Main Street Hub Reviews

Reset
3.6
Main Street Hub Co-Founder & Co-CEO Andrew Allison & Matt Stuart
Andrew Allison & Matt Stuart

Pros
  • You have the ability to make a lot of money and some good friends along the way (in 6 reviews)

• No matter what work is work, but at MSH they give you an opportunity to make a lot of money, if you can figure out the sale (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Management - During my time there I saw 9 upper management staff leave because how under appreciated they were during time employed by M (in 9 reviews)

• All you do all day is cold call and log your calls (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Exciting and rewarding to work at Main Street Hub

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I personally came to Main Street Hub because of its mission - helping local businesses to be successful. I really like that reverence for local businesses is the first item on company's value statement, which is lived and breathed by all. Both founders are extremely smart, diligent, and thoughtful in their approach to everything. I have had my questions/concerns answered and followed up by founders personally in spite of their busy schedule. They made a point to take care of their employees.

Cons

The company is growing and changing very fast. The management team is thoughtful about scaling and bringing changes in an iterative manner. But I can see people who like to work in a box and need to know what exactly will happen in the next month and year with high degree of certainty will not feel comfortable here. On the contrary, if changes (for the better) give you energy, this would be the right place.

Advice to Management

Keep being thoughtful and diligent.... Pay even more attention to empowering your employees.

Main Street Hub Response

Jan 5, 2015 – co-CEO

Thanks very much for your thoughtful review and your kind words about us and the other members of the leadership team. We really appreciate it. Thanks also for your focus on our customers. We ... More

Excellent experience

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Manor, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Manor, TX

I have been working at Main Street Hub (Less than a year)

Pros

You always know what you should be doing. You have many opportunities to succeed and there is coaching and support all around.

Cons

There are no excuses. Any perceived negative is on you.

Everything I expected and more

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

Start up, relaxed vibe. Passionate and fun people all here for the same cause. And everyone is willing to help

Cons

Music always playing even while on the phone will take some getting used to.

Advice to Management

We just moved buildings, so make it a little more homier ... not with paper signs, it still feels like we do not belong but we are renting the space.

The learning never ends.

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with MSH for a while now and I'm amazed at the professional development I've received since starting. I never thought I'd be able to learn the skills I now possess, but the unique opportunities and committed managers made it possible.

Cons

I can't think of too many cons. It's important to keep in mind that this is a start up and that although this is a social media marketing company, MSH is not Facebook and they don't have Facebook's money. Yes, we have a cool barista and pretty good snacks, but don't expect to be making boatloads of money and have insane perks. (Although there are some pretty awesome perks here from time-to-time.) If you're fresh from college and trying to learn some skills, this is an awesome place to do it.

Advice to Management

Think about hiring some people outside of the company for some more seasoned experience and diversity.

Love this job

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A great atmosphere for anyone starting out right after college and wants an opportunity to grow in a new business. The ATX sales office is a fun place to come to work everyday and most of the people in there are young and share similar interests. Everyone wants everyone else around them to succeed. Rare for a sales office.

Cons

It is a tough job at its core. You have to be willing to have a few rough days and fight through it. The culture makes this easier though

Advice to Management

Keep the culture going in the direction it has been. It is hard to find a place where other sales reps care as much about the success of their teammates as they do their own.

Great Environment

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very cool and fun place to start off straight out of college. Mostly recent grads/people no older than 35.

Cons

Cold Calling and trying to meet your monthly goal can be stressful

Start Up with Amazing Opportunity for personal and professional growth!

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As it seems to be a consistent accusation of some of the negative reviewers, I'd like to point out that this review has been written by my own choice and without any influence from MSH management at all. That being said, this company's mission to help small businesses grow is clear and there is no ulterior motive on the part of management or the CEOs in working to fulfill that mission. In the short time I have worked here, I have seen a group of dedicated people who have accepted me as a part of their team. The camaraderie at MSH is unparalleled and you can meet the best people here. There is so much room for personal and professional growth that anyone looking for one will inevitably find the other here! Though I would agree that some management members could soften their approach at times, the leadership at MSH embodies the culture and mission the CEOs have laid out perfectly. It really is a shame that the people who feel the leadership here is in some way lacking or too tough haven't taken the time to examine what they brought to the table. Expectations are laid out clearly and concisely from day one--in fact even in the interview process! What more could a prospective employer ask for? The CEOs and managers understand the difficulty of the work they ask of their employees so they help make the job environment as casual and friendly as possible allowing for casual dress code, free meals, giveaways, and other tangible and non-tangible perks! The best part about that is most of the people in leadership roles have had to do the same exact work as the consultants - including the CEOs. Call it drinking the Kool-Aid or naïve optimism, this company offers an environment for anyone to grow in, all they need to do is ask for help, be open to coaching, and be willing to work--hard!

Cons

Outside of your start month, there isn't much sanctioned training, unless it's done at the discretion of your manager. Not the worst thing in the world, but for those who aren't that self-reliant, it's hard to make positive change without a continuous, traditional learning environment. Management can get strapped with the amount of consultants put on each team which can limit the amount of one-on-one time a consultant gets, which again forces people to rely on their own self-reliance to move forward as a sales rep.

Advice to Management

For the Marketing Consultant position, try to vet candidates more stringently. It will only help your bottomline to find people who are truly dedicated to help small businesses like you are and are willing to go the extra mile to help fulfill your goals. Get as much leadership on the floor as possible! Having that many more managers there to help reps will only help teams hit their quotas faster. Offer/mandate more sanctioned training/learning for teams on a regular basis. It will help break up a day but also keep reps focused on a continuous basis and make stronger, more efficient reps! At the end of the day, the best advice I could offer would be to continue striving towards helping those local economies!! I'm thankful to be a part of such a great company!

9. Amazing Company in a start up World

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Leadership! I have had now the pleasure of working with the most talented group of individuals here for over a year. Luke is an amazing leader , with a great vision! Growth ! work hard , play hard. Very rewarding to lead teams into becoming the future leaders of this company! Thriving local economies- Every day I have the pleasure of watching how our amazing team helps our potential customers with their social media needs, which in return keeps them in business, and growing!

Cons

I have worked for some good companies and not so good companies....By far this has been one of the best experiences yet. The opportunities for growth are limitless as long as you are willing to work hard for it!( not really a con)

Advice to Management

Continue Developing, Investing, and Driving your leadership team , you have by far none the best one I have had the pleasure of working with so far!

10. Great thriving company

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you love sales this is the place to be. Main street hub is a great start up company with a bright future. It is sales, if you have never been in a sales environment or are not used to hearing no then this might not be the place for you. It is out bound sales and you have to call small business owners all day. It is a challenge but if you want to help these local businesses with their future then you have chosen the right place. it is not about getting your hands held through the process but truly putting 150 % effort into being successful.

Cons

There are some marketing consultants that think this is a college dorm room. This is a place of business and you must remember that in a sales environment the culture is what you make of it, its not about the beer, or who is going to hang out later together it is about the rush of the sale. I made a lot of money while on the phones so people that are new to the sales world need to get with the program.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, you all have inspired me to be better and continue growing my sales career.

Excellent Place To Grow a Career

Current Employee - Community Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxing atmosphere with very little micromanagement. The training process leaves you prepared to put in a great day's work every day of the week.

Cons

Start up culture will always have growing pains and downsides -- what better place to learn how to be flexible.

Main Street Hub Response

Aug 5, 2015 – co-CEO

Thanks for your review! You highlighted the lack of micromanagement, which resonated with us. We hire for good judgment and a fit with our values. Once a candidate has passed that test, we trust them ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed