Mainline Information Systems

Updated Apr 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Richard S. Kearney

You get back what you put in....

Sales (Current Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsVery charity/ community minded company. Most people are hired with experience and paid for that experience, very little micro management. You have the access to upper management to make things happen quickly. You have every opportunity to make a great career for yourself.

ConsIf you like a lot of structure and rules, this may not be the place for you. Although every kind of product training is available, there is little process training. The people that build relationships and are diligent about learning the processes on their own do well at Mainline.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe hold a Quarterly Review Call to keep everyone on the same page with the company objectives and how large vendor announcements effect the business.

All boys club.

Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsManagement lets you do your job with little hassle.

ConsIt's an all boys club and if your not part of the in crowd, you will get tossed aside.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop picking favorites.

Was a great company, sort of lost the way.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAgile, and quick to solve problems. Know and understand how to sell. Aggressive with all things sales related. Inclusive of engineering talent

ConsTurbulent at times. Leadership can change directions too quickly sometimes without seeing the merit of the path they were headed down.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company

Product Manager (Former Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsGood pay, excellent staff, flexible work environment. This is a lead follow or get out of the way employer.

Consdirect management could give subordinates a little more direction. define expectations a bit more.

Advice to Senior Managementdefine expectations of staff a bit more. Provide mentors to new employees.

Challenging contract PM postion directing IT projects including AD Migration and VDI projects for large enterprise custo

Program Manager (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsMany different types of opportunities and an evolving Service Delivery organization

ConsProject leadership contention with sales

Advice to Senior ManagementCome to an agreement of how projects will be run and staffed

Not a good experience

Account Executive (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsThe salary and pay is about average if you succeed. You also don't have to work in an office and can work from home.

ConsThere is no way that you can trust the senior leadership at this company. Most of them are just yes men, or even worse, they are political animals. The area leaders, at least in my geography, are just plain incompetent!

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house of almost all of the executive team. Sell out to a larger company who can run things professionaly

Run by Admin. not Sales

Account Executive (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsGood tech skills, great support

ConsCutback in salespeople, sales run by people who've never sold

Advice to Senior ManagementHave Sales run by people who've sold

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsComfortable work environment, decent salaries, friendly co-workers, performance incentives, fun events.

ConsOver the last year or so, the workforce has been trimmed a bit, but that's due to increased demands of the poor economy.

They had tremendous opportunity to succeed, but are missing out due to poor senior management.

Account Executive (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsWork flexibility and benefits are good, and the opportunity to make money is good if you can bring large, established clients with you.

ConsAfter a misguided and poorly calculated management reorganization, the company seemed to fumble the ball and was never able to hire any decent technical staff members in the area. There is way too much political garbage at the company and the senior management team is mostly incompetent. If you cannot bring clients with you and succeed quickly, you will die on the vine. My former manager never did a single thing to help out anyone on the team and he wasted his entire day going through forecasts and kissing up to our major vendor (IBM).

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should have never reorganized the region and the management team that you put in place is incompetent. I think you should give the employees some kind of incentive like stock options or profit sharing so that all the employees are working towards common goals.

Promising, but turned out to be average

Director (Current Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsSmall enough to get things done

Conscontinually cutting back on perks, also changing culture

Advice to Senior Managementnothing to say really...........

Worked for Mainline Information Systems? Contribute to the Community!