ManTech Reviews

• Arlington, VA
3.5
ManTech Chairman and CEO George J. Pedersen
George J. Pedersen

1. Great company to work for and tons of opportunities for advancement.

Current Employee - Classification Management in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Classification Management in Arlington, VA

I have been working at ManTech full-time

Pros

to gain more experience in classification management

Cons

clients releasing information for success of the contract

give your employees the tools needed to get the job done.

A new creative way to take away employee's benefits...

Current Contractor - Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Contractor - Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at ManTech as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Seemed to be a great company to work for... UNTIL.... the end of my contract arrived, granted I had saved all my normally accrued leave the whole year to be able to take some with my husband when he retired (about the same time).....

Cons

They have policies set up to take away employee's benefits once they do not need them any more. What they WILL NOT tell you, that if you save your regular leave till the end of your contract, they will consider your first day of leave your 'resignation' day, leaving you without health insurance for the duration of your leave, and as a result of your 'forced resignation' you will not be able to file unemployment if you are not able to find another job right away...

It would only be fair to remove this 'policy' or at least print it somewhere, so people can plan their lives around these 'meant to deprive employees of their benefits' policies.

Will succeed at making you feel like a number

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at ManTech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent benefits- paid parking and public transit, tuition assistance, 401K, Employee stock

Cons

Complete disinterest in employee appreciation and maintaining morale. Often make you feel like you should be lucky to even have a job while telling you that you should support the company's bottom line.

Connect with your employees at customer sites instead of spending thousands of dollars on "come see our new technology" events and other pointless endeavors.

Horrible Company

Former Employee - Engineer in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Arlington, VA

I worked at ManTech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I received a paycheck but they often messed that up too.

Cons

Shady business practices, they want you to work for free, clueless manager, sexual harassment by manager, time card fraud encouraged, management by intimidation, rumors, bullying, don't care about the result only meeting the time table.

Get a cluce!

6. Reputable Company offering generous compensation

Former Employee - Contracts in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Contracts in Arlington, VA

I worked at ManTech part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Highly intelligent professionals operating with integrity and positive attitudes

Cons

Prone to unexpected organizational change
    Inconsistency across business units

Process streamlining
    Avoid decentralizing corporate administration functions

7. Bad place where management doesn't care about employees and doesn't hide it.

Current Employee - C&A Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - C&A Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at ManTech full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Compensation
    Benefits
    Tuition assistance
    Pay for parking
    Nothing else

Cons

Program managers are not involved on what's going on at the client site and don't care,therefore managers play favorites and cannot be trusted. There are so many unethical things going on such as managers telling your personal business to everyone that will listen. When you try to solve the problem by going to upper management you are told to suck it up and get along with everyone or leave the company. Employee turnover is high. I haven't worked for ManTech long but I am really disappointed. If you complain because you have no computer or desk and therefore can't do any work you are treated as a second class citizen.

I asked upper management if I could be placed on another contract and he was extremely rude and nasty. Probably because there is an upcoming recompete and he just wants bodies to be able to win the contract.

Stop playing favorites, act as though you care, treat everyone especially new employees with respect.

Good company to work for!

Former Employee - Personnel Security Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Personnel Security Analyst in Arlington, VA

I worked at ManTech

Pros

Competitive compensation. Great leadership where the rubber meets the road. Positive attitude toward employees going over to the Government side.

Cons

You can be limited by the specific terms of the contract with the Government.
    In some respects you are working for two masters, the company and the Government.

Continue to listen to your site supervisors! Continue to keep employees in the loop. Continue to being in good contracts.

9. A good large company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at ManTech

Pros

Management provided classes to expand your skill set. They looked for talent within the company before posting jobs to the public.

Cons

Sometimes it is easy to become one of many working for a large company like ManTech. Stay tied in with your manager to find training or openings within the company.

Concentrate on all of the employees not just a few who are in key positions. Managers should connect with outside of their annual review.

N/A

Current Employee - Program Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Program Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at ManTech

Pros

Easy to move around the company. Responsive managers.

Cons

Contracting company. You never really see any other ManTech employees. Time off and compensation depends on the Government. You don't get treated the same as a Federal employee. HR at ManTech is terrible. As is the website and anything to do with supporting the employees.

Get a better HR team in place. Pay for more training of employees, especially younger ones.

11. SRS - Not a great place to start your career.

Current Employee - Program Control Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Program Control Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at ManTech

Pros

ManTech Benefits are great. Since SRS is now part of ManTech it should open up opportunities for SRS employees to move to a range of different government contracts. ManTech SRS mainly is just supporting DARPA currently which is an awesome agency.

Cons

ManTech SRS is a small outfit. The age group is very old and there may not be a lot of growth for younger people who get stuck in administrative jobs "temporarily." Since SRS primarily supports DARPA it is an old man's company. There are hardly any young people at DARPA and any who are there are simply in an administrative role. This is not a good place to start your career.

Keep making money.