Makotek Reviews

Updated June 22, 2014
Updated June 22, 2014
2.8

Rick Beltz

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Field Tech  in  Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Field Tech in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Makotek full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you're will to work hard you can make great money. My manager John Delaney has gone out of his way to help me when needed.

Cons

Long hours use of own truck. Dispatch sucks

Get management that can do something with dispatch

favoritism among the owner a management

Former Employee - Field Tech  in  Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Field Tech in Louisville, KY

I worked at Makotek full-time for more than a year

Pros

Income was paid on disconnect, box pick up, collection

Cons

use own truck, low pay on disconnect, long hours six day week

grow up

Decent Place to Work, Ineffective Upper Management.

I worked at Makotek part-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay was decent, the local management (in my office) was excellent, and the technicians I worked with were friendly and easy to work with. The tools provided for the job were above average and the duties assigned fit the job (extra work for work's sake was not piled on). The job itself was difficult and fast paced, which was not boring. My General Manager was promoted from within the office and from the technicians, rather than hired from outside; thus, he knew the business and his subordinates extremely well.

Cons

The management at upper levels were not hostile, but neither were they friendly or interested in making employees feel welcome or even useful. Minor, infrequent mistakes were met by these management levels with hostility more appropriate for major violations of company policy. Praise of any sort from these levels for work which was excellent or "above the call of duty" was completely nonexistent, despite numerous and regular face-to-face opportunities.

Contrary to both scientific study and real-time, in-office evidence, ranking systems for the technicians were used to the detriment of their growth as employees as well as within the company. Management at upper levels seemed unable to understand that technicians sent to the poorest parts of the service areas, in a rotten economy, were less likely to get payments than those sent to more affluent sections.

Employees notice when those in upper management do not seem to regard employees or their work as important, and the effect it has on morale is considerable. It seems inconsiderate at best, rude and hostile at worst. The ranking systems do not, in fact, improve overall performance, and there are numerous scientific studies in multiple work environments which prove this conclusively.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A paycheck

Former Employee - Technician/Management  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Technician/Management in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Makotek full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You can make a decent wage. There is some freedom with time and the work is enjoyable

Cons

Decent initial investment. Use your own vehicle. Management does not use much as far as incentive. Not much for time off. No room to grow. They will not allow you to collect unemployment if you do not make it.

Treat employees like a human and an asset. Make them feel valuable. Hunting lower performers brings down moral. Set standards and consequences and expect them to be met but also set up incentive to over achieve. Fighting every unemployment case makes you look like a bully.

Worked for Makotek? Contribute to the Community!