers and a glass ceiling. You perform, you win. You will also make a lot of money along the way. #levelup

ConsIf you don't like to be challenged or you want to do something that does not require alertness and focus, then this is not the place for you. I love this job but at the same time, not everyone wants to be challenged, try new things, and #levelup. Come prepared to work and don't kid yourself. If you want to relax at your desk all day and watch the clock then find another opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

When something seems too good to be true....it isn't. It's #hublife!

Office Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThey provide a fun and enriching environment that encourages personal and professional growth. They encourage and respond to feedback and believe in accountability on all levels, cultivating individuals and a team that strives for greatness and nothing less.

ConsAs with most start ups, some processes aren't set in place yet. This isn't so much a con as it is a work in progress. I have no doubt that we'll get there.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work. I have felt welcome from the very start and as if my individual success is as important to everyone as the success of the company overall. #WEaremainstreethub

Smart, growing tech start up in the middle of beautiful downtown Austin. MSH takes care of their people!

Client Success Manager (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsCEOs and Executives are young and hungry. They are super involved. Oh and did I mention very smart
    Casual work environment with music and fun co-workers
    Uncapped commission
    100% paid medical for employees
    Ping Pong table

Cons9-6 gets me home later than I want but so worth it!
    No employee parking so you either have to use public transportation or pay for a parking lot.
    No 401 (k) program

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! Don't stop evolving.

Worked for Main Street Hub? Contribute to the Community!