Mainstream Merchant Services

Updated August 3, 2014
5.0

Mainstream Merchant Services President Jay Vignale
Jay Vignale

Mainstream is at the forefront of superior customer service and equipping their sales force with the tools to succeed

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Mainstream Merchant Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Agent portal is best in the industry- You are constantly in the loop from the time a deal is submitted until installation. W2 model that actually works- With superior management talent and a monthly expense allotment sales professionals are given a great opportunity to build a career. Monthly cash incentives and higher residual payouts than W2 industry competitors make this the best compensation plan in the industry. Flexible upper management allows the company to adapt to ever present changes in the industry. Sales support and customer support professionals all have extensive experience in the industry. Managers have a very good track record of helping qualified candidates get vested compared to other competitor firms in the industry. Managers work at developing partnerships and banking alliances that develop lead generation for their sales professionals. 401K, Health, Dental, Vision, FSA, 50K in Life Insurance and Incentive Trips all add to the attractiveness of this company.

Cons

For some a remote sales job can be challenging. You need to have maturity, drive, and discipline to succeed in this industry.

Continue to increase your national reach in the industry sector. Be selective in management hirings so that you can strategically develop geographical areas. Branch out recruiting support to other venues and social media sites- Linked In. Continue the culture that is in place- Everyone is on the same team and not pitted against each other. Continue the team approach where a question is never unanswered and an e-mail never not replied to.

Veteran in the payments industry gives Mainstream 5 stars!

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Not too big, but small enough that everyone knows your name and actually cares about you and your success. Having worked for the industry big boys for nearly 20 years, I can honestly say Mainstream is on the right path and has the best comp plan I've seen. Although a young company, the management team has already proven to me that they actually listen. This is not a company who micro-manages you to death with reports, endless conference calls and meetings. Rather, they employ experienced professionals who have already achieved success in this industry and are more than willing to help the sales force succeed. Paperwork is simplified, help desk answers the phone, is courteous, professional, pricing is flexible, good benefits and weekly paychecks.

Cons

This is a work-from-home environment and if you don't know how to manage your time well, you will not achieve success. Mainstream has yet to establish themselves as a contender, but they are laser focused and it won't be long. Good to be in on the ground floor and see Mainstream grow every day.

I can see that management is willing to do whatever it takes to become the best processor. Having worked for 3 of the largest processors, I am most impressed with the communication and desire to succeed exemplified by management. Keep it up!

amazing opportunity to learn from experts

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Kansas City, KS

Pros

veteran sales leaders and sales professionals always assisting one another, up to date products and solutions, amazing sales website to track customers for retention and sales, great pay structure compared to other tricks I have seen out there, easy to understand statements and clarity of pricing with interchange plus models with no bogus or silly monthly fees, Next day funding and one point are awesome and can't wait till the new products are released.

Cons

would like to have more time to learn from those who are already successful since I have been in the industry under a year, have a corporate meeting to see headquarters in Georgia to see the operation. That would be cool.

bring us to Atlanta to see the company, especially as a rookie. I like how you manage to make it feel like family and it would be nice to actually meet everyone behind the scenes who are so helpful.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mainstream is ready to you the keys for success.

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Central Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Central Valley, CA

I have been working at Mainstream Merchant Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Anyone looking to get back what you put in should work here. Mainstream gives you direct access to professionals who share their vast well of knowledge to anyone wanting to know this industry and want to thrive. They let you run your business at your pace and don't do any counter productive policies or micromanage. They always want the employees feedback on what can be done better or what seems to work different. No egos! Fixed pricing for my customers has given me the best way to keep my customer happy.

Cons

Still a young small company. Can't always offer what some of the larger processors can in regards to promotions to new customers, but makes up for this by still able to match or beat them on fixed competitive pricing & great customer service.

Keep investing in new technologies.

A very rare find!

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Mainstream Merchant Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great comp plan and managers that actually care about their reps...literally. I've been in the industry for over 6 years and with the other companies I was at, when management called you, you'd avoid talking to them. Here however, you enjoy talking with them and they are ALWAYS wanting to hear from US on how to continually make things better. The other big plus is all management believes in family first, no matter what. Comp plans are important but they don't mean a thing if you don't have a solid ethical management staff around you. All these posts are anonymous so we can say whatever we want and there's a reason you don't see negative comments, its not by accident.

Cons

company doesn't match 401k contributions.

A unified training program would be a nice addition to what we're doing for those that might be newer. Make sure all reps know the Mainstream story from its inception.

Thankful to have found this career!

Pros

Im going on 3 years working at Mainstream and I have nothing but positive things to say. No company is perfect but this one at least strives to be. When issues arise everyone pitches in to help, no matter their job title. This is a smaller company with the abilities of a large company. I know this from past experience. There is no gimmicks or tricks to this company. They are straightforward and upfront about their everything. Im glad to have a career where I enjoy coming to work everyday and I plan on being here to enjoy the successes of Mainstream.

Cons

No cons here.

Please continue to keep the "community" type atmosphere between all of the employees and management.

Outside Sales- ATL

I worked at Mainstream Merchant Services

Pros

Great environment and knowledge at your fingertips. Many experienced people are working you - Great product selection.

Cons

Need more team meetings or visits. Even More training materials consolidated.

Enjoyed my sales career here until I became a stay at home mom. Keep doing what you were doing.cant wait till I'm back full .

A company that cares about its employees and customers!

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Mainstream Merchant Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The management team at Mainstream has a tremendous amount of experience. They understand what its like to be in the field and are always willing to take any suggestions from employees. There is no micro-managing, youre allowed to work at your own pace, The comp plan is one of the best in the industry and their is plenty of opportunity for career growth. Ive worked here for 6 years and they have never had a rate increase for its customers. The customers and employees both seem to stay with MainStream for a very long time because when you find a good company in this industry you stay with them. Im looking forward to many years to come.

Cons

I cant think of anything negative to say.

Keep on the same track you are on and success is inevitable!

The very best Visa / MasterCard processing company to work with Hands down.

Current Employee - Sales Agent  in  Rancho San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Rancho San Diego, CA

Pros

Are able to compete with banks by offering interchange Plus pricing with NEXT DAY FUNDING WITH 9 PM CUT OFF!

Cons

The company is not located in the west coast, so you are working on Georgia time.

Keep coming up with great bonus programs and incentives to keep us motivated.

Owners & Managers who really know this Business, with a Veteran Sales Group, Big Payouts, Motivation & Vast Knowledge

Current Employee - Sales  in  Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Sales in Kansas City, MO

Pros

Straight Forward Pricing. Full Price Disclosure. Interchange Plus with NEXT DAY FUNDING WITH 9 PM CUT OFF! NO REPORTING DAILY TO MANAGERS Control you from behind a desk and a telephone at 5pm. THe service and technical team in Atlanta is superb and should be commended for their tremendous amount of talent. Point Incentive. Signing Bonuses. Lifetime Residuals. Survivorship. Additional Monthly Bonus Payouts Additionally Paid with incentives. Company Trips for performances! Senior Management actually understands what it is like to be in sales because they were TOP producers previously and could sell tomorrow if need be. THEY WALK AND TALK OUR LANGUAGE. Own their own BIN. Super fun enviroment with young management team and sales managers who have several years of sales management experience to play off of. You control your own destiny at a company like this and this young.

Cons

Have a training program to bring together our group more often because I see this company as one to watch for in the future. It appears that though small, it is one with power behind it that is creeping behind in the shadows that no one can see, which can be very dangerous to the competition with the players involved here. Very fun.

Keep doing what you are doing and do not sell out to the top 5 because this is a unique brand. I started within the last year and have been loving my new found career at Mainstream and learning every day off of the great team in place and the veteran managers here are this company's strength and the servicing and technical team are amazing here.

Worked for Mainstream Merchant Services? Contribute to the Community!