Makosi

Be The First To
Add Photos

Makosi CEO Darren Isaacs

Darren Isaacs

Good opportunities, real good people

Project Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosaccessible management team
    work life balance
    focus on fun

ConsLong dates projects can become tiresome. Guess it beats not having a project...

Advice to Senior ManagementStay focused on quality. It's worked so far.

high visibility of management, good communication

Vice President (Current Employee)

Prossome high profile opportunities if you have the background to deliver. competitive rates and subsidized benefits upon placement

Consrelatively new firm. firm moving from staff aug to knowledge lead consultancy.

Advice to Senior Managementdevelop your consultants to add expertise

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Makosi set me up with the career of my dreams

Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY

Pros- Competitive pay
    - Friendly staff
    - Opportunities with great companies

Cons- Cumbersome timesheet submittal process

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good opportunities with a young, growing organisation.

(Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros* Great management, personable, professional and genuinely interested in their people
    * Good and varied placement opportunities
    * Professional and social networking
    * Rapdily growing consultant and client basis

Cons* Small company infrastructure
    * Lesser known market brand, sometimes perceived as recruiter
    * Strong company push for use of social media to increase brand awareness which is good for business but not good for keeping a low personal profile online

Advice to Senior ManagementInterview process could improve with better communication.

Great Company, Fun People, Good Assignments

Collateral and Spreadsheet Guru (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

Pros- Great group of coworkers that are intelligent and hardworking.
    - Frequent company/social events where you meet other employees
    - Wide base of international assignments and opportunities.
    - Career flexibility to go from project to project.

Cons-No cons other than website makes you list cons to submit review.

Makosi achieves success through relationships in which they invest time and energy to build, maintain and nurture.

Derivative Ops, Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsExpect challenging interviews at Makosi but if you clear the rigorous process they will work hard to advance your career. Although I was not hired on their first attempt to place me, they were encouraging and followed through with another opportunity which proved ideal. Once on a project, they made sure I was acquainted with other Makosi staff working at my location who could offer advice and guidance. Makosi made frequent contact to assess how the assignment was going and offered suggestions for improvement. They cultivate a supportive environment, offering a variety of benefits and career development programs. They sponsor frequent outings for fun but also for the opportunity to discuss assignments in a relaxed setting to make sure that their people are happy and the goals of the assignment are achieved. Makosi motivates their consultants by staying connected throughout the duration of the project.

ConsMakosi is careful to select the right candidate for an assignment. The interview process is thorough which will disappoint many prospective candidates.

Makosi is a consulting firm committed to its people and to successfully executing project work.

Senior Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsMakosi takes pride in practicing what they preach: being a personal, dependable, people business. The leadership strongly supports their employees' professional growth through continuous training, and proponents of fostering the right work-life balance.

ConsAs a boutique firm, Makosi lacks reach and variety within its clientele portfolio. Project work is limited to several of the G15 financial institutions. While the nature of the business is to support clients' workflow on-site, it is difficult to cultivate a sense of "team" as employees are integrated amongst different firms at a variety of locations.

Growing company; Great people; Awesome experience

(Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros1. Unlike big corporation, Makosi Management cares about their consultant. They make their best effort to address concerns from their consultant.
    2.Many many training programs available for their employees. As long as you are willing to learn, they are willing to help.
    3. Steady growing in US. I have see a growth number of consultant and a growth number of clients with Makosi.
    4. Delivery focused. Consultants focus on the delivery of the project at client's site and don't need to worry about office policies at workplace.
    5. Flexibility: Makosi have projects in many areas in financial industry. I won't be stucked with a job I don't like. I can learn different aspect of IB via different projects.

ConsLong hours for certain projects

Advice to Senior ManagementMore global presence?

"Makosi is a company built upon great leaders. Everyone could learn a thing or two from each Makosi Senior Leader"

Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsMakosi is proficient at establishing and cultivating relationships both with its employees and on-site managers. The company demonstrates genuine interest and trust in its employees especially with regards to career progression and training goals. Makosi facilitates a friendly and sociable environment, which is stimulating and motivating.

ConsI enjoy promoting the Makosi brand, however I would feel more comfortable endorsing the firm in other ways other than the prerequisite, social media.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for the ongoing support from the senior leaders, the opportunities thus far with the firm, and for all the fun social events!

Makosi is a company led by inspirational people who recognise their staff for who they are and appreciate what they do.

Senior Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsMakosi is not only a fun company to work for but they are very motivational and encouraging. They are attentive to their staff needs. Makosi is a very rewarding place to work for. Constantly offering staff opportunities to better themselves in various aspects of the industry.

ConsMandatory use of social media to enforce Makosi. I am more than happy to promote the Makosi brand, I just prefer to use my own methods of communication.

Worked for Makosi? Contribute to the Community!