Makerbot

Makerbot Reviews

Updated Jun 27, 2014

Bre Pettis

always exciting

Proslots of opportunity for growth, some of the most amazing people to work with, 3D printing is super cool

Consrollercoaster internally, spend a lot of time working including after hours and work travel

MakerBot is an exciting company. It is great to be working for a company who is leading the next industrial revolution

ProsMakerBot is a company that inspires creativity, innovation and a great working environment. It is great to be part of a company that is growing and expanding and having an incredibile impact of the lives of many; especially the future of our children in the areas such as science, technology, engineering and manufacturing.

ConsMakerBot requires long hours and hard work but that is also what makes the company great.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep engineering great products and innovation that will continue to change the future.

Amazing Opportunity

Pros- Chance to get real experience in a dynamic industry
    - Fun office and atmosphere; great co-workers
    - Approachable upper level management/leadership team (perks of a start-up)
    - Employee rewards for hard work

Cons- Salary isn't great if you're not in a high-level position, but it's worth the pay cut to get a foot in the door of this innovative company and industry

Advice to Senior Management- Continue to notice and reward employees who are doing well and working hard
    - Sponsor training for all employees in every department

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

See potential and help push you forward

ProsIf they see you are a hard worker, willing to learn, MakerBot will help you grow and develop.

ConsWith quick growth comes change and change isn't always easy for everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick with it and keep growing and trying new things.

Great Place to Work

ProsLeading edge technology - in a developing marketplace. Opportunities everywhere.

ConsCrazy startup, lots going on, growing like mad.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course - hang on and great things are coming your way

Design

ProsI report to a wonderful person

ConsThe company is still growing

A phenomenal opportunity to be apart of an industry leading company in a cutting edge technology.

ProsOne of the biggest things that makes a company a great place to work are the colleagues that you collaborate with everyday. We've got some brilliant and fun loving individuals.

ConsThere's always more work to do, so it's important for employees to maintain a healthy work/life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's definitely valuable to continue to foster the culture and appreciation for all your employees.

Great Company doing amazing things

Pros-Really great group of people that work here
    -Office environment is nice
    -Good work culture

Cons-Quick growth can create lots of change which isn't easy for everyone

Advice to Senior Management-When companies grow quickly communication with employees is key
    -Recognize those doing exceptional work. Positive reinforcement and recognition for a job well done go a long way

Love the emphasis on culture at MakerBot

ProsManagement is focused on making sure that employees are both a good fit with their supervisors and their teams; that makes for a very aligned atmosphere. I feel respected and acknowledged and excited to be working in such a creative and energetic company.

ConsGrowing pains but I really believe it will lead to all good things.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on recognizing your employees for their hard work--it does make a difference!

Hard to describe

Software (Former Employee) Brooklyn, NY

ProsNice, intelligent people all around.
    Usually friendly atmosphere.
    Great place to inspire and excite own ideas.

ConsSomewhat paternalistic developments.
    Difficulties for me to associate with the brand itself.
    Not a great place to associate yourself with your own work.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare more within the company and have checks and balances be more distributed.
    And give back more to the community/work more with the community.

Worked for Makerbot? Contribute to the Community!