Mamac Systems

S Asim Gul

MAMAC Systems' - Definition of Integrity

Current Employee - Upper Management in Chanhassen, MN
    Current Employee - Upper Management in Chanhassen, MN

I have been working at Mamac Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Throughout this review, please note that some of the comments are responses to previous reviews.

Never have I had to question my stability with the Company, even during the economic down turn. At MAMAC Systems, it's really very simple...get the job done and do it right. The system is based on old school mentality of hard work and dedication. Follow the basics and you will have complete support from management.

I have been a part of upper management at MAMAC for more than 20 years and have watched many employees grow within the Company simply due to their morals and ethics. Management strongly believes in finding the personalities that will mesh well within this organization - simply because we are well aware that not all candidates want to accomplish the same things the organization does. It is a choice to work at MAMAC - both for the candidate as well as the Company. Those of us who have chosen to dedicate their career to an environment that believes anyone can do anything they put their minds to, do that with 100% training, support, patience and understanding from upper management. The only requirement is hard work, dedication, and as with any innovative company, our management and employees are expected to be agile and capable of responding to changing conditions.

This company was started by Asim through his own inventions and ideas 32 years ago (not handed to him on a silver platter), and he has personally provided me the opportunity to be proud of what I do and who I am. There is a large number of current employees who hold the same high level of respect for him and MAMAC - and who have been with the Company for 12-20+ years, 90% of them are NOT upper management. They learned long ago what it means to "have your back". If this is so wrong, then don't work here.

If you want to surf the web while you are being paid to work
    If you expect something for nothing
    If you believe you shouldn't have to "work" for your money
    If you demand some level of respect without earning it
    If you enjoy job hopping
    If you choose to use the system rather than earn a living

...then I suggest you not look at careers at MAMAC

My experience at MAMAC Systems has taught me the real value of personal and professional integrity. This is exemplified by our management team and appreciated from our employees.

Cons

I am not willing to believe that our environment is anything different than most - we just don't sweep it under the rug and ignore it.

Worst Company I have worked for, Ever!!

Former Employee - Lab Technician in Chanhassen, MN

I worked at Mamac Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I can't think of anything good during my time at this company.

Cons

Very disrespectful and rude management. The CEO is the rudest person you could come across. A flashy person who has no value for his employees. You are treated like a slave here. Stay away, it is surely a waste of time working for this company. No questions asked, you do as you are told and oh, no mistakes are allowed or you will be yelled in front of everyone. There is constant intimidation by the management, As one reviewer noted, there is inadequate training.

Know your employees are your investment. They are the ones who are bringing you the money. Show respect. Study why most of your new employees are leaving you in less than 3 months. Stop the intimidation. Provide proper work training. Compensate employees properly.

Please read before considering MAMAC as an employer

Former Employee - Sales in Chanhassen, MN
    Former Employee - Sales in Chanhassen, MN

I worked at Mamac Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

8-5 hours; Monday through Friday work week, met some nice people there.

Cons

Hello reader and researcher of MAMAC Systems. I hope this review helps you. First off, I have given careful thought before writing this review. I am a person who wants to be as truthful without spewing out bitterness or spite (the reason why I waited over a week after being let go to actually review MAMAC)….Like you, I was in search of a job and was happy to be offered one. After reading many of the reviews on Glassdoor and other sources; I did have my doubts. I am person who believes on giving something a chance and forming my own opinion. That said…….

I just want to say be very very very careful when considering MAMAC as your next employer. The first review seen on Glassdoor is obviously done by someone at MAMAC to offset the majority of negative reviews. I say the negative reviews more accurately reflect what MAMAC represents. Integrity is definitely not one.

My adventure with MAMAC was short and I am grateful for that. I worked at MAMAC for 5 weeks. I was placed through job agency Aerotek, who were hesitant to place me. I just recently learned many job placement agencies will not work with MAMAC because of their reputation on dumping people like a piece of garbage and often without reason.

I came into this job as a Sales professional and feel I learned the MAMAC products quickly. I took the job seriously and bought into MAMAC’s pitch that they have a career path set for me. The office environment was rather different in that they tell you not to be “too chummy” with co-workers. I understand as a professional you should come into work, do your job and sometimes being too chummy can be a distraction. I GET IT. MAMAC takes it too far and just does not want to see any interaction. So expect a “no fun police” mentality.

I did meet some great people here and I do wish them the best! I just hate to see that some of the “good people” have to put up with a company that will not invest back into their employees. Trust me you deserve better!

I guess what bothers me the most is I had open communication with my boss. She told me I was doing a great job, meeting her expectations and I was even given more responsibility. I even received positive feedback from Aerotek that I was doing a great job! I went out of my way to learn the full product line, helped out when the work load was high for other employees and simply wanted to do more to make everyone’s job easier while still doing my job.

For me….I left on a Friday with things to do (from my boss) for the following week; said have a great weekend to my boss on the way out the door; and received an email on Saturday that my assignment has been terminated. (Yes an email!). I am sorry, that is the most unprofessional way to let someone go! At least face the person you are letting go; the person who cared about their job; strived to do more for you and the company and now has to face their own family that they are without a job. Integrity…….? I think not!

The reality is you can be doing a great job, showing promise to do great things for this company and it will not matter. You are expendable to MAMAC! 4-5 weeks is not enough time to see return on an employee/investment. I did my part to learn product, pitch that product and took on more responsibility to make the jobs of others easier. Why….it was because I took my job seriously and actually cared. I really do not see the logic from MAMAC’s point of view to invest in teaching an employee, actually see potential in that person, give feedback to the job placement company that that person is doing great and then dump them 4-5 weeks later? Clearly this company has no vision and clearly has no respect for people in general.

The last thought I want to leave with you about MAMC is they will present themselves as a “Stabile” company. Yes they have 32 years of Stability. Let me remind you this is stability for upper management and the couple employees that have seniority. The other majority of the people who work at MAMAC are through a job placement agency and can be dropped to with less technicalities.

I would recommend taking an extra month or two in your job search and find a company that has less “RED FLAGS” and is willing to invest back in you!

No Integrity, No Professionalism, Two Faced and you are expendable. Do not invest time or energy in a company that is not willing to return the favor!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STAY AWAY!!!! THIS PLACE IS HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Former Employee - Customer Service/Sale Assistant in Chanhassen, MN
    Former Employee - Customer Service/Sale Assistant in Chanhassen, MN

I worked at Mamac Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Monday to Friday hours only, but knowing you have to come back sunday makes everyday hell.

Cons

Where can I start. RUDE RUDE RUDE RUDE MANAGEMENT!!! It doesn't matter how much of a hard worker you are or if you have the best patients in the world they will be extremely condescending to you. One mistake, doesn't matter if its your first week they will nag / harass you how you made that mistake, and how embarrassing you are for making that mistake (in your cubicle where everyone can hear.) They never train you properly and they expect you to do 10 things at the same time. Honestly, the overall job isn't that hard if they were more organized, more trustworthy towards their employees and update their ancient system. But they make you write down a timesheet of what you are doing at the exact time you come in. If your minutes on your time sheet do not add up to 480 minutes..it results in getting an email on what you were you doing the whole day...or nit-pick on why did it take so long. They would also state that it shouldn't take that long and you need to approve, if not termination can happen. On top of that, you write down a telephone log on who you talked to...what kind of order did you do...who did you quote, and then you type it up in the system which is the same thing you just wrote down. Like...WHY. Oh so they can micro manage the crap out of you. Again, you make a unknown mistake...you get yelled at. THIS RUINS YOUR WHOLE WEEK, thats if you still decide to continue working there...and if you do...they take advantage of you more and more because everyone else around you is quitting. The more you stay, the more responsibilities you will have. When doing projects for them they wait until last minute, like THE DAY BEFORE at 4:30pm when you leave at 5:00pm and expect you to have everything perfect or else...if they see a mistake...DUN DUN DUN...GUESS!!! More getting yelled at...this is your typical day at mamac. This is my experience after working there for 7 months. Started out as a temp then agreed to be a full time employee. (I needed the money) I promise I am not exaggerating, I read the previous reviews on here and NO ONE IS LYING! I stopped showing up and that was the best decision I have ever made. I was trying to make it to a year but the stress level here was extremely high.
    __________________________________________________________________

Some Non-Sense rules they have out of many:
    * No calling in sick Mondays or Fridays, if you do...you must have a doctors note.
    * No going to the bathroom unless it is your break time
    * No listening to music at your desk & cellphones can't be out.
    * When you are 1 minute late you must fill out a tardy sheet and they use your PTO to make up those minutes, doesn't matter if it was snowing really hard. THEY DON'T CARE, "NO EXCUSES"
    * When you call in sick, they ask you to call back in the afternoon to determine if you will be back tomorrow.
    * You must right click and open programs because doubling clicking might open up the programs twice and windows XP cannot handle it.
    * The coffee-maker in the break room is for the CEO ONLY, you cannot touch his coffee nor the coffee maker.
    * You must enter in the employee entrance only because if you are late the security guard will call the VP.
    * No talking to each other about anything unless it's work related. Out in the production area they seriously look all sad.
    * No Smiling, no really...they think you are fooling around if you have a smile on.

Hey VPs, just because Asim is the CEO doesn't make him a god and we are his slaves. How can you expect respect when he is the most disrespectful person I have ever met?

COMMUNICATE | How can you say you are a professional work culture at all? Management can’t communicate to each other, and you blame it on the employees who are scared for life to even come up to you.

STOP BEING RUDE | When you are a temp employee and they don't want you to work there anymore. They can't say it to your face…they call your recruiter and tell them your last day was today. You guys purposely yell at someone in front of the office because you want him or her to be embarrassed, and you think that’s the best way to make sure it doesn't happen again. WHO THINKS THAT WAY!!!

You know how you all say THIS IS A WASTE OF TIME. Well working there was the biggest waste of my time, and everyone else who has step foot at mamac. Take a look at the employee records, why do you think people quit in less than a month or I’ve seen a week, BECAUSE YALL ARE STUCK UP UNPROFESSIONAL PEOPLE.

Nobody "has your back"

Former Employee - Lab Technician in Chanhassen, MN

I worked at Mamac Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The hours were good, until I got my overtime cut because I was "in trouble". I also enjoyed working alone and this company gave me that.

Cons

I was told management had my back until they stabbed me in it...so I guess it all depends on what they mean by "they have your back". It dosent matter how hard you work or what you accomplish or the extra distance you go to help train, organize or motivate others...your laughed at and called autistic behind your back.

People are not equal and should not be treated as such. Stop picking on people, different is a good thing.

Never pay attention to someones review if they were paid to give it!

Former Employee - Not Important in Chanhassen, MN
    Former Employee - Not Important in Chanhassen, MN

I worked at Mamac Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easy to get hired on.

Cons

Management would belittle workers on a daily basis. When asked why they hired a large amount of foreigners the response was because they work cheap and can rarely speak English enough to find another job. No ability to move up in the company and the lack of communication were the main cons at this job. I would not consider this a career for anyone but a misstep in life.

Take communication classes.

Don't make a BIG Mistake!

I worked at Mamac Systems full-time

Pros

The people you work with are nice. Watch your step around the people you work for.

Cons

All I have to say is DO NOT put yourself through the wringer to work here! Respect yourself and stay away from this place. Management is completely disrespectful towards their employees. Mistakes are not allowed! You make a mistake and you will be talked down to, like a 2 year old, in front of the whole office. It isn't worth the headache! I hated getting up and having to come to this place every day, the end of the day couldn't come fast enough. You can't have an opinion about anything here. You aren't allowed to talk to your co workers, or have personal stuff of any kind at your desk. Your desk is a computer and a phone, that's it ! Please, stay far, far away!

Have some compassion for your employees. Respect them and treat them like adults. Mistakes are ok, it is not the end of the world! Everything can be fixed. There is always going to be one unhappy person in the bunch.

I liked working there a lot.

Former Employee - Cleanroom Chemist in Chanhassen, MN
    Former Employee - Cleanroom Chemist in Chanhassen, MN

I worked at Mamac Systems as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The work was interesting and always changing.

Cons

The work was not in my field of expertise.

Complete disaster!!

Current Employee - Just There I Guess Thats the Way Your Treated in Chanhassen, MN

I have been working at Mamac Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Only pro here is you get paid...

Cons

All of management are a complete conceded disaster! When you note the only good comments come from management. You are treated as if you are an inmate in a prison and unfortunately with the job market the way it is, it feels like a life sentence.

Grow up and realize your high school career was over long ago..management clicks and treating people like they are beneath you is pathetic. Being rich and having fancy cars gives you zero right to be the way you are..just sad!

Do you want to become depressed? This is the perfect place.

Current Employee - Customer Service in Chanhassen, MN
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Chanhassen, MN

I have been working at Mamac Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Realizing I am a person who deserves better. Now I know exactly what I want in my career. A good team.

Cons

It's sad that I had to see all of the things I saw while working there. For example, swearing at employees in front of everyone with no respect. They absolutely don't care about you. It seems over the top with all the negativity at this place, but when you think you've seen or experience the worst it gets even more tragic! If you make a mistake because you were half trained on something you get yelled at and talked to like you were stupid. But don't ask questions either because you will get talked to like you're stupid again. I was there for less than a year and I've never seen so many people quit every week. If you ask around everyone is new and the longest tenured person that's not a VP has only worked there for 3 years. This is coming from a company that's over 31 years old. On your first day you'll realize the truth about mamac systems.

Change your work culture. It's not professional how management yells and complains constantly in front of the entire staff. Also STOP being disrespectful and treat your employees like people rather than slaves. If you want to minimize mistakes you need to implement a proper training program. The organization and communication are what create these issues. Upper Management needs to admit that they have arrogant issues and need to completely change their attitude to correct them. I hope this helps management really think about what they are doing to their company. So in short, change your work culture, communicate, start organizing and you will start seeing changes for the better.