ManTech

Updated February 17, 2015
3.4

ManTech Chairman and CEO George J. Pedersen
George J. Pedersen

Pros
  • Good benefits; diverse company covering multiple career fields; puts employees first (in 28 reviews)

• Good pay and benefits as well as supporting my time in the National Guard (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours when over time is required (in 7 reviews)

• zero teleworking and no work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

I love it here

Current Employee - Security in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Security in Herndon, VA

I have been working at ManTech full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They have you set goals each year and how many of those goals you achieve and work performance determines your pay raise. There are often opportunities for advancement. Management actually likes there job so the environment isnt so tense as say a retail sales environment. The pay is also decent.

Cons

Some departments arent able to work from home depending on management and assignments.

Keep up the good work and keep listening to feedback from staff.

Well placed for future government contract work.

Current Employee - Lead Technical Writer/Editor in Kïhei, HI
    Current Employee - Lead Technical Writer/Editor in Kïhei, HI

I have been working at ManTech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great employee benefits plan, supportive HR staff, good reputation in the government IT field.

Cons

HR personnel don't know much about employees and activities of remotely-located projects. However, this situation shoes signs of improvement.

Mid-level and upper-level management need to become more familiar with remotely-located projects' activities and employees.

I enjoy working here at the Herndon, VA location. The building is up to date and there's plenty of parking.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Herndon, VA

I have been working at ManTech full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The location is good since it's a walking distance to the shopping center. Good working environment at least on the 3rd floor that I'm aware of.

Cons

I think the health benefits should be cheaper. Their hardware for the Herndon office could use an update. Some people are stuck up and won't even say hi to you.

None

Working with ManTech

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at ManTech as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

ManTech provides excellent benefits and is very supportive of their employees. Compensation is above average and their vacation policies are generous. I found this out when I transitioned to another company - not so much with my new company. In many cases, if you leave this organization with a positive and productive work history, they will re-hire you and this was the case with me. Also, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that they used my previous employment with them to add to my tenure (number of years worked) to their organization. Overall, my experience with ManTech was a very positive experience and I would encourage others to work for them.

Cons

There are few negative aspects to ManTech. I worked as an overseas contractor and my biggest frustration was the lack of disciplining or terminating employees for not doing their jobs and/or unprofessional behavior. However, ManTech is a very large organization and there are many barriers to terminating employees and this is often the rule when working as a government contractor overseas. You must be very specific and provide all documentation (often reviewed by legal) before a person is terminated for fear of frivolous lawsuits.

Overall very satisfied with management and how I was treated. I may consider applying with them again in the future.

Instructional Design Specialist for DHS

Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Springfield, VA
    Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Springfield, VA

I have been working at ManTech full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I work with a really great team at ManTech for a project with DHS. The people are friendly and makes coming to work enjoyable

Cons

The downside of ManTech is the salary and benefits. If you work on a client site, there is very little benefit. ManTech employees can't telework while government staff can, and during a shutdown you are unpaid unless you use your own vacation day. The pay is not competitive with other defense contractors in the area. Upon getting hired, I had to ask for the med/dent benefit info. The HR recruiter was rude and said you will see it when you start work. That tells you that it was noting to brag about so they wanted to get you in the door for this low ball contract and then tell you the bad news.

Be competitive and keep up with other defense contractors. Offer more benefits to employees working on client sites or they will quit when better comes along.

Just another number

I have been working at ManTech

Pros

Large corporation we good education benefits

Cons

Employees are just another number.

Document Control

I have been working at ManTech

Pros

Made good money and worked around good people

Cons

I have Nonei liked my job

Good company to work for!!

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at ManTech as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits package was good, and dedication to the project at hand was a priority. Corporate acts generally concerned about employees in the field. Had 3 raises in 4 years so was well taken care of...

Cons

I have no complaints towards Mantech as a company. The 401k was not matching so basically useless except as a savings account.

Corporate, but a lot of talent

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hanover, MD
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hanover, MD

I have been working at ManTech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The projects here are a wide range but most of them are interesting and challenging. There's a lot of really smart people in close vacinity and at least from what I've seen there's a lot of ways to move up and get more involved. Management cares, HR is awesome and (at least for technical positions) there's a lot of expertise to learn from.

Cons

Benefits are okay. For technical people it would be good if there was more emphasis on being able to go to conferences and trainings but the medical benefits are good.

Good place to work.

I have been working at ManTech

Pros

Mobility Program is a good benefit in the contracting world. Original date of hire is honored if the employee returns to the company.

Cons

Bonuses and/or PIPs are not regularly awarded for job performance.

ManTech Photos