ManTech

www.mantech.com

ManTech Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014
ManTech – Qandahārī – “Mantech RCV”

ManTech Chairman and CEO George J. Pedersen

George J. Pedersen

Pros
  • Good benefits; diverse company covering multiple career fields; puts employees first(in 22 reviews)

• Solid employer, good pay & benefits(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Job security was dependent on the company obtaining and maintaining a government contract(in 6 reviews)

• Long hours and little or no down time(in 6 reviews)

Great place to work at

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPros great pay for the company

ConsLong hours when over time is required

Good Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTravel, travel, travel travel travel

ConsContract Work not permanent

Decent company

Supply Clerk (Former Employee) Columbus, GA

ProsPay is ok and work is steady and people are nice

ConsWork overseas living conditions not so good

Advice to Senior ManagementPromotions should go for what you do not what you know. Just because you know something doesn't mean you will be productive

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good enough

Systems Developer Principal (Current Employee) Norfolk, VA

ProsI find my local management is consistently good. They are qualified engineers and good leaders. I have been working for 40 years and have a lot to compare to. I have little to complain about in the area of salary and benefits. They don't nag me which I consider a major plus and I feel like an accepted and valued team member. They perform as well as any top-tier consulting company and I have worked for several of the best.

ConsLocal site management has little influence with the customer. They offer good advice which is promptly discarded. The job is extremely challenging.

Good people, terrible corporate machine

Principal Network Engineer (Former Employee) Vienna, VA

ProsSome of the groups do amazing things that literally, are done no where else in the world. Was able to get a decent salary only after repeated threats to leave and go to a competitor.

ConsThe bureaucracy is as bad as it gets. Insane management decisions that directly hurt the customer and employees.

A new creative way to take away employee's benefits...

Analyst (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsSeemed to be a great company to work for... UNTIL.... the end of my contract arrived, granted I had saved all my normally accrued leave the whole year to be able to take some with my husband when he retired (about the same time).....

ConsThey have policies set up to take away employee's benefits once they do not need them any more. What they WILL NOT tell you, that if you save your regular leave till the end of your contract, they will consider your first day of leave your 'resignation' day, leaving you without health insurance for the duration of your leave, and as a result of your 'forced resignation' you will not be able to file unemployment if you are not able to find another job right away...

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would only be fair to remove this 'policy' or at least print it somewhere, so people can plan their lives around these 'meant to deprive employees of their benefits' policies.

Just another Govt Contractor

Principal Engineer (Current Employee) Herndon, VA

ProsDecent benefits, timely pay, work can be interesting at times as long as you work on DoD contracts.

ConsOverbearing management with no interest in investing in their senior technology staff, every one for themselves culture due to the recent DoD budget cuts. You live and die by your contract, not much support in finding other work internally.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in you skilled technologists and give them a career path, instead of just operating like a glorified body chop chop.

Best company days are behind

ProsLuckily for me I negotiated a respectable salary when first hired. Annual increase have been minimal as they cut cost to improve fringe rate.

ConsProject managers lack the EQ and soft skills to appropriately interact and lead their team members.

Advice to Senior ManagementLead by example and have realistic expectations for your subordinate leaders and team members. Not to sound trite, but "keep it real."

Dim light at the end of the tunnel, very far away

Systems Administrator (Current Employee)

ProsMost of the people I work with are fantastic, supportive, and great to work with.

ConsAdvancement opportunities are hidden and only shared with those that mangement wants to share them with. Instead of experience and performance, advancement is obtained through brown nosing the management.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop playing favorites and make new opportunities known to all employees and not just the ones you want to continue playing favorites with.

Good while it lasted ...

DoD Contractor (Former Employee) Herndon, VA

ProsReasonable benefits overall. Friendly, goal focused workplace. I was favorably impressed by Management's diligence in keeping all levels of employees regularly informed about business conditions. Very ex-military friendly, which can either be a benefit or a detriment to applicants, depending on your background.

ConsYour position is only as secure as the contract award. This is the nature of DOD support work, which is Mantech's bread and butter (e.g., layoffs are the norm). When it comes to reapplying your skill set after the DOD contract expires (or becomes unfunded mid-stream), there's little support for finding another position within the firm.

Worked for ManTech? Contribute to the Community!