Main Street Hub Reviews

Reset
3.7
Main Street Hub Co-Founder & Co-CEO Andrew Allison & Matt Stuart
Andrew Allison & Matt Stuart

Pros
  • You have the ability to make a lot of money and some good friends along the way (in 6 reviews)

• No matter what work is work, but at MSH they give you an opportunity to make a lot of money, if you can figure out the sale (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Management - During my time there I saw 9 upper management staff leave because how under appreciated they were during time employed by M (in 9 reviews)

• All you do all day is cold call and log your calls (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Exciting and rewarding to work at Main Street Hub

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I personally came to Main Street Hub because of its mission - helping local businesses to be successful. I really like that reverence for local businesses is the first item on company's value statement, which is lived and breathed by all. Both founders are extremely smart, diligent, and thoughtful in their approach to everything. I have had my questions/concerns answered and followed up by founders personally in spite of their busy schedule. They made a point to take care of their employees.

Cons

The company is growing and changing very fast. The management team is thoughtful about scaling and bringing changes in an iterative manner. But I can see people who like to work in a box and need to know what exactly will happen in the next month and year with high degree of certainty will not feel comfortable here. On the contrary, if changes (for the better) give you energy, this would be the right place.

Advice to Management

Keep being thoughtful and diligent.... Pay even more attention to empowering your employees.

Main Street Hub Response

Jan 5, 2015co-CEO

Thanks very much for your thoughtful review and your kind words about us and the other members of the leadership team. We really appreciate it.

Thanks also for your focus on our customers. We
    ... More

2. Never a dull moment

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture here is definitely one of the best I've experienced. You feel as if you are part of a quickly growing family where everyone can contribute in some way. Management is very supportive, and the executive team has remained transparent about where the company is headed. The work environment is very upbeat with fun activities to participate in (theme weeks, competitions, etc).

Cons

Change - the company experiences a lot of it, but it comes with the territory of a growing start up. You must be able to roll with the punches to be successful here.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on scaling the culture as we continue to grow.

Amazing company / Great leadership / Room to grow

Current Employee - Product Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Strong internal culture that's strengthened over time
    - Strong visible values that the company actively encourages and invests in
    - Ability to make as large or small of an impact as you want
    - Lots of opportunity to grow into larger roles
    - Dedicated, intelligent leadership team
    - More of a meritocracy. Not very political here.

I've worked at MSH for quite a long time and have had a really fantastic experience. It hasn't been without its ups and downs, but I have been able to accomplish and learn a ton while working here.

I really think that the opportunity here is what you choose to make of it. If you want to live comfortably inside your role, you're free to do so. The same goes for taking on responsibility outside your normal day to day.

Most who don't have a great experience have probably worked on the sales side, which can be challenging in a different way, but I think often draws unfair criticisms that are part of any large inside sales organization.

Cons

Like any fast-growing company, sometimes issues crop up mostly due to lack of communication. These issues, however, tend to be addressed pretty quickly.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue to actively listen to employee feedback.

5. Awesome culture, management and opportunity!

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture - It's great to work at a place where you enjoy the people you interact with on a daily basis. MSH keeps things fun and lively, especially at the Sales office.

MANAGEMENT - The Director of Sales in Austin is really involved and motivated to make this a place where everyone feels like they make an impact and everyone is important. The CEOs are also really involved and genuinely care about making this an awesome place to work.

OPPORTUNITY - This place is growing like crazy so get in now!

Cons

CHANGE - Just a few months in and my direction has changed a million times. It definitely keeps things interesting but if you're not someone who can adapt, then this is not the place for you. The good thing is that every single change has been to help make things better. But still, change is change.

6. A company that values culture and open communication/feedback

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Main Street Hub (More than a year)

Pros

The people and culture are amazing and the management really cares about the professional growth of each employee. The senior management team is also very transparent about the direction the company is going in and the reasons behind each decision that is made. On top of that, all executives are readily available and eager to meet with anyone on the team.

Cons

Finding your own work/life balance can be tricky but every employee has a high degree of autonomy and responsibility so that should be expected. You can find your own harmony in the work that you do.

Advice to Management

Continue having an open and honest feedback channel as we grow.

7. While a great company, I don't feel we all work in unison

Current Employee - Social Media Community Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Social Media Community Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I feel people in my department invest in me.
    Pretty collaborative for the most part.
    People are honest when you ask for feedback.
    People also seek out feedback from you.
    Culture is fun.

Cons

It seems that there aren't the same expectations between departments.
    Sometimes I feel talked down to when interacting with other departments.
    While it's understandable that some aspects of the job are open-ended, sometimes it feels too open-ended to where there isn't a clear expectation of how to apply feedback.
    Work-life balance is a struggle, but your team and higher-ups makes a good effort to help.

Advice to Management

While I appreciate the work I do, I don't think expectations are the same between different departments. I think keeping that in mind will help us improve on reaching the same goals.

Hublife

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time

Pros

Intense energy, and amazing culture. Determination and persistence in closing are pivotal to any start up. From what I have seen the people here at MSH really care about what they do and why they do it, they definitely have a purpose.

Cons

None that I've seen thus far.

Advice to Management

keep doing what your doing

Great first job

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Main Street Hub (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture was fantastic. You work with some of the most vibrant and amazing people, from higher ups to peers and everyone is supportive and encouraging. I worked in the sales department where there was never a dull moment despite the monotony of the job. Management was extremely supportive and provided everything you need to do the job.

Cons

The sales department was constantly in flux. As the company experimented to find the best ways to improve their sales procedures, it got to be too much. It's sales and that means it's a grind so make sure you're up for it. There's also not much room for advancement and the work/life balance is difficult to maintain, but that's more just the nature of sales than a fault of the company.

Advice to Management

Be careful as the company gets larger. Bottom rung employees don't want to feel like we're not part of something or greater or like we're just a means to an end. So far so good on that front.

10. Customer Success Team

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing team atmosphere! I have worked for great companies in the past, but this one has been, by far, my favorite. The benefits and perks are great. It is a lot of work, but extremely rewarding. The atmosphere is unlike anything I have ever been a part of. Every day is exciting and I truly feel that I am valued as an employee here. You are able to make a huge impact from the moment you start.

Cons

It is 9-6, so the work day is a little longer than some places. However, I have worked 9-5 with other employers, and my day here somehow seems much shorter.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I love it here and couldn't be happier with the decision I made to join the team.

Inside Sales Rep

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People, free breakfast on Monday, cash incentives, prizes if you get sales.

Cons

Management is very bipolar. Motivate with aggression and then turn right around and act very nice to you. Fire you on the flip of a coin. Too negative? Fired. Don't make quota? Fired.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees and what they are saying about Team Leads and managers.

RSS Feed </> Embed