Major Players Reviews

3.6
Jack Gratton

1. Great fun, progressive recruiter

I worked at Major Players

Pros

Really forward thinking, great plans and I believe they will achieve them. Really suits people with enthusiasm and a real will to succeed.

Cons

Not for shrinking violets or those looking for an easy life

Advice to Management

Keep going trying to change the face of Creative recruitment

2. needs to move with the times

I worked at Major Players

Pros

Strong leadership team consisting of some of the most experienced in their game.
    Amazing office with all the mod cons that appeal to most recruiters!
    Great Location

Cons

Modern image but an archaic/sweatshop culture
    hire fire
    Schizophrenic MD
    carries too many average recruiters seemingly unable to produce what's needed

Advice to Management

stick to strategy instead of remodelling every time it doesn't work

3. Progressive, creative and super fun culture

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Major Players full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its a really progressive company, that is growing rapidly and investing loads into its developing its staff and making itself the best creative recruiter out there..
    I feel really valued at Major Players and unlike alot of boutique recruitment companies out there, there is real career progression available..
    There is no top drawering, or hogging of clients etc... Everyone is so helpful to each other and works together to build a better company.
    Socially its great, there is a bar in the office and dj decks, bacon sarnies and biccies - there is a real social vibe to the whole business, not your typical recruitment company..

Cons

Like any company out there that wants to grow and be successful there are targets in place but I wouldnt say they are over the top... they are achievable and still in line with making sure people work really effectively but with integrity...

I wouldn't recommend Major Players to someone who just wants to coast by and not do much, its a really transparent environment and its a progressive business that is driving creative recruitment forward so you have to be driven to work here... I believe last year a significant amount of people left because they weren't committed to driving the business forward.

Advice to Management

Training is really important for new recruiters and the training here at Major Players is way better than it used to be.. Its now a 2 week induction course. I think that all consultants junior or senior should take part.
    Work life balance is good (as good as it can be in recruitment)
    The benefits scheme seems good and better than alot of other recruiters out there.

5. A fun, creative and enjoyable recruitment consultancy environment

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Major Players

Pros

During my time at MPL, back in the early noughties, it was staffed by ex-industry professionals who were relaxed, creatrive and godo fun - the social scene was fantastic and the woirking culture was very relaxed. The work ethics were strong, which attracted me and they stuck to their word when it came to ethical recruitment.

Cons

At times some of the management showed a level of unprofessionalism towards members of staff and that would ocassionally erupt in to political issues. Basic salaries were not very high and the bonus system did not seem to be particularly great.

Advice to Management

Hold on to the creative approach, the relaxed feel and the ex-industry consultants.

RSS Feed </> Embed