Maldonado Medical Reviews

1.6
Brandon J Maldonado

1. Account Manager

I worked at Maldonado Medical full-time

Pros

-Flexible schedule -Autonomous -Helping people get better

Cons

-Unorganized management -Blind to what is really happening with the company -Lots of windshield time

2. Territory Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Maldonado Medical (More than 3 years)

Pros

They will give about any warm body a chance. If you have a need or want to break into medical sales then this might be a good fit for you. If you are looking to get back into medical because of a hiatus then this might be the place for you. If you have low expectations of management at every level then this is the place for you. If you feel comfortable having a free wheeling philosophy on business ethics and in particular having a company dance on the line of anti-kick back laws without providing a clear directive of any safe harbor regarding their service then this is the place for you. If you want to put your career in the hands of owners and management that consider you a disposable resource then this is for you. If you want to work at a company that bills under DBA's so numerous it makes the head spin then this an opportunity for you. If you to want to work for a company that feels the need to change their name to American Surgical Development because Maldonado Medical had had so much mud slung at it, especially from an article in the LA Times by Lazarus in 2014 then by all means, this is the place for you.

Cons

Please refer to the above...

Advice to Management

Why would I waste my time giving them advice? It is a family run company and they feel no inherent need to take advice from anyone. They run this place like a fiefdom and no reasonable suggest or improvement will be taken into account unless it comes from the top.

3. Not a good company to work for at all

Former Employee - Pick Ups Driver in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Pick Ups Driver in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Maldonado Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Other than a few great co-workers I've met there that I now consider my friends, there are absolutely no pros about this company at all. A matter of fact, the only pro about this company is when it eventually goes out of business, which I'm certain will happen sometime in the near future. Oh, and the building has air conditioning.

Cons

Communication seems to be a big problem over there, especially with upper management. There isn't any accountability amongst the employees whatsoever. The employees who constantly make mistakes never receive corrective action or the proper training to do their jobs effectively while the employees who always do well has no choice but to put up with it. It is a classic case of the blind leading the blind at that place. There is a lot of favoritism there, especially amongst the male owners and managers and male employees. Even though the company is primarily made up of females, and most of their top employees are females, they are disregarded and looked down upon by ownership and upper management. I guess it's a lot easier for the male owners and managers to bully and intimidate women employees, which is the only thing they do well....just about everyone fears for their jobs almost on a daily basis. Their Human Resources Department is the worst I've ever experienced. They are just there to give everyone the illusion that there are people there who actually care, but they don't. Those meetings they hold every month are useless and uninformative at best. Thank you for the stale bagels and for wasting the employees precious time....that's 30 minutes a month they will never get back, and many months of disappointment for working at such a shady company.

Advice to Management

Stop pretending that you're this big time company that is filled with endless opportunities and who values their employees, because you're not. Stop hiring good employees and firing them for no reason, and stop treating the employees who still work there like garbage. Just because they don't want to be part of your favoritism club and conform to your crooked ways, doesn't mean that they should be treated with disrespect. Sell the company and get some owners and managers in there that actually care about their employees, and do it as soon as possible because time is quickly running out. You've already been exposed as the crooks that you are, hence the number of ongoing lawsuits against you. It's only a matter of time before the lights permanently go out at the Maldonado Medical offices. Unless of course the owners do something about it.

5. Pros and Cons

I worked at Maldonado Medical full-time

Pros

Great way to get your foot in the door with the medical device industry. Company car, phone, computer, IT support. High-pressure environment and long hours, so you're really prepared for future jobs. Everything else after this will seem like a piece of cake. And you'll make great relationships with doctors, nurses, and hospital/medical staff if you play your cards right.

Cons

So many empty promises. We all felt like we were racing towards the carrots they dangled, but never saw anything come to fruition. Made incredible friends with amazing, intelligent, and driven people who all eventually either lost motivation and couldn't take the abuse anymore, or were let go unnecessarily. I'm still friends with most of them, and we agree, that it could have been a great company in theory, but management is totally lacking maturity and respect for their employees. Everyone who left is so much happier and on to bigger and better things.

Advice to Management

It's time to take a long hard look at yourselves. You think you have, but you're nowhere near close. Need to hand over the company to more experienced and competent executives. How many more good employees and accounts do you want to lose?

6. Unequivocally most incompetent owners/management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Maldonado Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you want to work in a demeaning harassing environment this is the place for you!

Cons

Uneducated owners that expect everyone to buy into their self righteous beliefs and shady business practices. Require employees to work around the clock without compensation

Advice to Management

Your employees do not respect you or your barbarian family that stomp through the office beating their chests , swearing, harrassing and belittling your employees.

Liars

Former Employee - Administrative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Administrative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Maldonado Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't think of any...even the "friends" I made there turned out to be awful

Cons

Plenty! The business practices are totally unethical...they will be shut down I am sure. It's an illegal business. They talk like they are doing this for the "patient" but in reality it's all about $$$$. They offices are in absolute chaos , promises are made and NEVER followed through on. They ignore any concern or need of their general employees and shower their "favorites" with attention and love , when in reality I don't actually know what anyones real "job" is there. There's no training , rediculous micro management , and unethical firing of employees. Don't buy into the hype , it's all a joke , an absolute joke.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring nice , ethical people and bring them down to your level. You are crooks and will be put away someday.

I wouldn't recommend it.

Former Employee - Maldonado Medical
    Former Employee - Maldonado Medical

I worked at Maldonado Medical (More than a year)

Pros

It's a job and it pays the bills. There are a handful of really great employees at Maldonado. This made for a very pleasant work environment with a teamwork-type of atmosphere in it's separate departments. Working here can serve as a stepping stone for someone who is inspired to eventually move on to a much better opportunity and environment.

Cons

High turnover. Below average pay. 'Favoritism' is very tired game played here. A lot of promises broken. Management deliberately tricks people into doing an extra job for them, take on extra work, etc to help them out but do not provide compensation for that extra time and effort put in. Management will promise a raise to employees after a year but then NEVER follow through and give the employee the brush off when they inquire about it. Arrogance and belittlement is the feeling I would frequently get from all of the upper management members. It's an overused practice at Maldonado for management to quote ideas from other people and books and throw those quotes out at meetings, interviews, or just in conversation. It comes off as condescending and in turn makes the speaker look foolish as some of these quotes contradict themselves. Yes, we pay attention. :)

Advice to Management

Treat EVERYONE with respect and give ALL employees the same opportunity for growth. Put your money where your mouth is. Try coming up with some of your own original ideas and sharing those with your co-workers and employees. Management and department supervisors should be setting an example for their employees. Sitting in an office talking sports/girls/nonsense with the "favorites" (door open), laughing loud, and telling sexist jokes doesn't exactly inspire the "little people".

It started out great but was a horrible place to work

Former Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Maldonado Medical

Pros

Experience, weekends off, holidays off, some nice employees, hours

Cons

Management are bullies. Constant yelling by the owners. Illegal practices. They fire great employees. No communication at all. Constantly being watched.

Advice to Management

Get rid of your HR.

Most unprofessional and insensitive place in the world!

I worked at Maldonado Medical full-time

Pros

NOTHING GOOD ABOUT THIS PLACE

Cons

Owners instill fear to its employees, they do not treat anyone right. Operations are shady. Dictatorship style leadership, employees not able to voice concerns and if they do THEY GET FIRED for it. People are dealing with hostility created by managers and no room for growth unless you contorted to their way of thinking.

Advice to Management

Read a book on Management 101.

Great company .... A leader in its industry

I worked at Maldonado Medical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company trains it's employees under its leadership program .... Great tools were given to me for my career ..... After having spent three years there I was offered a job in a Fortune 500 company as a regional manger ..... Could not have done it with out you Maldonado Medical .....

Cons

Wishing I did not have to drive so far ..... But I life way on the east side of Phoenix .... But the commute was worth it

RSS Feed </> Embed