Management Solutions

www.managementsolutions.com

Management Solutions Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2014

Good experience in risk management

ProsGreat opportunities to learn from financial risks and working close to the customer. Work with young people and with enthusiasm.

ConsToo focused on two or three clients. You have to sacrifice the work/life balance. No strategy projects in this company.

Business Consultant

Business Consultant (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsI have to admit, there is nothing special about this company. They recently entered US market to screw the recent graduates. They have consulting contracts with Santander and JP Morgan, they are mostly into financial consulting.

ConsI have almost waited for 3 months, since it is a consultant job. I told to each and everyone about the opportunity and excited to work for them. The initially gave me a verbal offer, but later they screwed me, wasted my time and I also rejected other offers. They totally screwed my career. Recent grads please avoid this company. I suggest you not to go with this kind of moron companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou got to improve your organizational skills in hiring, rather than making the people upset.

Great and good people, but a lot of hours.

Assistant (Current Employee) Madrid (Spain)

ProsYou will know lots of very high-cualified people, and (sometimes) will work in projects that will test yourself, forcing you to learn lots of new things about the industry. This will give you a lot of skills to the future, and you will learn quickly. In your first months you can be in front of a client, or leading a meeting. Salary is good comparing with the rest of the companies, and even the consultancy ones. Each year your salary is increased 10-15%.

ConsLots of hours of working. Sometimes caused by the project, but other by your bosses: some of them wouldn't let you go to home because "consultants work a lot of hours", even when there is no work at all to do. Your life-quality will depend on the project you end: if you end in a very bad project, you will spend your time doing silly and boring things that clients don't want to do (so they hire a consultant). If you are lucky, you will end soon, but in the worst cases you won't go home early; if you end in an interesting project, this will mean (almost sure) that you will have a lot of work, but in the end you will learn a lot of interesting things, ending at home later than 22:00 pm (in some cases at 2-3 morning, the record is to see the daybreak at the office [calm, this is not the common case]); and if you are incredibly lucky, you will have a very interesting project, and you will end your working day at 19:00... (¿where are those projects? But seriously, they exist...).

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stay away from here graduates!!

Consultant (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsThey only have one client, but it is a well known international bank (Santander). Working for such a big client is interesting for one or two years and looks very good on your CV.

ConsExtremely low starting salary and long hours.
    Only work with one client.
    Not a strong consultancy name to have on your CV.
    No pension fund or dental insurance. I've been told you do not get a bonus in your first two years and you can get a bonus of 1 or 2 thousand pounds after your third year... no comments.
    Locally hired graduates only stay for a maximum of one or two years (the time it takes them to find another job), the rest of the office are Spanish expats who have their flats in London paid and high daily expenses. After a few years they buy a house in Madrid with all the money they have earned and go back to Spain, then the company sends new expats. In the mean time new locals get hired every year because they need to substitute those that leave. Just terrible, nearly pathetic.
    I was lied during the interview process about the number of clients. They try to make you sign then you see the truth. I wish you had not lied to me.
    Lately HR is trying to compensate for all the bad reviews the company has received here in Glassdoor and are posting good reviews every two weeks (check reviews with 4 stars in 2014), trying to cover up is even worse.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire someone who can generate business with new clients.

Not for mediocre people

Intern (Former Employee)

ProsManagers and senior staff are incredibly easy to approach, they are very young in general.

It is a job thought for recent graduates, with lots of opportunities to learn and grow professionally. If your main goal in life is to reach your 40s and be stuck in the same 8 to 3 job everyday, this is definitely not the company for you. If you are ambitious and eager to LEARN, go for it.

ConsHeavy workload, too focused in Madrid (and Spain), other offices don't seem so important. They subsidize a Master's Degree for every consultant starting in Madrid...

In Management Solutions UK for 5 years and my experience has been unique, both professionally and personally.

Consultant (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGood and positive work atmosphere, everyone helps you and do their best to make you feel part of the team since the first time.
    There are a lot and varied projects in which the firm works, so you will be working in one that best fits with your profile.
    High international opportunities.
    Investment of time and assets for training purposes, organizing courses and training programs.
    The salary offered is similar to the one offered by competitors but with higher annual increases.

ConsYou can have at some point a high load of work depending of the project, where you will have to dedicate some of your personal time to it. Nevertheless, this occurs occasionally and specially when the project is at its last stage.

Good company to develop your career

Current Employee (Current Employee)

ProsThey offer you a great career path for recent graduates and a lot of international opportunities. The environment is nice as you are sorrounded by young and very well prepared professionals. The work is hard, but your effort and performance is rewarded every year

ConsSometimes is difficult to find a good work/life balance, but this is not different from other consultancy firms

Very poor company

Consultant (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsI would say the only good thing is the people. They are very supportive both professionally and socially. Most of them deserve better than the company they are at.

ConsThe company suffers from horrible work life balance. You can be in the office until the early hours of the morning just waiting for other people to do work. Management lie to employees about available opportunities. They also lie to clients regarding the level of employees to gain more revenue. There are only a few consultancy projects, most are just outsourcing roles in data entry. Also in the UK, Management Solutions only has ONE client. All in all its a horrible company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot much i think management can do but sell up the company to Santander as that would make sense given the dependence on the bank.

Good place to learn full of great people

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Madrid (Spain)

ProsThe company has been growing in double-digits since it was founded 10 years ago so career opportunities are there for one to grasp.

ConsToo focused on the financial industry, would welcome more industry diversity.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork-life balance is generally good but it depends a lot on the clients' culture and the management style of the partners in charge of the accounts for certain clients.

Opportunities, high-speed career, a lot of learning.

Consultor Junior (Current Employee) Madrid (Spain)

ProsYou'll have a lot of opportunities, with a lot of learning in a short period of time. You have courses, master in consulting, certifications and all paid. It's almost impossible that you get fired and exist the possibility to travel around the world. It's all paid, included the food and transport.

ConsYou won't have life out of the work. You'll always work more than your hours, the average is 13 hours a day (without additional bonus) and sometimes, you'll have to work on weekends (with extra money but the half you have worked). If you don't have to work on weekends, you'll have to study. It's a work prepared for working and don't have time for nothing more in your life. It's very demanding and stressful.
    The bosses will get all your money for your job, because you'll work the same hours as they.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's a need of work-life balance and you have to stay alert for that people that are tired.

Worked for Management Solutions? Contribute to the Community!