Managing Editor

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Dennis McGuire

1 Employee Review

Enjoyed working with customers. Don't care at all for how they "reward" employees.

Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) Jenkintown, PA

ProsThey provide a paycheck.
    Most of the people are pleasant to work with.
    You'll likely get a chance to work with a wide range of customers.

ConsThey don't appear to appreciate extra effort put forth by their employees. When I accepted the position, I was told I would only be traveling 20% of the time. Instead, I ended up traveling 80% of the time, leaving my wife back home alone for 8 of the 11 months I worked for them. I never once complained to them about all the extra travel as it was going to (and did) bring in around $250,000 for them—an amount which would have paid my salary for the next four years. I even declined the clients' offers to pay to fly me home every single weekend to save them some money.

I did what I could to go the extra mile for them and got great feedback from the customers I worked with. I was half expecting a year-end bonus. Instead, after my hiring manager left the company and the new guy decided he didn't want remote workers on his team, they laid me off without warning and without severance on the Monday after Thanksgiving.

Proceed with caution and keep your resume updated and your eyes open for better opportunities should you decide to accept a position with them, lest you end up in my shoes — suddenly unemployed less than a month before Christmas, with nothing to show for going the extra mile to put money in their pockets.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more considerate of your employees. Every person I've mentioned this odd turn of events to has, without prompting, responded with nearly as much disbelief as I had when hanging up the phone after you called to tell me that my position was being eliminated with no severance after I'd just spent 8 of the past 11 months on site with your customers and brought in $250k for you without complaint, when I was initially told I'd only be traveling 20% of the year (~2 months). And to do so with no warning and so close to Christmas when you stated I had done nothing wrong and that customer feedback had been wonderful is just plain shameful.

Worked for Managing Editor? Contribute to the Community!