Mainstream Merchant Services Reviews

Jay Vignale

1. Fantastic opportunities for new and experienced agents

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Redford, MI
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Redford, MI

I have been working at Mainstream Merchant Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people at MainStream Merchant Services are incredible to work with. I was hired in as a Regional Sales Manager and every level of the company from the CEO and Corporate staff to managers in the field will do everything they can to help you succeed.

Cons

The only con I had ever heard from reviews was lack of a training program, but MainStream now has a module based training being rolled out to agents in the field.

Advice to Management

Thanks to management for delivering an ethical company that really cares for and takes care of its merchants yet still provides optimal opportunities for compensation and growth.

2. Top-Notch Work Environment

I have been working at Mainstream Merchant Services

Pros

Upper Management sincerely cares about everyone's success. Sales team is always willing to help one another reach company goals through group emails and collaboration. Corporate is always listening for what they can do better. When a sales member gives them advice, they listen and improve anyway they can. This is truly the best work environment I have ever been a part of. It is a bit rare to see this type of care and benefit packages in this industry. I definitely look to retire here!

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. All of the new additions to MainStream have only added to the positive vibe and growth here.

3. Positive Industry Experience!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Mainstream Merchant Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Positive Energetic People - Top Down
    Experienced Sales Management and Veteran Sales
    Late Next Day Funding Window is great
    Opt Blue in effect for merchants
    Top Paying Comp and Residuals on everything.
    Great sales portal to track sales and payments, merchant caller tracking

Cons

Need a couple more products to add on like payroll.

Advice to Management

Keep believing in the salespeople and knowing that the answers lie within the feet on the street.

The proofs been in the pudding!

I have been working at Mainstream Merchant Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Just to show how upper management listens to its reps, on of the responses in the "advice to management" section was to have a sales meeting and bring all the reps to Georgia to see the new corp office and hang out with other reps from across the US. Well in Sept they did just that. We all flew in for a few days and had an absolute blast. Also, we've been asking for a terminal placement program that doesn't offer free terminals and then add a bunch of fees elsewhere to make up for it and we just got that too. We didn't like having to charge merchants for mobile swipers and now we give them away too! So if you're wondering why we all give this company 5 starts, these are just some of the reasons. This company is the real deal.

Cons

Could use a more unified training program for newer reps but obviously that hasn't been a huge issue as the company tends to attract more experienced reps.

Advice to Management

Stay the course and full steam ahead!

Mainstream is at the forefront of superior customer service and equipping their sales force with the tools to succeed

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Agent portal is best in the industry- You are constantly in the loop from the time a deal is submitted until installation. W2 model that actually works- With superior management talent and a monthly expense allotment sales professionals are given a great opportunity to build a career. Monthly cash incentives and higher residual payouts than W2 industry competitors make this the best compensation plan in the industry. Flexible upper management allows the company to adapt to ever present changes in the industry. Sales support and customer support professionals all have extensive experience in the industry. Managers have a very good track record of helping qualified candidates get vested compared to other competitor firms in the industry. Managers work at developing partnerships and banking alliances that develop lead generation for their sales professionals. 401K, Health, Dental, Vision, FSA, 50K in Life Insurance and Incentive Trips all add to the attractiveness of this company.

Cons

For some a remote sales job can be challenging. You need to have maturity, drive, and discipline to succeed in this industry.

Advice to Management

Continue to increase your national reach in the industry sector. Be selective in management hirings so that you can strategically develop geographical areas. Branch out recruiting support to other venues and social media sites- Linked In. Continue the culture that is in place- Everyone is on the same team and not pitted against each other. Continue the team approach where a question is never unanswered and an e-mail never not replied to.

Veteran in the payments industry gives Mainstream 5 stars!

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Not too big, but small enough that everyone knows your name and actually cares about you and your success. Having worked for the industry big boys for nearly 20 years, I can honestly say Mainstream is on the right path and has the best comp plan I've seen. Although a young company, the management team has already proven to me that they actually listen. This is not a company who micro-manages you to death with reports, endless conference calls and meetings. Rather, they employ experienced professionals who have already achieved success in this industry and are more than willing to help the sales force succeed. Paperwork is simplified, help desk answers the phone, is courteous, professional, pricing is flexible, good benefits and weekly paychecks.

Cons

This is a work-from-home environment and if you don't know how to manage your time well, you will not achieve success. Mainstream has yet to establish themselves as a contender, but they are laser focused and it won't be long. Good to be in on the ground floor and see Mainstream grow every day.

Advice to Management

I can see that management is willing to do whatever it takes to become the best processor. Having worked for 3 of the largest processors, I am most impressed with the communication and desire to succeed exemplified by management. Keep it up!

Mainstream Merchant Services Response

Oct 28, 2014VP of Sales

We are glad to hear your great comments and advice. We hope to continue to grow MainStream with the same mentality and hard work as when we started.

amazing opportunity to learn from experts

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Kansas City, KS

Pros

veteran sales leaders and sales professionals always assisting one another, up to date products and solutions, amazing sales website to track customers for retention and sales, great pay structure compared to other tricks I have seen out there, easy to understand statements and clarity of pricing with interchange plus models with no bogus or silly monthly fees, Next day funding and one point are awesome and can't wait till the new products are released.

Cons

would like to have more time to learn from those who are already successful since I have been in the industry under a year, have a corporate meeting to see headquarters in Georgia to see the operation. That would be cool.

Advice to Management

bring us to Atlanta to see the company, especially as a rookie. I like how you manage to make it feel like family and it would be nice to actually meet everyone behind the scenes who are so helpful.

Mainstream is ready to you the keys for success.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Central Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Central Valley, CA

Pros

Anyone looking to get back what you put in should work here. Mainstream gives you direct access to professionals who share their vast well of knowledge to anyone wanting to know this industry and want to thrive. They let you run your business at your pace and don't do any counter productive policies or micromanage. They always want the employees feedback on what can be done better or what seems to work different. No egos! Fixed pricing for my customers has given me the best way to keep my customer happy.

Cons

Still a young small company. Can't always offer what some of the larger processors can in regards to promotions to new customers, but makes up for this by still able to match or beat them on fixed competitive pricing & great customer service.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in new technologies.

Outside Sales- ATL

I worked at Mainstream Merchant Services

Pros

Great environment and knowledge at your fingertips. Many experienced people are working you - Great product selection.

Cons

Need more team meetings or visits. Even More training materials consolidated.

Advice to Management

Enjoyed my sales career here until I became a stay at home mom. Keep doing what you were doing.cant wait till I'm back full .

The very best Visa / MasterCard processing company to work with Hands down.

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Rancho San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Rancho San Diego, CA

Pros

Are able to compete with banks by offering interchange Plus pricing with NEXT DAY FUNDING WITH 9 PM CUT OFF!

Cons

The company is not located in the west coast, so you are working on Georgia time.

Advice to Management

Keep coming up with great bonus programs and incentives to keep us motivated.

RSS Feed </> Embed