Main Street Hub Reviews

155 reviews filtered by

******AVOTheID AT ALL COSTS***********

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None...Other than the convenience to 6th street area where, if you are a drinker, a drink is never far away before, during, or after a day of work at this place, also known as hell on earth. The CEO's Andrew Allison and Matt Stuart tout this company built on "values" beginning with a reverence for local business. However, they care VERY LITTLE, if at all about these values. To me, the company is not only a scam to small businesses (they DO NOT manage your social media to the extent they promise to, they grossly overcharge for these supposed services, they DO NOT maintain the 95% retention rate that they claim to have, and frankly, they have misrepresented the entire company to investors in an attempt, in my opinion, to directly defraud them of millions of dollars,

Cons

Too many to list:

- Directly lies to customers, employees, and investors alike.
    - Management claims to supoort sales reps as the "Level Up/Ramp Up", however, if you have any potential and/or experience in sales and are deemed a threat to the tenured reps/Team Leads, they will do all they can to fire you, get you to quit, etc.
    -Forces you to be a pushy, unethical sales rep/telemarketer that is completely scripted/robotic, reading a HORRIBLE script that would be better written by a 5th grader with no sales experience.

Advice to Management

Return the millions of dollars youve squandered investors out of, close shop, and issue apologies to those affected by your selfishness, closed-minded attitudes. Or....build a company with the same service, which is highly needed by consumers, but do so all the while remembering those VALUES and ETHICS you started the company on.

Fast-paced, yet rewarding environment

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Main Street Hub

Pros

-Super awesome atmosphere makes coming into work everyday an adventure, not a chore
    -Ability to make a lot of money here is realistic, and attainable

Cons

-Staying focused, and not letting rejection get to you can sometimes be tough, but the great environment always helps you to stay focused and positive.

Advice to Management

More openness

Difficult sell

I worked at Main Street Hub

Pros

Great office, Cool people, Free breakfast

Cons

Really hard sell, Terrible leads, Make you work extra hours unpaid to prospect own leads, HUGE TURNOVER

Advice to Management

Let employees stick to what works for them, dont make everyone read the same generic script that sounds very salesy

Revolving Door

I worked at Main Street Hub

Pros

Great people and office environment.

Cons

Under qualified hyper growth company that focuses more on sales team than the content and service they provide they're clients.

Advice to Management

Expand and really work on creative development for your clients.

WORST PLACE EVER

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Main Street Hub (Less than a year)

Pros

Free beer and food, but that's about it. Office is pretty easy to get to.

Cons

Horrible organization, fire 30 people a month, telemarketing cold call center. Most of the people who work there are creeps or really dumb. People do drugs at the office. They treat everyone like slaves forcing them to stand and yell at you if you don't. Super sketchy place.

Advice to Management

Just because you can sell well doesn't mean you should be managers. Very disorganized and lack leadership.

Opportunity, culture, growth

Current Employee - Content Team
    Current Employee - Content Team

I have been working at Main Street Hub

Pros

Main Street Hub is workplace to grow with. With a focus on values, culture, and transparency, you have the opportunity to learn by reaching out to leaders and members of other departments (including the CEOs) and really make a place for yourself. I've had many roles here since I've started, and I'm grateful for the opportunities I've had to learn and develop skills I might not have otherwise.

One of the things that I value most about working at Main Street Hub (in particular, on the Content Team) is the emphasis on innovation and creativity. Even our newest team members are adding fresh ideas to the mix right off the bat and on a regular basis. Every day is different, and it's inspiring to work on a team with such smart, talented people.

Cons

With growth, there's a balancing act of building up effective processes without stifling the flexibility that has gotten us to where we are now. That can cause some confusion, but I know that we're heading in the right direction in terms of maintaining that balance.

Advice to Management

Maintain a focus on scaling culture as we grow. The increased regularity of professional development opportunities has been of great value to me, personally, and is something I'd like to see continued.

Love this place! Great mission, great energy, tons of upside.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get to work on something that truly matters - helping local businesses thrive. And it's growing like crazy, fastest growing start-up in the Austin area.

Cons

All the growth means things move quick, and you have to work hard - not necessarily a bad thing. Great to be surrounded by motivated, ambitious co-workers.

Advice to Management

Keep crushing it! And keep bringing in great people, the team overall is awesome.

Stay Away

I worked at Main Street Hub

Pros

some cool people
    beer
    good location in midtown

Cons

extremely unprofessional environment
    Girls bathroom has feces on the floor at least once a week - not kidding. theres poop on the floor. you tell me who would want to work at a company where they hire people who literally poop on the floor

Advice to Management

its not their fault they are so pushy---their job isnt secure if they do not perform. this place needs to be rearranged. if you work here you will be sitting on top of 6 people at all times. there is zero space to move around. some of the managers are really awesome

Mismanaged, no training, worst grind I've had in 10+ years of technology sales. Deceitful company through and through.

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Main Street Hub

Pros

Snacks, beer, good entry level inside sales for college students.

Cons

Very high turnover, no job security, no proof of product being sold, foul language, hear splitting music.

Advice to Management

Upfront about job duties, better training, detailed information about company policy.

Excellent opportunity

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Phenomenal culture, good pay, and lucrative industry with tons of training available.

Cons

None. It's really all up to you.

Advice to Management

Reopen LA!