Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals

Mark Trudeau

Chemical Operator

Current Employee - Chemical Operator
    Current Employee - Chemical Operator

I have been working at Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than a year

Pros

The job oily s very rewarding and the people are friendly

Cons

Im learning something new everyday

Leadership is very important on every level

Disorganized and No room for personal life

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hobart, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hobart, NY

I worked at Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Benefits
    Low cost health insurance

Cons

Make corporate policies hard to understand
    Managers play too many games and politics
    Too many schedule changes, makes it impossible to have a personal life or family
    Short-staffed

Listen to your employees, advocate for your employees, better training is needed (especially with all the changes taking place!)

Heirarchy in IT stifles agility.

I have been working at Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals

Pros

Strong teams with in-depth expertise

Cons

Slow on decision-making, tight IT budgets

...

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company is slowly deteriorating

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hazelwood, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hazelwood, MO

I worked at Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are wonderful. Unless, you work at Hazelwood with the higher ups. The environment is Very cut throat.

Cons

The company is downsizing and watching hard workers get walked out the door. The company is extremely top heavy. Personally, some of the guidance employees were given by upper management was unethical ( this is my opinion).

Start taking ownership of the company you work for and acknowledge the people who actually do their job.

Unpleasant unorganized non professional work environment with racially unbalanced work practices.

Current Employee - Quality Technician II  in  Maryland Heights, MO
    Current Employee - Quality Technician II in Maryland Heights, MO

I have been working at Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Its a paycheck every 2 weeks

Cons

Sinking ship horrible place to work

Management has certain individuals who they seek out to tell on fellow co workers with the promise of advancement. Ethnic groups of any color have a hard time with promotions and fair pay. All around this company should be investigated under several accounts for discrimination false documentation practices and bullying employees. During my decade tenure I have watched this company tank in the last 3 years. Horrible place to work if they could fire you for blowing your nose to hard they would. I personally have had 4 different supervisors in the past 2 years . This boat is sinking and there pushing you of without a life jacket. Thanks mallinckrodt for nothing.

Current employee

The Mallinckrodt Experience

Pros

Long standing company with an established name.

Cons

Going through a change in company direction that does not fit the current makeup of the company

Quit trying to change the company.

Don't waste your time here

Current Employee - Chemical Operator  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Chemical Operator in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

None to be found here

Cons

This is a One out of five star company.They are getting rid of people every day and will try to run this plant on a skeleton crew if that tells you anything. We only get paid for 36 hours a week for half the year in manufacturing. It's increasingly difficult to support a family unless you get plenty of overtime - by the way, they took that away too. The little raise we do get is taken away by this company every year in increased insurance costs. We work twelve hour shifts, nights, weekends and holidays. All these other posts on here that say what a great company this is are detached from reality. Our only hope is that this place is bought out by a respectable company and replaces the CEO and other top executives.

The plant manager has his head in the clouds so look for him to be gone after all the layoffs since there will be no work force to produce product.

Hamster wheel

Current Employee - Queue See Tech  in  Hobart, NY
    Current Employee - Queue See Tech in Hobart, NY

I have been working at Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Location: rural, Catskill Mountains, small town. Of course, that's not ideal for everyone, but it works for me.

Cons

The entire company is going through a process where consultants come in and tell everyone how to be more efficient (read: seeing us through a period of layoffs). But if you're looking for a job here, don't give up hope; the company is working diligently to drive long-time employees to retire or seek jobs elsewhere, and they may end up losing too many good, knowledgeable people.

The manager in my department is clueless when it comes to dealing with people or having the slightest idea about what actually happens in the department. The primary function seems to be to act as a sacrificial lamb in the event that a regulatory audit goes badly, because the term "manager" is obviously just an empty title in his case.

Aside from boilerplate "we're moving forward, making good progress" commentary from site management, I haven't heard any optimism in a long time. Most people are just hoping to keep their jobs (or find new ones, and soon), and are too busy keeping their heads down to care about whether the company is making good business decisions (Questcor, anyone?) or if it's simply a matter of time before we're out of business or bought (yet again).

Despite corporate's efforts to introduce a new culture, it comes at a time when the prevailing emotion is fear. Needless to say, that is not conducive to positive change.

Work on identifying supervisors and managers who are actually good at their jobs. Put more effort into developing the skills of people you already have. When possible, promote from within rather than hiring mid- and upper-level people who don't know the organization and who couldn't care less if they move on to another job after 6 months.

Reconsider the compensation structure. Don't expect to have (and retain) a technically adept QC team if you aren't willing to pay for it. If an entry level tech with a science degree can make as much or more on the manufacturing end, without having a degree, and without also being bogged down by the sense that there's no real chance of advancement in the department, why would they bother coming/staying?

Best Position ever.

Former Employee - Field Service Engineer  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Travel, free to make own schedule and multiple benefits.

Cons

Too many name changes in a short time.

Keep what you have.

Caveman mentality

Former Employee - Corporate Analyst  in  Hazelwood, MO
    Former Employee - Corporate Analyst in Hazelwood, MO

I worked at Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The workout center was great.

Cons

Mallinckrodt spent a huge amount on revamping the workout center and then had to layoff people. What is more important....really?

Quit using bullying as a management tool.

Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals Photos

Our vision as an employer is to be the natural home of resourceful, enterprising people who embody the cultural hallmarks of Engaged, Competitive, Collaborative, High Performing and Trustworthy.
Whether it's the production of specialty pharmaceuticals or quality imaging products, we are working to make complex products simpler, safer and better for patients.
Our expertise and experience in development, formulation and manufacturing enable us to deliver high-quality specialty pharmaceuticals for patients.
With innovative imaging products, we continually strive to make a difference in the lives of patients and to partner with healthcare professionals in their efforts to deliver the best care possible.

+ Add Photo

Worked for Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!