Mandel Group Reviews

Barry R. Mandel
1 Rating

1. Big Turnover

I have been working at Mandel Group part-time

Pros

The company has a great reputation.

Cons

Hire you part time and the work load is definitely full time.

2. Poor training or coaching.

I worked at Mandel Group full-time

Pros

The company has a great reputation

Cons

There is no training for employees. You are put into a position and expected to figure it out. Employees are not given the proper tools to succeed and do their job. The company has finally hired a trainer but the trainer has not taken the time to learn specific job duties. Therefore cannot train.

Advice to Management

Have the trainer learn how to complete weekly reports, invoice entry, payroll etc.

3. Great place to work!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Mandel Group full-time

Pros

Professional, kept me informed of possible ventures, gave great latitude to perform my job, considered my comments, suggestions, state of the art and always regarded new materials and procedures in construction. Mentored and respected me as an employee. Clear indication of job expectations and provided the tools and means to get the job done. It was a great place to work and I would not hesitate to apply there again! I worked for the Mandel Group over 10 years ago.

Cons

At the time of my employment I had an immediate boss who considered foul language appropriate. The bonus structure was ambiguous and hard to navigate if disagreements arose.

5. Great company, not sure if it will lead to potential growth

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associated in Nutley, NJ
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associated in Nutley, NJ

I worked at Mandel Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people to work with, build communication and networking skills, Sales

Cons

Retail not too fond of it

Dismal. Managers are rude and incompetent.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Decent pay for the field with a semi relaxed office atmosphere. Interesting variety of tasks and duties makes the workday more enjoyable.

Cons

Management is mediocre, at best. Company encourages bad mouthing competition. Encourages misleading sales techniques. This fosters bad attitudes among employees.

How a company holds people in it's grasp without growth.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Easy to work there if you do not mind the office politics and click groups. Work load generally light. Lower level managers are excellent. They had some nice perks before the economic downturn. They need to bring back policies that make co-workers want to do well. They have the ability to make it a fine place to work. As a development company, they offer opportunity for growth in many fields. They give a lot of people chances for a job no matter what your skin color. Lots of companies do that but Mandel seems to hold dear to that policy. Bottom line; good company for salary income.

Cons

Senior management and principles are not very encouraging. They hold talented people down and blame others for their poor leadership. They have this long list of core principles and talk the talk very nicely, but in reality they do not live what they preach. A lot of people working there stay only because of the high salary they receive and not for quality of work or accomplishments they can be proud of. The COO is very demanding and will not let anyone make even minor decisions. The owner ignores problems of this COO and does not have the courage to make changes that would improve his company.

Advice to Management

You hired good people so let them have some free reign and take some of their advice. Try living the core principles you established. Trust others and watch over them, encourage them, and stop the manipulating. Most of all fire the COO or at least keep him in what he is good at.

RSS Feed </> Embed