ManTech

www.mantech.com

ManTech Reviews in Arlington, VA

Updated Jul 11, 2014
ManTech – Qandahārī – “Mantech RCV”

ManTech Chairman and CEO George J. Pedersen

George J. Pedersen

Pros
  • Good benefits; diverse company covering multiple career fields; puts employees first(in 22 reviews)

• Solid employer, good pay & benefits(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Job security was dependent on the company obtaining and maintaining a government contract(in 6 reviews)

• Long hours and little or no down time(in 6 reviews)

14 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A new creative way to take away employee's benefits...

Analyst (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsSeemed to be a great company to work for... UNTIL.... the end of my contract arrived, granted I had saved all my normally accrued leave the whole year to be able to take some with my husband when he retired (about the same time).....

ConsThey have policies set up to take away employee's benefits once they do not need them any more. What they WILL NOT tell you, that if you save your regular leave till the end of your contract, they will consider your first day of leave your 'resignation' day, leaving you without health insurance for the duration of your leave, and as a result of your 'forced resignation' you will not be able to file unemployment if you are not able to find another job right away...

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would only be fair to remove this 'policy' or at least print it somewhere, so people can plan their lives around these 'meant to deprive employees of their benefits' policies.

Will succeed at making you feel like a number

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsDecent benefits- paid parking and public transit, tuition assistance, 401K, Employee stock

ConsComplete disinterest in employee appreciation and maintaining morale. Often make you feel like you should be lucky to even have a job while telling you that you should support the company's bottom line.

Advice to Senior ManagementConnect with your employees at customer sites instead of spending thousands of dollars on "come see our new technology" events and other pointless endeavors.

Horrible Company

Engineer (Former Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsI received a paycheck but they often messed that up too.

ConsShady business practices, they want you to work for free, clueless manager, sexual harassment by manager, time card fraud encouraged, management by intimidation, rumors, bullying, don't care about the result only meeting the time table.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a cluce!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Reputable Company offering generous compensation

Contracts (Former Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsHighly intelligent professionals operating with integrity and positive attitudes

ConsProne to unexpected organizational change
    Inconsistency across business units

Advice to Senior ManagementProcess streamlining
    Avoid decentralizing corporate administration functions

Bad place where management doesn't care about employees and doesn't hide it.

C&A Analyst (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsCompensation
    Benefits
    Tuition assistance
    Pay for parking
    Nothing else

ConsProgram managers are not involved on what's going on at the client site and don't care,therefore managers play favorites and cannot be trusted. There are so many unethical things going on such as managers telling your personal business to everyone that will listen. When you try to solve the problem by going to upper management you are told to suck it up and get along with everyone or leave the company. Employee turnover is high. I haven't worked for ManTech long but I am really disappointed. If you complain because you have no computer or desk and therefore can't do any work you are treated as a second class citizen.

I asked upper management if I could be placed on another contract and he was extremely rude and nasty. Probably because there is an upcoming recompete and he just wants bodies to be able to win the contract.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop playing favorites, act as though you care, treat everyone especially new employees with respect.

Good company to work for!

Personnel Security Analyst (Former Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsCompetitive compensation. Great leadership where the rubber meets the road. Positive attitude toward employees going over to the Government side.

ConsYou can be limited by the specific terms of the contract with the Government.
    In some respects you are working for two masters, the company and the Government.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen to your site supervisors! Continue to keep employees in the loop. Continue to being in good contracts.

A good large company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsManagement provided classes to expand your skill set. They looked for talent within the company before posting jobs to the public.

ConsSometimes it is easy to become one of many working for a large company like ManTech. Stay tied in with your manager to find training or openings within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementConcentrate on all of the employees not just a few who are in key positions. Managers should connect with outside of their annual review.

N/A

Program Analyst (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsEasy to move around the company. Responsive managers.

ConsContracting company. You never really see any other ManTech employees. Time off and compensation depends on the Government. You don't get treated the same as a Federal employee. HR at ManTech is terrible. As is the website and anything to do with supporting the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a better HR team in place. Pay for more training of employees, especially younger ones.

SRS - Not a great place to start your career.

Program Control Analyst (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsManTech Benefits are great. Since SRS is now part of ManTech it should open up opportunities for SRS employees to move to a range of different government contracts. ManTech SRS mainly is just supporting DARPA currently which is an awesome agency.

ConsManTech SRS is a small outfit. The age group is very old and there may not be a lot of growth for younger people who get stuck in administrative jobs "temporarily." Since SRS primarily supports DARPA it is an old man's company. There are hardly any young people at DARPA and any who are there are simply in an administrative role. This is not a good place to start your career.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep making money.

Good job, poor compensation

Junior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsGood work life balance after working there for some time. The job is fun and exciting for the most part. The employees are very intelligent and fun to work with.

ConsPay could be better. Never received a promotion after 2.5 years of hard work and accepting a much higher level of responsibility. Management didn't seem to acknowledge what i achieved in the time that i spent there and never bothered to talk about promotions.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention the the competition and what they are paying and do more to satisfy your employees when it comes to salary.

Worked for ManTech? Contribute to the Community!