Main Street Hub

Updated March 2, 2015
3.7

Main Street Hub Co-Founder & Co-CEO Andrew Allison & Matt Stuart
Andrew Allison & Matt Stuart

Pros
  • You will also make a lot of money along the way (in 6 reviews)

• No matter what work is work, but at MSH they give you an opportunity to make a lot of money, if you can figure out the sale (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management claims to care about employees, but will fire them at the drop of a hat (in 9 reviews)

• Limited room for growth within the organization as they seem to love to promote externally (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Fast-paced, yet rewarding environment

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Main Street Hub

Pros

-Super awesome atmosphere makes coming into work everyday an adventure, not a chore
    -Ability to make a lot of money here is realistic, and attainable

Cons

-Staying focused, and not letting rejection get to you can sometimes be tough, but the great environment always helps you to stay focused and positive.

More openness

Love this place! Great mission, great energy, tons of upside.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Get to work on something that truly matters - helping local businesses thrive. And it's growing like crazy, fastest growing start-up in the Austin area.

Cons

All the growth means things move quick, and you have to work hard - not necessarily a bad thing. Great to be surrounded by motivated, ambitious co-workers.

Keep crushing it! And keep bringing in great people, the team overall is awesome.

Opportunity, culture, growth

Current Employee - Content Team
    Current Employee - Content Team

I have been working at Main Street Hub

Pros

Main Street Hub is workplace to grow with. With a focus on values, culture, and transparency, you have the opportunity to learn by reaching out to leaders and members of other departments (including the CEOs) and really make a place for yourself. I've had many roles here since I've started, and I'm grateful for the opportunities I've had to learn and develop skills I might not have otherwise.

One of the things that I value most about working at Main Street Hub (in particular, on the Content Team) is the emphasis on innovation and creativity. Even our newest team members are adding fresh ideas to the mix right off the bat and on a regular basis. Every day is different, and it's inspiring to work on a team with such smart, talented people.

Cons

With growth, there's a balancing act of building up effective processes without stifling the flexibility that has gotten us to where we are now. That can cause some confusion, but I know that we're heading in the right direction in terms of maintaining that balance.

Maintain a focus on scaling culture as we grow. The increased regularity of professional development opportunities has been of great value to me, personally, and is something I'd like to see continued.

Excellent opportunity

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Phenomenal culture, good pay, and lucrative industry with tons of training available.

Cons

None. It's really all up to you.

Reopen LA!

A great company where you can truly be part of "something bigger" .Training and management is among the best out there.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Main Street Hub

Pros

work with a great collaborative team, train with managers who are designed to be there to support, educate, and elevate.. Upper management continues to find ways to improve the quality of the experience not only for the clients but for the employees.. improvements in comp plans, managers going the extra mile to lead reps into the path of success.

Cons

lines of communication between departments could use a little a bit of a tweeking.

keep it up!!

Great place to grow your sales career

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They've made a lot of changes since last summer that are great if you want to sell. Better career path and perks like warm leads and transportation bonus when you promote, new training team and training, better tools, and now a much better compensation plan for 2015 where you can earn 3x more at quota than last year. And they just added a 401k to the benefits, plus they pay your health insurance.
    I also appreciate all of the sales managers and team leads they've added to help you learn how to sell the product better, which sounds different than other people I know in sales that have no help. Businesses need the product , it works, and we're adding new products this year. The people i've seen that haven't been successful don't want to put the effort into it and then want to complain if they don't hit quota. Just like any sales job, you have to learn the product and talk to businesses to sell. If you're not afraid of making calls and taking feedback, you can be successful here. And I should also mention that the people are great (but everyone else has already talked about the great atmosphere).

Cons

There is a ramp up but, again, it's just like any other job where you have to learn the product, etc. If you do not like change and growth, you won't be happy here. The company is growing and making changes (most of which are good), but I've seen a few people get rattled that don't adapt well.

Keep asking for feedback and making changes to address issues.

Happiest I've been in ~10 year career.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The VPE and CEOs are top notch, like "best boss I've ever had" good.

You get to work with and learn from a team of brilliant people with varied backgrounds.

Comp is excellent, and work - life balance is entirely up to you as long as you get your work done. Everyone is held to a high standard.

You have a lot of opportunity to work on projects that interest you and influence technology/design/product choices.

The company is doing very well and growing quickly. This means that for the foreseeable future engineers get both the benefits of a startup (flexibility, large impact, ownership, small tight team, fun work environment, career growth potential) with the benefits of an established company (excellent amenities/equipment/tools, great office space, solid compensation and benefits).

Cons

There is a large amount of legacy code from the company's 'tiny startup' days that needs a lot of tlc. Luckily management recognizes this and sets aside time for refactoring.

While not really a con, the interview process is really tough and few make it through. So if you plan on applying (which I highly recommend) be aware and bring your A game.

Keep doing what you're doing, hiring great people, and preserving the culture.

Best Job Ever - Awesome Leadership

Current Employee - Marketing Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love my career at Main Street Hub. I started really at entry level on the phones and got through all the promotions they offer sales consultants/marketing consultants pretty quickly. It was so nice to be able to get a promotion and a raise and increased commission when you prove yourself in sales and customer service. I was really impressed that really successful people were leaving their jobs and coming to Main Street Hub.

The Senior Vice President of Sales Mandy Cole came from Living Social. Mandy held senior leadership roles at Stella & Dot, LivingSocial, MyNewPlace.com, Wells Fargo Merchant Services and CitySearch. She is a graduate of The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and amazing to work with. This gave me a ton of confidence in the company and sticking with the company.

Mike Georgoff, our new VP Product previously played critical roles at Redbox, the movie rental company, and RetailMeNot, the digital coupon powerhouse, helping grow each from early stage to $1B+ public company. Mike earned his academic credentials at the University of Michigan, graduating summa cum laude from the College of Literature, Science, and Arts.

Cons

There is of course hard work in any growing company and lots of changes but I have found with each and every change it just got better for me, our team and our customers. There is just no company who does what Main Street Hub does at their price point and although others may try they just don't have the range of product, people and the Do It For You service offered by us. The work life balance is not so great but they are working on it. They don't ask you to work harder or longer but to hit my goals I choose to and its so much fun to help people I easily over work. They do encourage you to work out and adjust your hours as needed. I have never been told that there is something in my life that I need to get done and they refuse a request. Super awesome about allowing you to have a life provided you leave LOL.

Keep doing what your doing. I love the work life balance, flex hours for seniors, Presidents Clubs, Annual Sales Conference and fantastic compensation. I would love a Pension Plan. So you know you have a salary the rest of your life. Long term disability needs to include a percentage of your commission so that there is not a huge gap in income if you ever get injured or disabled. Vacation Time needs to give a percentage of your sales since commission is so much of your pay you cant really take a vacation and keep your sales up. I just think the Leadership team rocks. CEO's are brilliant, compassionate and super down to earth guys. Love them.

Great people, great pay

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Extremely bright team of engineers. It's a fairly small group (~10), with a lot of growth in the forecast. The VP of Engineering is a terrific manager that gives you the tools you need to succeed, and is very focused on building a killer team.

The people here are all great, everybody chips in to get work done. People don't care about titles, they care about the work that's being done. The work life balance has been great, people mostly work from the office but everybody is very flexible about hours. Also, if people want to work from home from time to time, that's not frowned upon.

Cons

Haven't hit any big ones yet.

Keep doing what you're doing, and

Work Really Hard With Really Awesome People

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, super smart and creative people, good pay on the CSM side if you're a hard worker and focused.

Cons

Again, you're gonna put in long hours and the job can be stressful -- especially being short-staffed. To this point, culture fit is extremely important to everyone who works here, so it balances out.

Keep hiring great people and scaling responsibly!

Main Street Hub Response

Jan 5, 2015co-CEO

Thanks very much for your review, and for its focus on culture and smart hiring. We believe in being “unreasonably picky” about our peers—we’ve been influenced by other great companies who have built ... More