ManTech

ManTech Chairman and CEO George J. Pedersen

George J. Pedersen

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good while it lasted ...

DoD Contractor (Former Employee)
    Herndon, VA

ProsReasonable benefits overall. Friendly, goal focused workplace. I was favorably impressed by Management's diligence in keeping all levels of employees regularly informed about business conditions. Very ex-military friendly, which can either be a benefit or a detriment to applicants, depending on your background.

ConsYour position is only as secure as the contract award. This is the nature of DOD support work, which is Mantech's bread and butter (e.g., layoffs are the norm). When it comes to reapplying your skill set after the DOD contract expires (or becomes unfunded mid-stream), there's little support for finding another position within the firm.

Don't waste your time

Herndon, VA

ProsDecent salary, good quality benefits

ConsEntirely too many reorgs, too political, senior management is out of touch with their employees, too much paperwork and nonsense policies, constant state of mayhem

Advice to Senior ManagementStop thinking that reorgs are going to solve everything. They do nothing but turn everyone's job upside down and cause mass chaos.

My experience at ManTech: Mission, Cyber & Intelligence Solutions

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Herndon, VA

ProsSome very good program managers.

ConsCEO and management team were ruthless in letting people go. I saw several management members walked out of the building under close "guard" without much compassion or consideration. Real quality was not a hallmark of this company - only getting the certs needed for winning business. Software tools were antiquated with lack of coordination between programs.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay the price for real quality investment and it will give you exponential returns.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Revolving Door

Administration (Former Employee)
    Herndon, VA

ProsVery few. Some professionals are hardworking, honest and nice. Benefits are better than most.

ConsDifficult work environments across all departments. Poor technology and systems. Little-to-no diversity. Promotions based on favoritism. Absence of business ethics in key areas. HR support for managers only. Employees sink or swim w/o HR support. Respect and dignity toward employees is absent. Smart, business savvy professionals stay for short periods of time and move on once they discover the inside story.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to the feedback you get from employees and work at implementing changes to the organization and archaic, old-boy network that no longer works with today's more progressive employees.

Decent benefits, management, as long as you stay in defense

Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee)
    Herndon, VA

ProsI was not working on a defense project, so evantually my role was no longer of much value to the company. However, in my role i earned a modest income for my area and experience.

ConsI wish Mantech helped me to find another role earlier internally before I had to seek a role externally. HR said that they would consider re-hiring me again in the future because I left on good terms.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen your time on a project is limited or about to come to end, consider helping project members to find another more suitable role within the company.

Don't work here if you don't have to

Pricing Analyst (Current Employee)
    Herndon, VA

ProsSome co-workers; that's about it.

ConsTons; lack of leadership; lack of mentoring; too many re-orgs; HR does squat; leadership doesn't listen to their management team or employees; no job growth; high turnover; bad moral. Crappy environment doesn't even tip the ice burg -- run the other if you can.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the re-orgs; listen to your management team; find growth for employees; mentor employees.

ManTech

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Herndon, VA

ProsManTech has positions and opportunities around the world and across a variety of communities and customers offering a solid choice of jobs/locations.

ConsOpportunities for training and professional development were few and far between if you weren't interested in business development. There was not a constant flow of communications from senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on people and taking care of current customers and the top line growth will increase as a result.

Worked for ManTech? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ManTech reviews and ratings in Herndon, VA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ManTech CEO George J. Pedersen. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by ManTech employees.