MaineGeneral Health

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Chuck Hays

Small hospital trying to improve

Patient Service Representative II (Current Employee)

ProsWonderful Coworkers, Customer Service is a top priority

ConsPay and benefits should be better

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat employees are looking elsewhere. Listen to them.

Wasted some good years with this company

Analyst (Former Employee)

Prosi'm truly having a hard time finding pros about working at MaineGeneral Health. after over 6 years of being lied to not a lot of positives left.

ConsThe HR Department has an unhealthy GOD complex, and regularly uses deception to disrespect MaineGenerals Employees. Most of the people in managment and upper management have no formal education. I have never worked in a company that has so many people in Technical or Trade positions, that do not hold a degree. nepotism is truly a problem there, as pointed out by many other reviews.

Advice to Senior ManagementSTOP waisting mony on LDI crap. managers are not buying into this becuase you all do not buy it either. and it all starts with the board of directors and Chuck Hayes. what you going to do if the employees wise up and unionize? this may be needed to put an end to the shady things HR does to employees.

Nice people. Nurse managers too indecisive

Augusta, ME

ProsNew hospital. Clean building. OK pay.

Cons12-hour shifts. Nurse managers are too slow to fill vacancies. Other employees suffer due to slow hiring process.

Advice to Senior ManagementInsist that nurse managers fill positions within 2 weeks to 30 days. We have many job openings, but the hiring process drags on for months. I know several good nurses who couldn't wait for a decision from the hiring nurse. Also, I have participated in the peer interview process and it is a waste of time. Peer interviews only produce more of the same. It discourages minorities, and creates homogenous nursing teams that lack a variety of talent because the team doing the peer interview only picks more people like themselves. Also the peer interviews create conflict since some employees on the peer interview teams are secretly supporting interview candidates who are their friends. Outsiders, minorities, non-traditional nurses who haven't been nurses "all their lives" are unfairly eliminated.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The company does not care one iota about its employees.

Augusta, ME

ProsPay is average. My particular unit's manager & staff is amazing & friendly. Time off is fair. There are always openings, so its easy to get into.

ConsInsurance is terrible, decisions are arbitrary, staff turnover is high. When asking other departments about job openings, no one ever gets back to you.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo with an outside insurer rather then the current self-insured model for better coverage that staff can actually use. Offer incentives to retain staff - either raises, gifts, perks, anything really to show staff they matter.

Nepotism is rampant in kennebec valley

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Waterville, ME

ProsVery small hospital, intimate environment.

ConsThere is no real privacy. Everyone knows everyone,so if you have something done, someone inside the hospital will gossip.Forget about professionalism either.since the people who have higher positions such as supervisor or manager got to their position by never leaving the area, not because they are actually good at what they do.

Advice to Senior ManagementNotice when a department has a high turnover rate. When there are repeated complaints about the manager or supervisor, AND there is a high employee turnover rate, that should be a big indicator of internal problems.

Amazing team of professionals

Multimedia Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Augusta, ME

ProsFun and easy to work with. Professional environment and great forward-thinking folks.

ConsUnfortunately the IT department is filled with pretentious and apathetic folks.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't take the marketing department for granted! They are the external voice for any business!!

MaineGeneral Medical Center RN salary

Augusta, ME

ProsCustomer service is very important to this company.

ConsThe computer system can be difficult to use.

No money for hard workers

ProsThis organization is building a new regional hospital with new technology

ConsDon't expect to be paid what your worth

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't just say you want to reward your hardest and best workers. Stsrt paying them what they are worth because some awsome people are starting tq leave

Worked for MaineGeneral Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MaineGeneral Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MaineGeneral Health CEO Chuck Hays. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by MaineGeneral Health employees.