Management Consulting & Research

Add Photos

Management Consulting & Research President Vincent J. Kiernan

Vincent J. Kiernan

Dealing with the LPTA malaise

Senior Associate (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsThe leadership is very open. Compensation was fair and the company does walk the talk. Even when MCR lost my position, management did not automatically fire me.

ConsCaught in the squeeze of low-priced technical acceptable. Sometimes middle management does not understand the client landscape. There seems to be a lack of business intelligence from the bid and proposal side.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide a career path for the younger generation. Provide more training opportunities. Consider providing a rotation experience for bright stars in your company.

Horrible Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStarted out good, decent pay, benefits.....

ConsManagement really doesn't care about their employees whatsoever. The change in President was the worst mistake ever......hard to run a company when management doesn't know what they are doing. If you go to HR with a problem they ignore you basically and tell you to just do your job....not a great HR dept at all. Place went downhill fast.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees more, work on building morale.

Started well - ended poorly

Senior Program Analyst (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsWorked at MCR for over 5 years - My first few years were great with strong leadership, good benefits. and provided strong opportunity and work/life balance and growth. Good up and coming company.

ConsIn the last few years, it went downhill quickly. Leadership changed and only cares about bottom line and provides no leadership - rarely shows initiative. Benefits have shrunk specifically 401K, and bonuses. No growth opportunities now and morale is very low.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of President and put someone in who knows what they are doing. Improve benefits and pay your employees appropriately and reward them.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor decision on my part

Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits and starting salary. Local office was very communicative, weekly staff meetings, and frequent social get togethers. But that's all.

ConsCorporate management does not care about employees. Annual review process was pushed for completion in system but no face to face, minuscule raise not even communicated to employees. No room for advancement. Reorg in 2012 totally changed the culture of the organization, away from employees and just to the bottom line.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember who actually brings in the money.

Project Management at MCR!

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    McLean, VA

ProsSmall company, competing against more established larger small businesses. Wins over competition is very exciting! Excellent technical competencies, support of employee development and participation within the industry!

ConsJob longevity driven by government budgets and funding. Competes in a government business segment which is very political.

Another Beltway bandit

Program Analyst (Former Employee)
    Alexandria, VA

ProsRecognized name in the Defense Intelligence field
    A medium sized company with offices around the world

ConsTypical Washington "beltway" company with a focus on attracting business and lesser focus on keeping good people.

Better than unemployment

Analyst (Former Employee)
    Dayton, OH

ProsIts better than being on unemployment

ConsIt used to be a great company to work for years ago but cuts to salaries, benefits, 401K, vacation have changed many employees' views

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement will not listen to advice. They are all about the bottom line.

Good for a Consulting Company

Senior Cost Analyst (Current Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsCertain senior leaders are people-oriented and advance dedicated, hard-workers. Customer and employee-focused.

ConsOther senior leaders and staff recognized/promoted purely on favouritism or whining and not based on contributions to company or customer. However, this is true in any organization.

Not a good place to work!

Administrator (Current Employee)
    McLean, VA

ProsCompetitive benefits package. I can't think of anything else nice to say!

ConsUnprofessional, mico-managed managers in various departments. No communications, unfair with salaries. Don't be fooled with their motto "Work Life Balance" on the company website! You can only have felixble hours if you are a manager!

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house!!

Great place to work

McLean, VA

ProsIf you are motivated, you can achieve significant advancement. Very open communication from Executive Management. Strong reputation for quality & integrity.

ConsThey really need to develop & fund a career management program. Communication within the local organizations is lacking. The brand has too narrow of a focus.

Worked for Management Consulting & Research? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Management Consulting & Research reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Management Consulting & Research CEO Vincent J. Kiernan . All 18 reviews posted anonymously by Management Consulting & Research employees.