ManTech Reviews

Updated October 14, 2014
3.4

ManTech Chairman and CEO George J. Pedersen
George J. Pedersen

Pros
  • Good benefits; diverse company covering multiple career fields; puts employees first (in 28 reviews)

• Good pay and benefits as well as supporting my time in the National Guard (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours when over time is required (in 7 reviews)

• Job security was dependent on the company obtaining and maintaining a government contract (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Working with the ManTech team.

Former Employee - QA Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - QA Specialist in San Diego, CA

I worked at ManTech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

We get to work remotely, which is awesome.

Cons

We usually communicate mostly via email, so we rarely see colleagues that we work with.

Keep up the grea work.

Good people doing good work

Current Employee - Program Support Specialist in Lexington Park, MD
    Current Employee - Program Support Specialist in Lexington Park, MD

I have been working at ManTech full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of training options, committed to growth in position and in company if that's your goal. Good benefits and training availability. My team is comprised of a dedicated group of professionals who are committed to doing a job they can be proud of which insulates us from politics of big company and difficult customers.

Cons

Contract driven so have to be willing to adjust to different contract needs and customer changes in wants. Large company with all downside of dealing with large company policies and processes and bottom line needs.

Continue to make sure your excellent employees are working at challenging and satisfying tasks and keep communications open during stressful transitions

Great company to work for and tons of opportunities for advancement.

Current Employee - Classification Management in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Classification Management in Arlington, VA

I have been working at ManTech full-time

Pros

to gain more experience in classification management

Cons

clients releasing information for success of the contract

give your employees the tools needed to get the job done.

Great experience for veteran looking to transition to civilian workforce.

Current Employee - Senior Intelligence Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Intelligence Analyst

I have been working at ManTech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay and benefits as well as supporting my time in the National Guard
    Stock options and retirement matching added to the benefits package.
    Program manager was a great mentor and really invested in helping further my career.
    Employing many veterans including management, making transition easier from uniform to polo shirts.

Cons

Lots of travel sometimes required to meet government needs
    Vesting period for retirement is somewhat extended and matching is higher at some companies
    At contract end there weren't any positions available to transition in to

Continue to improve benefits package with respect to retirement benefits specifically
    Look for other areas in which end of contract employees can be transitioned

Excellent company to work for.

Former Employee - Mission Support Manager in Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)
    Former Employee - Mission Support Manager in Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

I worked at ManTech as a contractor (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits (401k), great pay.

Cons

Mostly contract work. Contract ends, so does the job.

Phenomenal company...had a terrific boss

Former Employee - Project Manager in Macdill AFB, FL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Macdill AFB, FL

I worked at ManTech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

CEO stressed people were the company's most important asset and the policies reflected that. When we lost the contract ManTech gave their departing employees severance pay...none of the other subcontractors did the same for their employees. Plus, my ManTech supervisor got personally involved whenever one his employees had a pay issue or problem with HR. Overall, great 401k match--the company contributed 5% when the employee contributed 6%.

Cons

I don't have any...I was exceptionally pleased with ManTech and that was further reinforced when I went to work for a new company that won the follow-on contract and their pay & benefits not nearly as good as ManTech's (which is why they won). The only thing that could have been better was instant vesting...ManTech had a graduated vesting that took 3 years to get 100% of your 401k and 5 years to get 100% of your profit sharing.

Great Oppurtunity

Current Employee - Information Systems Security Analyst in Stuttgart (Germany)
    Current Employee - Information Systems Security Analyst in Stuttgart (Germany)

I have been working at ManTech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great management. Work/Life flexibility has been on of the best. This has been a big step since retiring from the Military a few months back.

Cons

At this time, I have no cons.

I had a great experience at ManTech, the staff was very cordial and my co worker were excellent.

Former Employee - Buyers Associate in Fayetteville, NC
    Former Employee - Buyers Associate in Fayetteville, NC

I worked at ManTech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The office atmosphere was awesome. The leadership was approachable.

Cons

The time off policies weren't good at all for folks with children

Management should take the time to counsel their workers on the progress they are making within the organization

Great company!

Current Employee - LAN Administrator in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - LAN Administrator in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at ManTech full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Military friendly company. Oppourtunities for additional training. 401K and Employee Stock Option Plan. Resonably priced medical benefits with multiple options. Jobs available around the world.

Cons

Limited oppourtunity for advancement outside of Washington DC area. Limited exposure to management when geographically seperated. Education money can only be used to persue degree related to current position.

An incredible place to work

Former Employee - Intrusion Analyst
    Former Employee - Intrusion Analyst

I worked at ManTech full-time

Pros

I don't think I've ever had the opportunity in my career, either before or since, to work with people quite as smart. My chain of command all the way up to the top were all extremely technical; I could talk C++ as easily with my coworker as I could with the VP of Engineering.

Even better is that Mantech has so many contract opportunities that you will have the opportunity to work on pretty much anything you like. While I was there, I got to work on kernel drivers, firmware vulnerability research, Android development, JQuery front-end technologies, Jenkins, and thanks to the fact that management has a strong mentorship and dual-track program, you never feel like you're sacrificing your career or wind up getting stuck just because you prefer to code.

Training? Sure! Whatever you like, you get to spend up to a week going somewhere to get training on that thing. And Mantech doesn't attach strings; if you want to get your training and then quit, they let you do it.

You like your private time? Excellent. Most contracts are on a time-and-materials basis. You are paid for every hour you work. After your 40 hours, you go home. No exceptions. Unless you want them, of course--in which case, you can work as many hours as you like, provided your manager approves of them.

Cons

If you're not top talent, then watch out! This company will bend over backwards to put its smartest people on internal research and development to hold on to them between contracts, but if you're entry level, expect your job to be on the line when your contract ends.

You've also got to be aware that the organization is incredibly federated. The extent of your interaction with the rest of the company will probably be the weekly pestering you get from HR about filing your timecards on time. If not for that, the people above your site director might as well not even exist.

Mantech has great opportunities for someone looking to make a living, but chasing down contracts all day long isn't going to get anyone rich--not the employees, not the management, nobody. You have acquired HB Gary in a bid to get more into the product space, and this is _great_, but you need to capitalize on this acquisition by aligning your engineering assets more directly on not only maintaining those products, but extending them.

ManTech Photos