ManTech Reviews

Reset
2.6
ManTech Chairman and CEO George J. Pedersen
George J. Pedersen

Pros
  • Good benefits and competitive salaries (in 28 reviews)

• Good pay and benefits as well as supporting my time in the National Guard (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours and little or no down time (in 7 reviews)

• zero teleworking and no work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

1. Depends on your contract

Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at ManTech (Less than a year)

Pros

You can pretty much wear casual attire

Cons

Chaotic environment. Not much room for team help.

2. FA/Accountant

Former Employee - Senior Accounting Analyst in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Accounting Analyst in Fairfax, VA

I worked at ManTech (More than a year)

Pros

No Pros during my experience with the company.

Cons

Treated terribly by managed while pregnant. Returned from standard maternity leave to additional management harassment. Worked as diligently as possible with extensive additional hours including bring my new born to work on weekends in effort to win over management team to no avail. Ultimately forced out.

Advice to Management

It is vital to recognize that employees outside the 'clique' can genuinely love, support, invest in and drive company growth.

3. Heavy Wheel Mechanic

Former Employee - Heavy Wheel Mechanic in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Heavy Wheel Mechanic in Fairfax, VA

I worked at ManTech (More than a year)

Pros

Good experience, gain knowledge and travel

Cons

Overall a very positive experience.

Advice to Management

None

5. Expected more from such a large company.

Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Fairfax, VA

I worked at ManTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I liked the fact that I was given minimal supervision in what I was doing, and the other contractors I interacted with were friendly.

Cons

Where do I start? Could never get management to make a decision. The ability of their supervisors to plan was mediocre. There is no room for growth and they do not track performance so that you can prove that you are invaluable to them. I will never work for them again and I will advise others to stay away. Not a great company to work for if you care about quality.

Advice to Management

Sometimes, you should interact with the people doing the work. There are too many supervisors who are either incompetent, or who are absent. Look for ways to base your employees work on tasks that are measurable. otherwise you are hiring drones who will never contribute meaningfully to the ManTech brand.

6. Great for "Up and comings"

Former Employee - Senior Buyer in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Buyer in Fairfax, VA

I worked at ManTech

Pros

Work environment, locations, buildings, software packages

Cons

Salaries are good, about 80% from the Big 7 Govt contractors. Like everywhere else, insurance packages are minimal investments for the companies.

Advice to Management

Focus on long term retention.

7. Good company to work for.

Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at ManTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent management, and administrative staff. Management has a hands off style, which allows the employees to shine on their own.

Cons

I am working on a contract, and there is little communication between ManTech headquarters and employees on contract. There is also a disconnect between expectations of contract and headquarters employees.

Advice to Management

Work on communications between headquarters and contract staff to bridge the gap in expectations. Employees on contracts have little connection with corporate culture and can feel alienated from the culture.

Best of talent has left or is leaving...

Current Employee - Corporate in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Corporate in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at ManTech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not overly bureaucratic for a company of its size.

Cons

Continual cost cutting and staff reductions eventually results in poor work quality as the remaining overworked staff struggle to get the basic work done. Not a company concerned about attracting and retaining the best and brightest...most have left. Salary cuts and annual benefit cost increases beyond the norm.

Advice to Management

If you spent as much time developing your workforce as you do finding ways to cut costs, and finding ways to retain employees rather than treating them as expendable as soon as the contract is lost, you might turn things around. Exec management does not walk the talk regarding company values; morale is in the tank in our division.

Underpaid, Undervalued

Former Employee - Engineer in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Fairfax, VA

I worked at ManTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has many locations available for employment opportunities. The lack of strict oversight makes it very easy to do only what is expected of you minimal effort.

Cons

This company does not value its employees nor the people it does business with. ManTech consistently underpay the employees on contracts, which is necessitated by the efforts to undercut bids from competing companies. As with most defense contractors, they do not value loyalty to their employees. The bottom line: this company is not a place to stay long term.

Advice to Management

Work on building your internal assets by developing the skills your employees have. Show employees they are valued by using competitive incentives and offering them more than a commemorative pin.

ManTech Has Gotten Bigger, But at a Cost

Former Employee - Corporate Support Function in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Corporate Support Function in Fairfax, VA

I worked at ManTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Offers good benefits and somewhat ok salary, but very interesting work. Most of the people are highly skilled, whatever their role, and hours were pretty flexible.

Cons

Two items for this: as with so many large firms, the higher up the food chain a manager is, the more clueless and often, the more arrogant. Fairly common throughout the industry. Maybe not so common and worse: within departments (say, accounting or proposals, contracts, can be any department, etc ) it can be like be like high school cliques, competing for resources and back stabbing occurs behind people's backs within departments quite frequently. Every man or woman for him- or herself. Hyper-competitive and cut-throat. This is something I and a number of others I worked with there have experienced. If you are new to the place, be very careful, figure out who your real friends are, if you can find any. Become friends with people in other departments for support and information about those in your own department. Be careful about doing great things too fast and too quickly, as jealous coworkers may work to undermine you.

Advice to Management

Figure out how to create and reward teams that truly collaborate and whose members don't try to undermine each other. Get rid of bad apples who spend more time playing power politics than doing their assigned job. Get rid of managers who use and reward subordinates as surrogates for their their power tripping games.

11. Nothing Special

Former Intern - Intern in Fairfax, VA
    Former Intern - Intern in Fairfax, VA

I worked at ManTech as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff, They seemed to care about their interns

Cons

The day to day tasks are so mundane, didn't feel like I was contributing anything important

RSS Feed </> Embed