Maldonado Medical

Be The First To
Add Photos

Brandon J Maldonado

Great company .... A leader in its industry

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis company trains it's employees under its leadership program .... Great tools were given to me for my career ..... After having spent three years there I was offered a job in a Fortune 500 company as a regional manger ..... Could not have done it with out you Maldonado Medical .....

ConsWishing I did not have to drive so far ..... But I life way on the east side of Phoenix .... But the commute was worth it

Don't believe the hype

Account Manager (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

Prosautonomy, you're on your own, if you act dumb and lay low and under the radar, you'll get by just fine. good luck and don't ask questions or try to change anything

Consthere is no training, there is no support, there is no guidance, figure it out or get reprimanded. there are no real roles, people are put into places they shouldn't be and are clueless to purpose. Paranoia is the norm and the culture that you must embrace. changes are so common you have no idea what to expect. morale is uber low, ppl are miserable from being over worked and manipulated into thinking they have a career in their future. not a real medical company, just a capitialist venture, no patient advocacy whatsoever

Advice to Senior ManagementSELL YOUR COMPANY!

Officially, the worst 6 months of employment, ever.

Customer Service (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsCentrally located....
    Centrally located....
    Centrally located....
    That's all I've got. I can't even invent two things I enjoyed about this company, or management.

ConsEverything. Literally, everything.
    Low pay, uneducated management, constant meetings about meetings, lawsuit happy, unethical billing, constant paranoia among staff-for fear of being" let go" for arbitrary reasons, and the list goes on and on.

Advice to Senior ManagementShut the place down. Sell it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst work environment I've ever been a part of!

ProsThe positive reviews written "by management" were written by various employees who were told to write them by management basically the eating their jobs if they didn't write them, even though there is nothing positive about this company. Everyone fakes happy to the owners but as soon as they are gone people start talking behind their backs. "Greedy" "Fake" "Losers" to name a few. It's getting worse everyday I come in to work and I am generally a happy person. Sitting in my cube watching them ride around on their scooters like they are 5 yr olds while we all secretly make fun of them. This company is bad news with all the little scams they have going on billing outstanding amounts to various health care providers, no wonder they have so many in house lawyers. I'm just waiting to get out of here everyday along with the other 40 people that hate it here. No 401k, Bad health insurance, extremely bad pay, no raises etc. The owners pocket all of the money and spend it on big houses, trips, new cars and flaunt it in front of your face. Don't work here even if you have to. You will regret it. 10 people have recently quit some that have been with the company for years and found out how crooked these people really are.

ConsThe owners, family, pay, work environment

Advice to Senior ManagementStop kidding yourselves. Grow up.

Plenty of other places to work

Office (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsShort drive from my apartment to work. They don't let you work overtime so I could work another job at night. Nice office space and cubicle. IT fixes computer problems fast.

ConsLow pay, no room for promotions, same menial repetitive tasks, benefits were weak at best with no retirement, leadership seems to be poorly educated and poorly executed. Had to deal with young field reps who came and went like the wind and was stuck calling their patients apologizing a lot on their behalf.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a consulting company to improve the outlook for office staff to have room for growth.

8 hour day with 6 hour pay

Service Tech (Former Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsI did not have too much supervision being a service tech I just did my job cleaning the machines

ConsI knew I would never go anywhere and I wanted more for my family, pay was not good for such an expensive part of the country. no insurance for my family and no retirement plan benefits were better at any of my other jobs. My friends have much better benefits at their employers

Advice to Senior Managementset steps to move into higher level positions. I am a smart person with ideas and ways to make things better but no one listened. ultimately i wanted to be valued and treated with respect not just a worker

Best team environment I've ever been a part of!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsThe positive reviews "written by management" are pretty dead on as far as I'm concerned. I have not experienced anything or anyone at Maldonado Medical that would even for a fraction of a second make me consider agreeing with the negatives posted on here. It's been the best job in an office setting that I've ever had! I never feel uncomfortable to ask a question, and I was well-trained so I know exactly where to go and/or who to ask. I feel great when I'm at work! I never feel unmotivated there. Every day at the office, I find myself WANTING to do my job the best that it can be done, and striving to accomplish more than expected of me. It's been a positive environment for me! I learn something every day and find myself thinking about the company and how I can help continue its growth even on my personal down time. Maldonado is a great place to work! -ZERO AUTHORITY -"Just the help."

ConsSharing an office with angry, anonymous, negative nancy/s. It's comical, the authors of these posts are so upset about the work environment being "fake" yet I would have NEVER guessed coworkers felt these ugly things about the company! Everyone ACTS so friendly and happy for the most part... Who's "fake" now? We all have choices; patients to services, and you to your position(s). With choices come responsibilities and/or consequences. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. Maldonado does great things for patients just as well as there may be some casualties along the way. Unfortunately, that's business. All-in-all I CANNOT think of anything to list here.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on keepin on!

Not recommended from my standpoint

Patient Care (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsI did not have far to drive to work. My co workers at my level are all good people. We had a fun happy hour once.

ConsUnrealistic expectations and too little pay. The stress level at they company is not worth it even if they doubled my money. I went to a good So Cal University but feel as though my education was lost on the level to which I am so under utilized. I thought that I was getting into a sales role where I'd have the chance to grow and get promoted but I might as well be changing bed pans like a candy striper in the hospitals. I get my wrist slapped for over time hours but it is impossible to not go over on my hours. So many of my peers have been let go here so I'm always looking over my back.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back the good people you got rid of, we need them

Sunny location but a Shady Business

Service Tech (Former Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsI worked an 8 hour day. My service center was on the bus route or easy drop off for a ride to work. No weekend work.

ConsSoon realized that I was stuck in a dead end job, not a career and it was never laid out what my next move would be in the company. It's easy to have big title but little pay. Most of m friends make more per hour than I did so I found a better job with better benefits. The field reps always complained about being watched or listened to and that they were underpaid. I did not deal with the upper management much but it seemed like the field reps were always unhappy complaining that they did favors for the big doctors but worried about getting in trouble for violating laws. I was not part of billing but the reps always said they would give free units to patients to pull favors for the big doctors. All I did was clean machines all day but Im worth much more than that and was told Id have more of a future.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay way more and in line with what other companies pay. I could make more at In and Out Burger.

Bright employees, Dim Management, Dull Job

Patient Care (Former Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsGood right out of college to get hired, I was hired fast. Drove a company car, did not have to wear a dress to work.

ConsI worked rotating weekends on call and being new had to work Christmas eve. All day all I did was set up patients and computer work on their insurance. I was great at it but it got old fast and I was way over-qualified with my degree. I was promised 18 an hour but only was paid 15 and it was never addressed. My fellow employees were fun and great people but we all seemed to be way more intelligent than the people in the home office. I moved on to bigger and better.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make false promises and listen to the ones who set up patients. Pay the employees what they are worth and maybe yourselves a little less then people will stick around longer. Do our reviews on time and be fair. Don't have someone from Arizona review us when he does not even work with us. Stop firing all the good talent it just seems like you are threatened by them. Women have brains as well and we want to prove it so give us a chance.

Worked for Maldonado Medical? Contribute to the Community!