Management & Training Corporation

3.5

R. Scott Marquardt

Educational and Positive

I worked at Management & Training Corporation as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I only worked here for about 7 weeks while doing Work Base with Job Corps, but I really enjoyed my time here. The environment is friendly and open, and the work is straight-forward. The work that they do to coordinate and run select Job Corps and detention facilities truly helps people to be more productive and meaningful members of society.

Cons

The only con that I had while working with MTC was the attention put into March Madness. I personally am not a fan of sports, and so it was annoying and a slightly frustrating how much effort and time they put into the March Madness basketball craze. If you're into sports though, then I'm sure you would really enjoy the enthusiasm, excitement, and camaraderie (and, of course, competition) that comes with March Madness.

my experience with MTC was one of the best so far.

Current Employee - Kitchen Helper  in  Drums, PA
    Current Employee - Kitchen Helper in Drums, PA

I have been working at Management & Training Corporation part-time for less than a year

Pros

the best thing was working with the employers.

Cons

the most challenge was getting use to moving in a fast paced speed, that kept you on your feet for long period of hours.

my advice would be never stop improving.

MTC is a graet organization to work for.

Current Employee - Deputy Center Director  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Deputy Center Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at Management & Training Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The organization really values their employees and is commited to customer service

Cons

Employment is increasingly unsatable due to shrinking government contracts.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Its been quite an adventure

Current Employee - Corrections Officer  in  Henderson, TX
    Current Employee - Corrections Officer in Henderson, TX

I have been working at Management & Training Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

An Opportunity to protect the community from society's rejects and get them ready for re entry into the world. We work an every other weekend off schedule

Cons

Long Hours, a ton of paperwork for each area, Always have to watch everything you say & do.

Certain departments need raises. Officers work the hours scheduled and some arent able to make sure their families are taken care of.

I enjoy going to work

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

Pros

Upper management cares about employee development. I enjoy working with and getting to know co-workers. At the end of the day, the company is trying to improve lives, hard to argue with that.

Cons

I wish we could hire more people, but no one wants to leave.

Keep up the good work.

Worked on the job corps site as a career advisor

Current Employee - Career Advisor  in  Centerville, UT
    Current Employee - Career Advisor in Centerville, UT

Pros

Opportunities for advancement based on your degree, great place to start out after college

Cons

It's easy to get stuck in a position

Seek out employee's who have the potential for advancement

Great Company, Great Culture, and Great Vision, okay pay

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Centerville, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centerville, UT

I worked at Management & Training Corporation

Pros

The best part is the culture. Everyone is very down to earth and cares about each other and the company mission. The work done is also very rewarding. It is a chance to get paid and develop a career helping others and society.

Cons

The only real downside I say was pay. The pay is pretty good but can't compete with a lot of other companies.

This was a great place to work with a strong supportive staff

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Marana, AZ
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Marana, AZ

I worked at Management & Training Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

excellent benefits, life and health insurance benefits and a good work life balance. They were very willing to work with me in my work hours. It was a private prison and I did enjoy working with the inmates

Cons

Not many cons really. I suppose the only real con is there were not formal break to take lunches so it was catch as catch can. We were not allowed to take lunch in our office.

I believe the management did the best they could with what they had, especially with the cut in spending and changes starting to occur

MTC Makes dreams come true.

Former Employee - Residential Living Manager  in  Clearfield, UT
    Former Employee - Residential Living Manager in Clearfield, UT

I worked at Management & Training Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The only reason a person should be working at Clearfield Job Corps is because they want to help youths change their lives. The Residential Living department is under Teamsters Locale 222 so the union assist the advisors in any misconduct from the company. Time off policies, and pay are good. The insurance is high but compariable to private companies. There is room for personal growth. MTC has some of the highest values in the industry.

Cons

To bad those values are left to the Directors of the center. For years we had great Directors who knew MTC's vision and knew Dr. Bob and what he expected. Now we have directors who are inexperienced, self-centered, and driven by numbers. They allow the students to drink alcohol, have sex, do drugs and sell drugs on center. They are allowed to go out into the community and cause mayhem. Students come to Job Corps to go to school but the present directors let them miss 100's of class hours. The students know they are running the center. If the students disagree with a staff they go to the directors, who will tell the staff to give in to the student. Because we need the numbers. If you don't agree with the directors they get rid of you. By any means. There is no real leadership right now and the staff are scared to really voice their opinion.

This was a company of values. Now the company is driven by the number of students it keeps for 90+ days. Staff from the corporate office should make a surprise visit and talk to the staff in residential. Don't let the managers pick the staff you pick them. Let them know they will not be fired for telling the truth about what's going on. This is not Dr. Bob's program. This is not Clearfield Job Corps. Bring back the old values and get rid of staff that are only there for a pay-check. And those who recieve a pay check and don't come to work.

awesom

Current Employee - Management Trainee  in  Rānchī (India)
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Rānchī (India)

I have been working at Management & Training Corporation

Pros

The quality of job entirely depends on the quality , reputation and employee-orientation level of the company where i will work. future is the post of Manager

Cons

possibility of conflict between members, longer decision-making process, participation of members required for success, extensive record keeping necessary, less incentive to invest additional capital

emphasize that they are certain aspects of your job that you have outgrown personally and professionally. Remember to make sure that you say you love your job, but you are ready for a new challenge

Worked for Management & Training Corporation? Contribute to the Community!