Mammoth Mountain

Be The First To
Add Photos

Rusty Gregory

I loved it!

Snowboard Instructor (Former Employee)
    Mammoth Lakes, CA

ProsAbsolutely the most fun and interesting place to work for a season. I highly recommend it to everyone! A great place to meet new people and gain very unique experiences.

ConsA party atmosphere with not a lot of room to move up in the organization. The hours can be brutal but you gotta pay the cost to live somewhere so amazing and beautiful.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees better!

Poor Quality of Workers

Cashier (Former Employee)
    Mammoth Lakes, CA

Pros~ You get to ski for free, but if you are a part-time holiday employee you only get to ski as many days as you work.
    ~ All food in cafeteria is 50% off.

ConsI worked as a holiday employee and was blown away by the lack of professionalism of the employees and the management. It is no wonder that Mammoth Mountain is miles behind Vale and Aspen. The base employees are usually high school drop-outs that know nothing about hospitality or how to talk to guests. I constantly was diffusing tense situations that would arise because my fellow coworkers would blame guests for everything. Management was no better. My direct supervisor had no class and could have used a few lessons in employee management and guest relations. The CEO is an immature ski bum that lucked out in becoming CEO. He berated a MVP pass holder on a forum, the year that I worked there, saying that if the MVP member wasn't happy with his decisions, then Rusty would personally buy back his pass so that he wouldn't return to the mountain and ski there any more. It was embarrassing to be a part of such an ignorant and entitled community. The pay is measly as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should at least have an education and take basic guest relation classes. Pay for holiday workers should be higher in order to attract better quality workers.

Great Company

Skiing Services (Former Employee)
    Mammoth Lakes, CA

ProsVery Fun company to work for

ConsNeed your own money to work there

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not all that it's cracked up to be!

Skier Services Manager (Former Employee)
    Mammoth Lakes, CA

ProsResort atmosphere, ski/board time, most all your guests are happy.to be on vacation, resort perks, annual free ski pass

ConsManagement really plays favorites! Not what you know, it's who you --ow! Unorganized, right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing! Perspective employee pool very limited

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your middle management positions thoughts and ideas more carefully! quit grandfathering people that in no way should be in certain positions! Keep things on the more relaxed side as apposed to most people worrying if they will have a job from week to week!

Good employer for the area

ProsFree Ski Pass and mountain bike pass even for part time employees

Conslow pay compared to Cost of living

Top Mountain to Work At

Ski Instructor (Former Employee)

ProsMammoth offers great amenities to its employees, an employee discount in all mountain eateries and gift shops, and flexible hours.

ConsThe classes are large during the holiday season, but the Mammoth ensures that you will be paid for each additional student.

Advice to Senior ManagementOf all the mountains I've worked at, Mammoth was the best. That said, I'd prefer if employees had unlimited lift access on days off.

Worked for Mammoth Mountain? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mammoth Mountain reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mammoth Mountain CEO Rusty Gregory. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Mammoth Mountain employees.