ManTech

www.mantech.com

ManTech Reviews in Washington, DC

Updated Jul 18, 2014
ManTech – Qandahārī – “Mantech RCV”

ManTech Chairman and CEO George J. Pedersen

George J. Pedersen

Pros
  • Good benefits; diverse company covering multiple career fields; puts employees first(in 22 reviews)

• Solid employer, good pay & benefits(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours when over time is required(in 7 reviews)

• Job security was dependent on the company obtaining and maintaining a government contract(in 6 reviews)

73 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A new creative way to take away employee's benefits...

Analyst (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsSeemed to be a great company to work for... UNTIL.... the end of my contract arrived, granted I had saved all my normally accrued leave the whole year to be able to take some with my husband when he retired (about the same time).....

ConsThey have policies set up to take away employee's benefits once they do not need them any more. What they WILL NOT tell you, that if you save your regular leave till the end of your contract, they will consider your first day of leave your 'resignation' day, leaving you without health insurance for the duration of your leave, and as a result of your 'forced resignation' you will not be able to file unemployment if you are not able to find another job right away...

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would only be fair to remove this 'policy' or at least print it somewhere, so people can plan their lives around these 'meant to deprive employees of their benefits' policies.

Good people, terrible corporate machine

Principal Network Engineer (Former Employee) Vienna, VA

ProsSome of the groups do amazing things that literally, are done no where else in the world. Was able to get a decent salary only after repeated threats to leave and go to a competitor.

ConsThe bureaucracy is as bad as it gets. Insane management decisions that directly hurt the customer and employees.

Good while it lasted ...

DoD Contractor (Former Employee) Herndon, VA

ProsReasonable benefits overall. Friendly, goal focused workplace. I was favorably impressed by Management's diligence in keeping all levels of employees regularly informed about business conditions. Very ex-military friendly, which can either be a benefit or a detriment to applicants, depending on your background.

ConsYour position is only as secure as the contract award. This is the nature of DOD support work, which is Mantech's bread and butter (e.g., layoffs are the norm). When it comes to reapplying your skill set after the DOD contract expires (or becomes unfunded mid-stream), there's little support for finding another position within the firm.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Just another Govt Contractor

Principal Engineer (Current Employee) Herndon, VA

ProsDecent benefits, timely pay, work can be interesting at times as long as you work on DoD contracts.

ConsOverbearing management with no interest in investing in their senior technology staff, every one for themselves culture due to the recent DoD budget cuts. You live and die by your contract, not much support in finding other work internally.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in you skilled technologists and give them a career path, instead of just operating like a glorified body chop chop.

Good

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGood management support from the top down

ConsYour job is as secure as the government contract

Some good contracts

Forensic Examienr (Current Employee) Falls Church, VA

ProsIf you get hooked up with a good contract, the company is great but if you get stuck with a stinker, then you'll be miserable. Good pay, average benefits.

ConsThey have grown through acquisitions and seem to have made every director from the acquired companies into a Mantech director or executive director. There is too much middle management and they seem to be falling over themselves and competing for each other's fiefdoms.

Advice to Senior ManagementPAre down the middle management.

Underpaid, Undervalued

Engineer (Former Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsThe company has many locations available for employment opportunities. The lack of strict oversight makes it very easy to do only what is expected of you minimal effort.

ConsThis company does not value its employees nor the people it does business with. ManTech consistently underpay the employees on contracts, which is necessitated by the efforts to undercut bids from competing companies. As with most defense contractors, they do not value loyalty to their employees. The bottom line: this company is not a place to stay long term.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on building your internal assets by developing the skills your employees have. Show employees they are valued by using competitive incentives and offering them more than a commemorative pin.

Wasted Government money.

Database Engineer, Principal (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsIf you don't want to do work. This Company will let you not do it.

ConsManagement more interested in their career than employee being allowed to do real work.
    Will hire incompetents and allow them to waste government money.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore involved with getting their paycheck than providing valid support to government.

It was nice

Automotive Mechanic (Former Employee) Chantilly, VA

ProsPaid of was good, and everthing else

Conscontract ended quick, there was no company ride to work (overseas) or back to work, had to walk at least 15 to 20 mins to and from work through rain and lighting

Advice to Senior Managementdo a little bit better

Mantech ......... sweet!!

Systems Analyst (Current Employee) McLean, VA

ProsOver all the Company is a good place to work. They have impressive conferences at places like the National Ball Park, cocktail/casino parties to play a little, charities, and other fun stuff. Their benefits are good. They have a variety of packages to choose from. Also, when your department is doing well, they reward you with NICE bonuses. They have competitive salaries.

ConsManagers don't tell you when your'e doing a good job or when you need improvement on you. Their department for career advancement needs a little work.

Advice to Senior ManagementI wish the Mangers didn't seem too distant. I think off-site Managers should be more attentive to their Team. Visit the site more often, ask how they are doing, have telephone conversations to get updates, be more involved in career planning with their Team, etc. When people are treated like humans and not numbers, they stick around longer.

Worked for ManTech? Contribute to the Community!