Major League Baseball Reviews

Robert A. DuPuy

Good Company with Great Coworkers

Current Employee - Freelance BA  in  Secaucus, NJ
    Current Employee - Freelance BA in Secaucus, NJ

I have been working at Major League Baseball as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Coworkers are great and the ability to take on lots of responsibility. How bad could it be to watch baseball for a living?

Cons

Work schedule and backlog of talent in production staff. There are many places that are worse, but if you can get over the nature of the business and you love baseball, then this place is good for you.

Summer Finance Intern

Former Employee - Summer Finance Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Summer Finance Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Major League Baseball as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Relaxed environment, the full time employees are generally speaking very warm to the interns. With weekly speeches and various department lunches, MLB definitely tries to make the experience as informative as they can.

Cons

Not enough work given to the interns. I realize to some this may be ideal but at least for me it was too little to the point where the days would last a lifetime because you had nothing to do. That probably is localized to my experience however, which im sure is the case.

Amazing work environment with a strong value for interns

Current Employee - Intern  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at Major League Baseball as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Interns attend "lunch and learn" events where they hear a presentation from an Executive Vice President. Presentation topics vary on the EVP's position, but all of them give advice on how to further your career and make the best out of your time here. Very inspiring and intelligent people that take the time out of their day to speak to the interns.

Cons

None so far! This is my fifth internship and it's been the best so far. We don't do typical intern work (filing, getting coffee, etc..) You actually learn and work like you would at a full-time job.

Make sure the supervisor is a good mentor for the intern. I couldn't imagine a better supervisor than the one I have now and I just hope that other interns get the same experience as I am.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A nice season

Former Employee - Freelancer  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Freelancer in New York, NY

I worked at Major League Baseball as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Fun work environment. People are passionate about their jobs. Great learning experience in fast-paced, action packed office . If you enjoy baseball / enthusiastic coworkers with encyclopedic knowledge, this place is awesome.

Cons

No Cons that aren't found in most workplaces. Communications between departments could be better. Sometimes felt like just a cog in the wheel, with little chance of job mobility.

System Administrator

Former Employee - Systems Administrator  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in New York, NY

I worked at Major League Baseball full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Absolutely a dream job, especially if you love baseball

Cons

Pay is not up with industry standards. Change is very slow.

Keep the good/loyal employees!!

Great exposure to the business of sports

Current Employee - Intern
    Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at Major League Baseball as an intern

Pros

Very easy-going workplace. Very comfortable here. Great baseball experiences are offered.

Cons

Almost no room for growth. Many positions are filled up by people who've been here for a long time.

Consider working more effectively by adopting agile methods in all aspects of business operations.

It has been a wonderful experience

Current Employee - PitchFX Operator/Field Tech Coordinator  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - PitchFX Operator/Field Tech Coordinator in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Major League Baseball part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Pay, working hours are easy and keeps your personal life.

Cons

No health insurance and not much advancement right now.

Media Management and Production Internship at MLB Network

Former Employee - Media Management and Post Production Intern  in  Secaucus, NJ
    Former Employee - Media Management and Post Production Intern in Secaucus, NJ

I worked at Major League Baseball as an intern for more than a year

Pros

Very laid-back and fun working environment. I looked forward to going to work each day. Co-workers are very fostering and helpful. The size of the company is such that a strong culture within the company develops and everyone is familiar with each other. Pay is reasonable, work life balance is strongly encouraged, time off is easy to acquire. The company usually takes the interns out on at least one outing during the season which adds to the overall positive experience.

Cons

My internship was in the summer and most of the work is done inside. There aren't many cons aside from spending most of the summer indoors and the occasional day with a short list of tasks to complete.

Management is satisfactory.

Working at MLB

Former Employee - Director, Supplier Diversity  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director, Supplier Diversity in New York, NY

I worked at Major League Baseball for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent working environment, and great benefits.

Cons

Limited vertical mobility, but plenty of lateral opportunity.

Internship

Former Employee - Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Major League Baseball as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Best thing about it would have to be hands on experience and ability to learn every sector of whatever sector your interning in.

Cons

For me personally the hours were pretty insane. Although I brought that on myself and wanted to succeed and show them what I could do.

Nothing. The staff I worked with was phenomenal in making me feel part of the team.

Worked for Major League Baseball? Contribute to the Community!