Management Solutions

Updated December 2, 2014
Updated December 2, 2014
2.8

CEO

Mixed, depends on your luck and assertiveness

Current Employee - Assistant Consultant in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Management Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Generally speaking management is pretty understanding
    -Coworkers are young, energetic, and friendly
    -Very social atmosphere
    -Work is as challenging as you make it
    -Regular raises
    -Clear upward mobility
    -Travel opportunities
    -Training Opportunities
    -Work is left at work

Cons

-Below average salaries for locals
    -Compensation structure heavily skewed toward traveling employees
    -Hours can be rough depending upon luck with a project
    -Raises NEVER given more often than once a year
    -Advancement structure that is very inflexible

It is pretty obvious that the turnover rate is due to the below average salaries. The Pros make up for some of this, but the discount is pretty heavy. There is a reason that the company's clients hire away employees after MS gets them trained. A little better salaries would go a long way toward retention rates. MS can also be pretty inflexible when it comes to advancement and raises. These ONLY happen once a year. It doesn't matter if you are the best employee MS have ever seen. Advancement only happens in late summer. Employees that travel also get compensated 2-3 times what locals get paid. This sometimes causes discontentment and hard feelings.

The company culture is pretty good. That and the travel opportunities (you have to ask if you want to travel) are pretty good Pros.

Low salary long hours

I worked at Management Solutions

Pros

Expousure to clients and team work

Cons

Low salary and long hours

Working in relatively new southern US office. It is a placeholder until you get a better job.

Current Employee - Assistant Consultant in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Management Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-The people are very down to earth, young, and fun to work with, contrasted with the stodgy old people that mostly work for our client.
    - A good bit of down time to focus on personal stuff, never too intense.
    - My friends think I have a cool and interesting job (hah).
    - I don't start work as early as some of my other friends, get to avoid traffic

Cons

- higher than average hours. Most friends get off at 5-6, we leave at 7 no matter if you have absolutely no work to do.
    - salary is poor for what the job entails. I'm not in a big city so I don't expect a lot, but compared to my local friends that have similar work and skills, I get paid the least, but usually work the most.
    - They admit salaries are not wild, but assert that raises are very good. That is not true from what I have experienced and seen so far. Maybe slightly higher than normal raises, but your 'bonus' is factored in to the salary/raise, so it is realistically lower than you think. Also, your raise at the end of the year is actually a POSSIBLE bonus you will receive at the end of the NEXT year. Also quite a letdown.
    - They basically sucker in locals to work for a year or two. No one wants to stay, most have left already. You work alongside Spaniards that are here temporarily, and they get free housing and daily stipends. Locals get nothing.

Be more transparent with what the job entails, and with the clients. They want to make lots of money off the clients, forcing us to work long hours when it is not needed, and telling the clients we are more skilled and experienced than we actually are. Also make salaries more competitive to the environment and work produced.

Great Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Management Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It was a great company to work for

Cons

There weren't a lot of cons to speak of

None

Good experience in risk management

I have been working at Management Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunities to learn from financial risks and working close to the customer. Work with young people and with enthusiasm.

Cons

Too focused on two or three clients. You have to sacrifice the work/life balance. No strategy projects in this company.

Business Consultant

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Management Solutions full-time

Pros

I have to admit, there is nothing special about this company. They recently entered US market to screw the recent graduates. They have consulting contracts with Santander and JP Morgan, they are mostly into financial consulting.

Cons

I have almost waited for 3 months, since it is a consultant job. I told to each and everyone about the opportunity and excited to work for them. The initially gave me a verbal offer, but later they screwed me, wasted my time and I also rejected other offers. They totally screwed my career. Recent grads please avoid this company. I suggest you not to go with this kind of moron companies.

You got to improve your organizational skills in hiring, rather than making the people upset.

Not really recommended

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Madrid (Spain)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Madrid (Spain)

I have been working at Management Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people you work with usually are really competent people with great skills, that will help you understand the project you work on.

Cons

Due to the crisis situation of Spain Management Solutions is getting great workers at the price of monkeys.

Work/life Balance is a MUST.

IT Consulting company, NOT Strategy Consulting firm

Former Employee - Consultant I in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Former Employee - Consultant I in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I worked at Management Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very strong culture; Lots of training, specially on computer tools; Fast paced career development

Cons

I was told on my interview process it was a Strategy Consulting company, such as McKinsey, BCG etc. However, it is totally focused on providing IT consulting for Banks and Finance Industry (80%+ of projects are focused on IT); Low salary (really low)

Focus on your staff, they are the most valuable asset on a Consulting Company. Provide them with competitive salary and friendly work environment.

Great and good people, but a lot of hours.

Current Employee - Assistant in Madrid (Spain)
    Current Employee - Assistant in Madrid (Spain)

I have been working at Management Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You will know lots of very high-cualified people, and (sometimes) will work in projects that will test yourself, forcing you to learn lots of new things about the industry. This will give you a lot of skills to the future, and you will learn quickly. In your first months you can be in front of a client, or leading a meeting. Salary is good comparing with the rest of the companies, and even the consultancy ones. Each year your salary is increased 10-15%.

Cons

Lots of hours of working. Sometimes caused by the project, but other by your bosses: some of them wouldn't let you go to home because "consultants work a lot of hours", even when there is no work at all to do. Your life-quality will depend on the project you end: if you end in a very bad project, you will spend your time doing silly and boring things that clients don't want to do (so they hire a consultant). If you are lucky, you will end soon, but in the worst cases you won't go home early; if you end in an interesting project, this will mean (almost sure) that you will have a lot of work, but in the end you will learn a lot of interesting things, ending at home later than 22:00 pm (in some cases at 2-3 morning, the record is to see the daybreak at the office [calm, this is not the common case]); and if you are incredibly lucky, you will have a very interesting project, and you will end your working day at 19:00... (¿where are those projects? But seriously, they exist...).

Stay away from here graduates!!

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Management Solutions full-time

Pros

They only have one client, but it is a well known international bank (Santander). Working for such a big client is interesting for one or two years and looks very good on your CV.

Cons

Extremely low starting salary and long hours.
    Only work with one client.
    Not a strong consultancy name to have on your CV.
    No pension fund or dental insurance. I've been told you do not get a bonus in your first two years and you can get a bonus of 1 or 2 thousand pounds after your third year... no comments.
    Locally hired graduates only stay for a maximum of one or two years (the time it takes them to find another job), the rest of the office are Spanish expats who have their flats in London paid and high daily expenses. After a few years they buy a house in Madrid with all the money they have earned and go back to Spain, then the company sends new expats. In the mean time new locals get hired every year because they need to substitute those that leave. Just terrible, nearly pathetic.
    I was lied during the interview process about the number of clients. They try to make you sign then you see the truth. I wish you had not lied to me.
    Lately HR is trying to compensate for all the bad reviews the company has received here in Glassdoor and are posting good reviews every two weeks (check reviews with 4 stars in 2014), trying to cover up is even worse.

Hire someone who can generate business with new clients.

Management Solutions Photos